Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Eleutherian Guard, a capsuleer organisation, is a semi-independent paramilitary unit that answers to the Federal Security Council?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Combat! What has been some of your best and worst pvp experiences? Let's hear it  (Read 7994 times)

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq

Best recent engagement that comes to mind.

It's not nearly as one-sided as it looks. There was a sentinel running around the field as well, and the only reason it didn't bugger us all was quick thinking from our Maulus pilot. We'd been playing chicken on the minor for about 10 minutes, and local was awful busy. IIRC we all bounced down there to get a Hookbill (which ran away) and a Jaguar landed just as we were about to move out. About halfway through the Jag, a Wolf popped up, and I dropped into Hull before the thing went down.

Range damps *really* saved the day when the Sentinel landed (Around the same time as the Wolf) As the damage going out onto us was really rather heavy, and the setups we were running were extremely cap-reliant. It hung around the edge of the fight, trying to get close enough to put drones out, but decided not to risk it when the Wolf hit deep armor and pulled back.

Fairly small-scale stuff, but it's the first thing that's gotten my BPM up in weeks. Figured I'd share.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain

And it makes me jealous, because I haven't yet found an obvious way to fit a decent-sized ASB onto one of my beloved Harbingers (ok, I have not looked into this very deeply yet, either).

[Harbinger, ASB]
F85 Peripheral Damage System I
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I

Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 150
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

Focused Medium Pulse Laser II, Conflagration M
[empty high slot]

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Algid Energy Administrations Unit I

Warrior II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Druur Monakh

• Wetgraver
    • Hazardous Goods

And it makes me jealous, because I haven't yet found an obvious way to fit a decent-sized ASB onto one of my beloved Harbingers (ok, I have not looked into this very deeply yet, either).

[Harbinger, ASB]

Thanks! I was afraid that I would have to drop down to Focused Mediums (I kind of like the range of the Heavies).

Lyn Farel

[Harbinger, ASB]

Thanks! I was afraid that I would have to drop down to Focused Mediums (I kind of like the range of the Heavies).

If you still want to use heavies, and if I recall correctly, you can drop one med for 6 heavies instead of 7 meds, on a harbinger it is the same in terms of DPS with 2-3 heatsinks. You will not lose any DPS in the end.

You will lose tracking for more range.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press

Last night, we had an incredible cruiser roam.

After killing a panicking PvP Tengu that should have been able to escape us just by hitting and overheating its 100mn AB and coasting out of our webs, or even just docking up we decided to go out on on a T2 frigate/T1 cruiser roam.

We headed up to the end of our patrol path and back without really finding any targets when we were back in Ostingele.  Drake found a lone Myrmidon at the belt, and got a tackle.  It was obvious bait but we were still flying high off the nearly 800 million ISK tengu kill and figured we were ahead of the game even if we all died horribly, so we jumped in.

The rest us landed and killed the Myrmidion, just in time for a hurricane, tengu, and incursus to jump on top of us.

There was a fire fight!  From here it gets confusing because it turned into a free for all so a lot of people show up on the battle report on both sides.

The incursus got blapped so fast we assumed it had warped off and only realized later that drones and the SFI had killed it.  The hurricane went down shortly after the Myrmidion, and I landed a tackle on the Tengu with my short point and my web.  He was MWD fit, so he slowed down to a crawl, and then he webbed and tackled me, so I set up going as fast as I could with my AB overheated to mitigate his damage.  By this point, the rest of the gang had gotten blown up or had managed to warp out, but I was stuck.

I tried to disengage, figuring that since the Tengu was moving 24m/s I would be able to get away with my 200 m/s with AB on.  Sadly, this did not turn out to be the case and we had a Suddenly Spaceships Stabber Fleet Issue/Tornado pair land in the belt while it was just me and the not-moving Dual ASB fit tengu.

Being smart folks, generally, the Tornado and SFI locked me up, but started firing on the tengu.

By this point, TSF had managed to reship and regroup, and got back into the belt just in time to get on the Tengu killmail.  We landed points on the SFI and blew it up, but not before my Vengeance exploded.  The Tornado warped out at that point.

All told, we lost 200 million ISK worth of ships, but blew up 1.2 billion ISK worth of ships, in a super exciting running  battle.

I also learned that a vengeance can tank like a boss when it has to.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2012, 08:35 by Tiberious Thessalonia »
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

The Vengeance is indeed a most holy weapon.  My favorite AF by far.

Nice story :)

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums

The Vengeance is indeed a most holy weapon.  My favorite AF by far.

Nice story :)

The vengeance is definetly the most awesomest assault frig in the game ever! It combines speed and agility and awesomeness and radicalness!
Considering that it can take down cruisers, dessis, frigs and other t2 frigs it's definetly a fun ship - and comparably cheap too! You get to swap ammo for whatever suits you best and, last but not least, you can have a pretty decent active tank so you can both pvp and pve in it  at the same time!!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

Yeah, Vengence is a pretty sweet AF. About as versatile as the Ishkur, just that the Ishkur can't get quite that absurd tank, and it's weapon of choice can be shot down.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

An Excellent Engagement Last Night!

We had gotten word a POS was under attack about 20 jumps from our area, with several dreadnaughts and carriers on scene and engaging a POS, limited scouts, and negligible bat-phone ability (bat phone for those who aren't familiar is the practice of dialing the cold-war style red phone hotline for a large alliance to come drop ships to save your bacon in serious engagements).

We quickly assembled in staging areas, and got our cyno chain en-route, and poised for attack.

We dropped in the middle of their fleet, mostly capitals with a number of subcaps. 

We made a tactical decision to not deploy a dread-fleet due to the high commitment level and number of unknowns - you can attack with a lot of carriers and still escape much easier into friendly tower shields, etc. If you drop 20 dreadnaughts and siege them, you aren't going anywhere for a while, and you never know what's lurking around the corner to blap you while you are under siege and stuck...

THERE WAS A FIREFIIIIGHT

Due to our lack of dreads they had -just- enough remote repping to keep things alive. It was grueling, about a thirty minute slugfest. We at one point got one of their dreads down to 6% structure before he was repped past our damage output. 

They had a large number of smartbombing battleships and neuts on field.  They could land the smartbomb battleships on top of our targets, and let them rip, shredding fighters quickly.  Pull the fighters away from smartbombs and the DPS dropped for them to manageable levels.  Very back and forth. 

We eventually reconfigured on field and got our neuts to work on their capital remote repairers.  After about 10-15 minutes of neuting things finally turned for us and they all broke in short order.

Was not my fleet that night I might have done things a bit differently but we stuck with the plan.

We killed 3 Archons, a Revelation, and 5 battleships, I believe we lost two subcaps.  Very nice engagement!

BUT

Enemies scattered, billions in loot on field, and we were beginning mop-up.  The fight had literally been over for about 45 seconds.

Our cap fleet had been moving back inside a friendly tower shield, we had about 4 carriers still outside shield, subcaps were looting.

A lone Pandemic Legion Pilot had entered local and warped on field.

CHECK CHECK CYNO UP

11 Pandemic Legion Supercarriers and assorted capital ship death-squad materialized on grid, right on top of us.

BURN FOR TOWER SHEILD! BURN FOR TOWER SHIELD!

Our remaining lumbering capital ships slow-boated into the tower shield literally seconds before the death-squad descended on them.

One of our carriers was not fast enough, and we could only watch helplessly as it was ripped apart in short order.

PL were rightly annoyed at having arrived on field just a minute too late to mutilate us, and we counted ourselves lucky for a successful operation.

Great evening!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

I rarely speak in local during such things but I was forced to post this as we barely escaped their clutches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rnw0D2AdYU

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]