Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That capsuleers frequently communicate by means of dataprojectors? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Promoting the opposing side...  (Read 24387 times)

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
Re: Promoting the opposing side...
« Reply #75 on: 06 Apr 2015, 10:50 »

I'm hoping to get re-subscribed soon for precisely the reasons that the OP noted.  Amarr RP is active but I'm not having fun with my Amarr because there is very little to do outside the faction. I'm cooking up a couple ideas for a Minmatar (or maybe joint Minmatar/Gallente) corporation. The current concept borrows very heavily from my past experience with SFRIM (with my Amarr character, Tabor would never....) and Gradient. I enjoyed both those groups, and they've had tremendous success both as Eve corps and RP entities.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #76 on: 06 Apr 2015, 11:29 »

Lyn, Kala's not complaining about Ava or accusing her of not doing enough. She's just saying that Ava being in game and RPing a bit is not a sign of Mini RP being alive and well.

Ava being in - game and Ava being an active Minmatar rp'er are not the same thing.

Well, I really agree with your point Jennifer but... It's not what I understood. Ava seems pretty active to me as a Minmatar RPer, even if she is not as present ingame as she was before.

Anyway yes, the Mini RP is not alive and well, I think everyone has already come to the same conclusion eons ago :/

You and I clearly have very different definitions of the word 'active'.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #77 on: 06 Apr 2015, 13:09 »

So, what would people like?

My idea with Clan Ogunkoya was to promote it as a place for Republic loyal Matari that thought of themselves as outsiders to the clan & tribe mainstream. The corporate blurb should make that obvious enough.

Corp activity would be a mix of Republic space PvE, anti piracy and occasional tours in the militia. Possibly with some industrial activity depending on the type of recruits.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #78 on: 06 Apr 2015, 14:17 »

Lyn, Kala's not complaining about Ava or accusing her of not doing enough. She's just saying that Ava being in game and RPing a bit is not a sign of Mini RP being alive and well.

Ava being in - game and Ava being an active Minmatar rp'er are not the same thing.

Well, I really agree with your point Jennifer but... It's not what I understood. Ava seems pretty active to me as a Minmatar RPer, even if she is not as present ingame as she was before.

Anyway yes, the Mini RP is not alive and well, I think everyone has already come to the same conclusion eons ago :/

It would seem so.

But what are you contributing to the Minmatar RP yourself, you who are a lot more... active ?  :|

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #79 on: 06 Apr 2015, 14:26 »

I had envisioned similar Corp activities Arnulf. Probably a little less focus on militia since that quickly becomes a grind. At first I had a knee-jerk reaction to the whole "outsiders to the clan/tribe mainstream" bit, but now that I think about it Tabor is pretty unorthodox. I'd have to discuss that a bit more in person.

What would I like?
1) A minmatar aligned corp that does a variety of activities (depending on what the membership wants) and avoids getting bogged down by a single in-game task (especially industry or FW)

2) A major part of the shared success of the Amarr-splosion was the establisment of shared IC and OOC channels so multiple Amarr groups could get together and plan stuff like RP events, OOC lore discussions, and even get fleets setup to bash RP enemies. Minmatar needs a set of channels like these so the minmatar groups that exist aren't just RPing in their own bubbles.

3) Lunarisse Aspenstar to go Tribal  :D

ValentinaDLM

• Wetgraver
  • Totally a Toaster
« Reply #80 on: 06 Apr 2015, 15:12 »

I would be interested to know how much RP Ushra Kahn does, like I do see them in space we do shoot at each other but by and large I don't see them in the Summit or other similar places.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #81 on: 06 Apr 2015, 15:36 »

I've been working on making some things today, a bunch of chat channels that link to/from each other, to provide venues for people to do stuff.

Maybe people could do that?

and make the effort to interact with people there as well
\o/

Nissui

« Reply #82 on: 06 Apr 2015, 16:58 »

As had been touched on briefly earlier in the thread, Louella's channel network could at least be handy for open communications between parties interested in generating content. A Mataricentric OOC channel which welcomes all regardless of faction might echo the success of the Amarr model.

Taking from Silas in another thread:

The more hindsight I gain on the Eve IP the more I really do feel they gave the Matari the shaft on nearly every front.  They gave them good background IP but the Republic never really went anywhere on their own.  All of their storylines were only in relation to the other big 3.

I wonder if the divergence of varied RP camps has to do in part with inconsistencies in PF. Some push for Republic unison which is supported in part by PF, some push for tribal autonomy and inter-tribal tension which is also supported by some PF. Hopefully, in the case of the Minmatar, the OOC roundtable might get certain camps involved with outside entities, if not each other.

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #83 on: 06 Apr 2015, 17:33 »

Tabor and Arnulf, I would be delighted to help however I can OOCly or even ICly where it makes sense :D

On the subject of the OOC channel open to all the GalRP community has just started doing this, and it has seemed to do wonders. Last week everyone in the channel jumped into an IC venue and just did a general chit-chat thing as a result of them being all together in the OOC channel, it was amazing to see a room full of GalRPers talking and generally having some awesome RP.

I definitely would agree that the idea of having an OOC channel for anyone interested/involved in a faction's RP is an exceptionally useful idea - it fosters a sense of community which is essential I think. :) It also performs a function similar to what Louella mentioned it creates a node from which a larger network of channels, events, corporations, etc. can be linked to - like the hub in a wheel.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #84 on: 06 Apr 2015, 17:52 »

I'm not a Minmatar loyalist anymore, and I haven't been since August.

Doesn't mean I'm not interested in the state of the faction though.

It would seem so.

But what are you contributing to the Minmatar RP yourself, you who are a lot more... active ?  :|

I have not been a Minmatar loyalist since August. 

Doesn't stop me being interested in the state of the faction though.
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2015, 08:08 by kalaratiri »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #85 on: 07 Apr 2015, 06:46 »

As had been touched on briefly earlier in the thread, Louella's channel network could at least be handy for open communications between parties interested in generating content. A Mataricentric OOC channel which welcomes all regardless of faction might echo the success of the Amarr model.

If these channels already exist they should be advertised. Posting here is nice but there are plenty of RPers who don't use backstage.

I wonder if the divergence of varied RP camps has to do in part with inconsistencies in PF. Some push for Republic unison which is supported in part by PF, some push for tribal autonomy and inter-tribal tension which is also supported by some PF. Hopefully, in the case of the Minmatar, the OOC roundtable might get certain camps involved with outside entities, if not each other.

This is one reason. The other reason I think has to do with some of the strong personalities we've had in Minmatar RP. Some of them don't get along so well and it's sort of balkanized the Minnie RP scene. I'm hopeful though, Amarr RP was pretty sparse and divided when Amarr OOC and Imperial Congregation channels were formed. Now things there are thriving. From what I've seen so far Gallente RP is starting to coalesce a bit more around their open channels. I'm very hopeful that a similar model will work for Minmatar.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #86 on: 07 Apr 2015, 09:21 »

If these channels already exist they should be advertised. Posting here is nice but there are plenty of RPers who don't use backstage.

I 2nd Tabor's comment.  Amarr side a lot of the new rpers have come from sources other than Backstage.  Luna tends to send an IC mail to almost any new Amarr rper she sees with links to some IC and ooc channels and her "business card" :)  Others have also been great about trying to spread the word too.  Hit the pavement and recruit, whatever the faction - let them know you are there and about!

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #87 on: 08 Apr 2015, 07:26 »

I checked last night. There's already a dead channel "minmatar ooc" it redirects people to "matari ooc", which is also dead and has no motd. Does anyone happen to know who the owners are or should we make a new channel? Not sure I want to make "republic ooc" since there are so many minmatar players outside of the republic.

Nissui

« Reply #88 on: 08 Apr 2015, 10:17 »

There's already a dead channel "minmatar ooc" it redirects people to "matari ooc", which is also dead and has no motd. Does anyone happen to know who the owners are...

My google-fu was not strong, could not locate a reference to these channels on eve-o, chatsubo, or the blogroll. Not sure what Louella has cooking, maybe " Minmatar.OOC" could work?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #89 on: 08 Apr 2015, 10:42 »

Or roll with a 'OOC Matari' or whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9