Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char started life as humble mechanic?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Star Wars without Lucas  (Read 5288 times)

Khloe

• Silent Watcher
  • Egger
Re: Star Wars without Lucas
« Reply #45 on: 03 Nov 2012, 22:14 »

This is probably what I'm most looking forward to with the prospect of new movies on the horizon.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #46 on: 04 Nov 2012, 04:51 »

<3 Red Letter reviews

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #47 on: 29 Jan 2013, 23:46 »

*does some ooky-spooky thread necromancy*

Directed by JJ Abrams?

Will work for pretty sig.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #48 on: 30 Jan 2013, 01:55 »

Kohi \o/

Ootah-Gootah Kohi?
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #49 on: 30 Jan 2013, 04:39 »

Ootah-Gootah Kohi?

Yes, Gottii. I was just going to see your boss. Tell Jabba I've got his money.
Will work for pretty sig.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #50 on: 17 Aug 2013, 09:33 »

So this is me being a gigantic fangirl, but there are more indications that Chloe Grace Moretz (of Hit-Girl fame) may either be playing the lead or a major role in the new films.

Female protagonist for Star Wars? Say it isn't so.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #51 on: 17 Aug 2013, 19:33 »

She was the daughter of the filmmaker in Hugo, wasn't she? Huh... she's a pretty good choice, though I still hope they don't cast her as Mara Jade. Much as she may actually do the role justice, I can't say they'd do the same for the rest of the roles or story.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #52 on: 17 Aug 2013, 21:30 »

Considering this, I can't really say I'm expecting there to be a role of Mara Jade.

Nor the Solo twins, nor their little brother.

Nor Ben jr.

Nor Thrawn.

Nor Borsk Fey'lya, nor C'baoth, nor Talon Karrde, nor any of the Padawans and Knights of the New Jedi Order, etc etc ... you get the picture. I'm expecting homages, perhaps, but not the characters in any precise detail.

For the first time ever, there will be two distinct Star Wars timelines: the movies, then the expanded universe.

I weep.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #53 on: 18 Aug 2013, 01:59 »

She was the daughter of the filmmaker in Hugo, wasn't she? Huh... she's a pretty good choice, though I still hope they don't cast her as Mara Jade. Much as she may actually do the role justice, I can't say they'd do the same for the rest of the roles or story.

Also Hit Girl in Kick Ass, and the vampire in Let Me In.  She's a pretty exceptional actor for her age.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #54 on: 18 Aug 2013, 07:51 »

I'm of two minds. While CGM is an awesome actress who already knows martial arts and weapon handling (they had to train Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen for the epic Episode 3 finale fight), she's already a big star. We look at Mark Hamill and think "That's Luke Skywalker", and Carrie Fisher as "That's Princess Leia". But having CGM in Star Wars would be like "Oh, there's Hit-Girl as a Jedi!". Granted, while CGM is up-and-coming, her name isn't quite household yet, and it's likely she'd become 100% household with this role. If they want to make a new Star Wars one idea might be to have brand new actors so we can make new associations. Then again they had Samuel L Jackson in the prequel trilogy...

Also CGM might want to consider taking this role, since she seems to be getting typecasted as playing dark/depressed characters (Let Me In, Carrie, Kick-Ass, and in this upcoming film with Denzel Washington she's playing a prostitute).

Anyway, the hint she may be in it comes from this article, which is dated recently. Clearly under NDA until the official cast list is revealed.

So, the new JJ Abrams Star Wars film. There are a few rumours flying about...

"(Smiling) Yeah, I mean I can’t really speak about it. It’s exciting and it would be a very cool thing to be a part of and I think JJ’s brilliant but we’ll see."

I’m going to take that as a hint.

"(Laughing) Yeah."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]