Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Solteur-class titans are not the same as the Erebus-class titans piloted by Capsuleers?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: eve Crossovers  (Read 4561 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: eve Crossovers
« Reply #30 on: 30 May 2013, 21:02 »

And we get to laugh at the horribly archaic laser/blaster tech the SW universe uses. Seriously, I would honestly argue that in, say, the Sith Empire vs Galactic Republic war the first faction to widely utilize Hybrid/Projectile tech would whoop the other in no time flat.

As a lore-tech enthusiast for Star Wars... seriously, wat:bash:

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: 30 May 2013, 22:27 »

Bloodbird, Star Wars' tech is intentionally "magical." It's not really comparable to Eve's. A few examples:

* It's been made plain in a place or two that blaster tech is not actually laser based; it's a sort of magical plasma-based weapon that, and this is weirdly important, is so inherently destructive that no medical application for the technology exists despite there being an entire species that is nigh-on obsessed with trying to find just such an application.

* Despite there being all kinds of research and engineering firms all over the Star Wars universe, the technology is so settled that ship designs change only incrementally over thousands of years. This despite the ready availability of mostly docile AI.

* Lightsabers. Just, y'know, in general.

It's a sword and sorcery setting with a coat of techno-paint. Does that make it higher tech? Lower? ... Um. Just kind of hard to compare, methinks.

I can only think that a crossover would result in the whole Blood Raider Covenant (and maybe a large percentage of capsuleers) flocking to sign up as minions of the Sith.

"You have dark powers? ACTUAL dark magical powers? OMG PLZ teach meeeeeee!"

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #32 on: 30 May 2013, 22:33 »

Battlestar/EVE. I want to see the sentient Rogue Drones enter into philosophical debate with the Cylons. And then purge humanity from the cluster together.

Druur Monakh

• Wetgraver
    • Hazardous Goods
« Reply #33 on: 30 May 2013, 23:10 »

Argh, now I have flashbacks to various crossovers in alt.startrek.creative of yore.

*twitches*

Three-way fights between the Enterprise, a Star Destroyer, and the Battlestar Galactica. Maybe Space:1999 and the Borg thrown in for good measure as well.

*twitches*

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #34 on: 31 May 2013, 03:04 »

EVE/Transmetropolitan

Slightly tweaked to make Spider and the Filthy Assistants Federation medias. I think they would fit right in (and likely eat the Gutter Press for breakfast, sorry  :D).

I leave you to contemplate one of Spider's epic anti-clerical rants as applied to the kookier EVE religions. Also, I'm assuming the EVE Spider has properly earned Matari tatoos.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #35 on: 31 May 2013, 05:46 »

+1 for Ulf. Given Spider's reality jumping history it really is not that hard of a stretch if you were a damn good writer.
Also Creep.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Anslol

« Reply #36 on: 31 May 2013, 07:50 »

Eve/WH40k

Our asses, they'd be whooped.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #37 on: 31 May 2013, 08:05 »

Eve/WH40k

Our asses, they'd be whooped.

You mean theirs. Again, EVE tech trumphs anything the Imperium or anyone else could possibly throw at us.

Just for the lolz, I could argue quite well for this viewpoint if desired, but I'm sure it would be a silly waste of my time, arguing for the crossing of two make-believe universes fighting xD

Anslol

« Reply #38 on: 31 May 2013, 09:36 »

We move faster sure...but it'd just take them more time. All those marines...all that fire...PURGE THE HERETICS. PURGE EVERYTHING. FOR THE EMPEROR.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #39 on: 31 May 2013, 09:41 »

Blade Runner/EVE. Set in either Gallente or Caldari space.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #40 on: 31 May 2013, 09:55 »

We move faster sure...but it'd just take them more time. All those marines...all that fire...PURGE THE HERETICS. PURGE EVERYTHING. FOR THE EMPEROR.

Space Marine fan-boy detected, not bothering.

J/K  :cube:

(But seriously, getting involved here would be both time-wasting and derailing, I'll avoid both for my own mental health's sake.)

Anslol

« Reply #41 on: 31 May 2013, 10:03 »

Space Marine fan-boy detected, not bothering.

J/K  :cube:

(But seriously, getting involved here would be both time-wasting and derailing, I'll avoid both for my own mental health's sake.)

Same. Just like to prod you :3

Lyn Farel

« Reply #42 on: 31 May 2013, 11:56 »

EVE/Star Wars.

Galactic Empire has their Super Star Destroyers...

...capsuleers love to gank large, expensive shit.

And farming.

And we get to laugh at the horribly archaic laser/blaster tech the SW universe uses. Seriously, I would honestly argue that in, say, the Sith Empire vs Galactic Republic war the first faction to widely utilize Hybrid/Projectile tech would whoop the other in no time flat.

Also because SW is the reason so many ignorant people I've heard is absolutely sure we can't have space-able combat ships in at least 100 years because we don't have proper 'lazor' tech yet. I face-palm every time, but THAT particular topic is for another tread.

Anyhow, I'll be reading this later on, no time now, and I'd love to see a good EVE/SW crossover. Would be hilarious really.

I should find a real source on this but all clues on what I have read so far is that slug throwers (projectile weapons, either rail or standard) are completely outdated and primitive weapons. What do you think the stormtroopers and other forces use their armor ? For cosmetics ? It may have been that way in the movies (ewoks with arrows trololo) but otherwise they are mostly impermeable to weapons other than blasters. I have also the impression that shields are nearly impossible to penetrate with weaponry other than "laser" (blaster). vOv

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #43 on: 31 May 2013, 20:46 »

Star wars ships operate on such ridiculous energy magnitudes that it makes our ships look like ancient triremes versus modern battleships. A single turbolaser can put out more energy than an entire Megathron's main reactor (15,500 MW). In fact, turbolaser energy has been rated in terawatts (TW), far removed from EVE powergrid's megawatts.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/tlc/Power/

Quote from: StarDestroyer.net
Of course, with the energy required to vaporise the asteroid (~250 terajoules), a turbolaser bolt must have on the order of 3750 terawatts of firepower. The energy released would be approximately 4 times more than that of the Hiroshima bomb.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #44 on: 01 Jun 2013, 00:54 »

Star wars ships operate on such ridiculous energy magnitudes that it makes our ships look like ancient triremes versus modern battleships. A single turbolaser can put out more energy than an entire Megathron's main reactor (15,500 MW). In fact, turbolaser energy has been rated in terawatts (TW), far removed from EVE powergrid's megawatts.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/tlc/Power/

Quote from: StarDestroyer.net
Of course, with the energy required to vaporise the asteroid (~250 terajoules), a turbolaser bolt must have on the order of 3750 terawatts of firepower. The energy released would be approximately 4 times more than that of the Hiroshima bomb.

Do you *really* want to have a topic on this?

Make a new tread then. I'll be around when given enough time and I'll respond.

Pages: 1 2 [3]