Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front's "rampant griffin" corp logo was adopted after the pro-Federation corp The Durandal Organization created a logo using motifs similar to the ILF's original logo?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Caldari Arc  (Read 20257 times)

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
Re: Caldari Arc
« Reply #75 on: 02 Mar 2013, 19:46 »

Haven't they always been the most cautious publicly, though? So putting out a statement is nailing the colors to the mast.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #76 on: 02 Mar 2013, 20:28 »

Well then, I now have grounds to be more vocally anti-Heth given sufficient free time to do so.  "Never forget."

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #77 on: 02 Mar 2013, 20:39 »

I guess we all have our misconceptions about the other blocs. I thought Patriots were mostly behind him.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #78 on: 02 Mar 2013, 20:40 »

I think my question is...if the Patriots didn't support him, and the Liberals sure as hell didn't...why the hell would the Practicals go along with it and WHY DID ANYONE LET HIM DO ANYTHING IN THE FIRST PLACE!?

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #79 on: 02 Mar 2013, 20:43 »

Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #80 on: 02 Mar 2013, 21:36 »

Yes, but...what has he done that has been good for the Practicals? Or anyone, aside from maybe the Patriots liking that they now have Caldari Prime? :P

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #81 on: 02 Mar 2013, 23:24 »

Yes, but...what has he done that has been good for the Practicals? Or anyone, aside from maybe the Patriots liking that they now have Caldari Prime? :P

Which is the bigger issue; is CCP saying that the reforms did not occur at all?  It would be a very different story if the challenge was: we may not like the loss of corporate sovereignty, but you have to admit that KK is now filled with the best and brightest executives and managers and had the highest standard of living among the Caldari corps.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #82 on: 03 Mar 2013, 00:08 »

I think it is entirely reasonable to expect a dictator (or powerful figurehead) to rise on the promise of reform and then turn around and consolidate military power instead of tending to more important domestic matters they promised to. That seems to be a pretty regular theme in real-world political history.

And from the very beginning, including TEA, it has been emphasized that Heth is a politically naive man with a very narrow set of agendas.

This is somewhat of an accelerated timeline so far, but not altogether an unlikely chain of events.
« Last Edit: 03 Mar 2013, 00:10 by Kyoko Sakoda »

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #83 on: 03 Mar 2013, 00:13 »

The bigger problem is that CCP basically broke the entire way the Caldari were supposed to work to get him there and now the dissolution is not particularly making much sense either. I never was very sure why everyone was following Heth in the first place.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #84 on: 03 Mar 2013, 00:15 »

You cannot act on the past but you can act on the future.

Very Gandhi, but I guess what I'm saying is give them a chance. :)

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #85 on: 03 Mar 2013, 06:40 »

The Practicals push a type of neo-mercantilisim and the taking of Placid fits in with this agenda.

Svetlana Scarlet

• Omelette
« Reply #86 on: 03 Mar 2013, 11:00 »

The Practicals push a type of neo-mercantilisim and the taking of Placid fits in with this agenda.

Well, it clearly didn't work out so great with that now....

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #87 on: 03 Mar 2013, 12:14 »

Neo-mercantilism never does.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #88 on: 03 Mar 2013, 21:36 »

Well, it clearly didn't work out so great with that now....

SuVee was in Essence anyhow and NoH & CBD have business presence in the Federation anyhow.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #89 on: 04 Mar 2013, 00:33 »

Really no new discussion points on IGS despite the story moving forward... oh well.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12