Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That each of the five empires technically has an equal say in all CONCORD matters? Read more in the Chronicle.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Boston Marathon explosions.  (Read 4362 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Boston Marathon explosions.
« on: 15 Apr 2013, 13:48 »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Boston Marathon explosions.
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2013, 13:49 »

From our local NPR station.

http://www.wbur.org/listen/live

http://www.wbur.org/2013/04/15/explosions-finish-line

I work in Watertown, so I'm nowhere near the area - but there are several people at the company who were involved with the marathon today. No news from the VP of SW Eng. yet, but I'll post when we know more.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2013, 13:56 »

Apparently, security has been stepped up in New York, although the cause of the explosions is still unknown.

President Obama has been informed about the explosions.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2013, 14:08 »

Latest updates are 22 injured and 2 dead, but those are probably only going to get higher.  :(

Edit - 28 and 2, now.
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2013, 14:38 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Anslol

« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2013, 14:39 »

I'm hearing rumbles about hydrogen peroxide being used in the explosion. Will continue listening.

Is anyone else from OOC in Boston?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2013, 14:48 »

I don't think so. AFAIK the closest people to me (within the RP community) are Gwen, Saede/Streya and Ava.

Couple other folks I know from Boston meet-ups are closer, but the ones I follow on Twitter (Two Step, Sir Happypants) have checked in as OK.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2013, 15:02 »

My best friend and his wife live there, she works a block from the explosions.  She's ok, some broken glass, but she's now trapped as the roads and bridges are all shut down. 

Most of the rest of my Boston friends have checked in on Facebook, still waiting to hear from a few more.  This is a clusterfuck. 

Anslol

« Reply #7 on: 15 Apr 2013, 15:13 »

A third bomb has gone off at the JFK library.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 15 Apr 2013, 16:11 »

Not confirmed.  Some reports say it was an unrelated fire.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #9 on: 15 Apr 2013, 16:16 »

Not confirmed.  Some reports say it was an unrelated fire.

This. Latest I've heard was electrical fire.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 15 Apr 2013, 16:47 »

Hearing one of the two people confirmed dead was an 8yo.

Seriously. What the fuck is wrong with people.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 15 Apr 2013, 16:49 »

Friend just texted me again.  Apparently one of the undetonated bombs was found in the mall where his wife works (right next to the marathon finish line). 

W
T
F

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #12 on: 15 Apr 2013, 16:58 »

Oh my.

I can't understand people's mindset when I see things like this, I really can't. How can one human being willingly do this to another?

My heart and prayers will be with the families and friends of those affected, as well as with Boston as a whole.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 15 Apr 2013, 17:09 »

It is majorly fucked up. :( how sad for all the families and friends of the runners, but I heard loads are going to donate blood which is wonderful.

I say this was an act of domestic terrorism piggybacking on all the international issues going on at the moment.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #14 on: 15 Apr 2013, 17:19 »

This is undeniably a terrible thing, and my heart goes out to everyone affected by this tragedy. At the same time, as the stories come in, it's heartening to see how unselfishly good and decent most people are when the chips are down. The runners who left the marathon to immediately donate blood. The bystanders who helped the injured. And especially, of course, the aid and rescue workers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4