Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Evanda Char once stole a priceless artifact from Admirals Tharrn's office and made it into ear rings precipitating a year long war?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Caldari Arc  (Read 20249 times)

Anslol

Re: Caldari Arc
« Reply #90 on: 04 Mar 2013, 11:56 »

delete
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2013, 12:07 by Anslol »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #91 on: 04 Mar 2013, 12:51 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHyObf4Csfc Just a video of the New Caldari event for anyone who couldn't be there

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #92 on: 05 Mar 2013, 20:34 »

Reading the most recent article, I am concerned that the storyline is actually not going to be a dead Heth and the ending of the CPD & office of Executor, but its solidification.   :cry:

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #93 on: 05 Mar 2013, 20:56 »

Numerous Caldari management resign. Heth promises significant investigations.

Could indeed lead to the CPD installing puppet managers, although I don't think they have that much executive authority to do something like that outside of KK. I would assume the other corps would still be able to promote their own management.

Even if they could, I think things have progressed too far by now for Heth to be able to save himself.

Vikarion

« Reply #94 on: 06 Mar 2013, 01:33 »

Reading the most recent article, I am concerned that the storyline is actually not going to be a dead Heth and the ending of the CPD & office of Executor, but its solidification.   :cry:

Never underestimate how much CCP likes to grief its players.  :P

Matoko

• Wetgraver
« Reply #95 on: 06 Mar 2013, 01:49 »

So KK does something stupid. I can see why their leadership would resign. But... All megas? Why all of the megas?

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #96 on: 06 Mar 2013, 02:08 »

It's a kind of civil disobedience, I think. A protest against, not their own management, but the current direction of the State.

Akin to a general strike? (although obviously, different in the specifics)
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Matoko

• Wetgraver
« Reply #97 on: 06 Mar 2013, 02:38 »

I suppose so, just seems a bit... Excessive, I guess. KK management should be "Oh shit..." enough. All the megas feels more like "trying too hard" than anything.  Hyasyoda and Ishukone in particular I'd expect to be dancing in the boardrooms. Even if quietly.

EDIT: To be fair, they actually could be in all honesty...

Publius Valerius

« Reply #98 on: 06 Mar 2013, 03:02 »

So KK does something stupid. I can see why their leadership would resign. But... All megas? Why all of the megas?
:lol: I already can see, that some of those managers will get busted with a cheap hooker in the passenger seat and a bag of coke in the glovebox on their way thru Fed-space.... and end up on  one of those embarrassing gallente celebrity TV shows..  :lol:

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #99 on: 06 Mar 2013, 13:15 »

Yeah, this article isn't exactly thrilling me. Why would a blanket 3% of management quit, especially in a society where you are your job? Where would they go even if they did? I could understand if a bunch of upper management in one or two megacorps resigned (and were immediately picked up by some other megacorp), but why exactly would that many people resign at the same time from widely disparate megas? If it is supposed to be some sort of coordinated protest, doing so without saying anything seems weird, and what are they protesting if they resigned from all megacorporations at once?

Blanket statistics aren't particularly great for storylines anyway...it would be a lot more interesting if it was a few high-profile resignations that they could focus on to give people something to speculate on rather than just talking about a faceless mass.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #100 on: 06 Mar 2013, 13:44 »

I would have taken them more seriously if they drank tea instead.  :D

Gesakaarin

« Reply #101 on: 06 Mar 2013, 18:42 »

Who knows, maybe those Executives will form a Caldari version of the Sons of Liberty and will proceed to throw CPD tea out the airlocks to protest the oppression of the CPD and the unfair governance of the Executor.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #102 on: 06 Mar 2013, 18:50 »

Why would a blanket 3% of management quit, especially in a society where you are your job? Where would they go even if they did?

The Guristas? The 'other' megacorp of the Caldari societal structure.

The Guristas offer them sanctuary, structure, purpose, jobs, etc. In return, the ex-management put high level corporate secrets and insider knowledge on the table. Meritocracy pirate-style.

Add to the conspiracy theory soup in liberal doses these possible ingredients: Ishukone's suspected role in the destabilisation process and the former KK CEO's "too late" message from her garden where she's long been plotting out Heth's downfall.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #103 on: 06 Mar 2013, 18:57 »

The Guristas are not "another megacorp." They may have their place, but they exist outside Caldari society specifically -- their status as outsiders is what makes them useful as a outlet to the Caldari. They may carry some degree of respect and honor (as the yakuza in Japan or the Triads in China), but they are definitely not seen as being part of legitimate Caldari society. In a society that is all about face, no Gurista (at least, no known Gurista -- Gariushi never disclosed his past for a reason) would ever be accorded the respect of a legitimate member of the Caldari executive class.

If that is the intention, I will be extremely disappointed. CCP seems to have a hard-on for the pirate factions, which rankles me to no end.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #104 on: 06 Mar 2013, 19:08 »

I remember at least one reference either in a chronicle or - more likely - an ingame text blurb during a mission which referenced them as the 'other' (unofficial) megacorp of Caldari society. I'll see if I can track that down, but it referenced it in the same context as you're using - that is, certainly not a legitimate entity but as a means for those who become persona non grata to find a purpose that still has some connection, no matter how tenuous, to the society that bred them.

You're exactly right in stating this makes them "useful as an outlet to the Caldari" who are in the position some of these executives must now be facing.

I'm curious - why would you be 'disappointed' if this speculative storyline is the one that turns out to be what CCP is pursuing? How else would you propose they resolve a storyline that at this point has highly placed Caldari executives across the State delivering a public and much publicised slap in the face to its Executor and the CPD? Tagging them as "criminals", "traitors" and spais seems to be (at the least) a propaganda victory for the Heth leadership.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12