Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: eve Crossovers  (Read 4562 times)

kul Shaishi

• Clonejack
If Eve has one lesson in it's narrative, it's that if you find any weird ancient space cybercrap, you should stick that shit straight into your brain ASAP, no questions.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
Re: eve Crossovers
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2013, 17:42 »

Are you looking for anything specifically? Feedback?

Maybe some editing?
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Anslol

« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2013, 18:47 »

I think kul was just ringing this story to our attention and holy CRAP is it fun. +1.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2013, 20:37 »

Kul is a woman (man? person?) of few words. I was sad to see her single-word but bizzarely topical and interesting post on the Achura thread got deleted!

She trims all her posts down to the bare essentials of what needs to be said. Did she write the story? Is she poking fun at it? Is she merely bringing it to our attention?

None of these questions, in truth, matter.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2013, 21:20 »

She trims all her posts down to
bare essentials
Did she write the story?
Is she poking fun at it?
Is she merely bringing it to our
attention?

None of these questions,
in truth,
matter.
And now your post is poetry.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2013, 10:55 »

Minor nitpicks - All EVE ships larger than a frigate require crew. No exceptions.

Though, in my personal opinion, I would be happy with assuming that tech 3 cruisers are so perfectly built for capsuleers that they don't need one at all. So, could swing either way.

We do use ammo. We do use fuel. There is no game mechanic for it, but we do use fuel.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2013, 10:59 by Katrina Oniseki »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2013, 10:58 »

My most major nitpick is with 'Eve's' ground combat ability. While I'm sure there could be capsuleers with a history and/or some ability in ground combat, she seems t spend more time in a combat suit than her ship ._.

Also, when she claimed to be ~230 and having died over 470 times, I audibly snerked.

But on the whole, it's actually very good :P

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2013, 11:04 »

Also, when she claimed to be ~230 and having died over 470 times, I audibly snerked.

I would be interested in seeing an ingame statistic for how many times a player has been podded. I would not be surprised to learn many older players have a higher statistic of being podded than 470.

As for being 230, ehh. Plausible.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2013, 11:20 by Katrina Oniseki »

Shiori

« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2013, 11:07 »

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2013, 11:55 »

lern2spamwarp, MaryEve
Hey, she's been derping around in a pod for ~200 years. Give her a break. If anything, she sounds pretty risk-averse.
Girl needs to go out and tackle some titans in lowsec.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2013, 11:58 by Creep »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #10 on: 22 May 2013, 13:33 »

I would be interested in seeing an ingame statistic for how many times a player has been podded. I would not be surprised to learn many older players have a higher statistic of being podded than 470.

Wasn't the number of deaths I minded so much as the age. I'm reasonably sure the Gallente haven't had capsule technology for that long (although my knowledge of eve's time line is somewhat out of use and hazy), and if they had that would make her among the first Gallente capsuleers ever.

Alternatively, it's set a hundred years in the future from now  :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 22 May 2013, 13:39 »

Alternatively, it's set a hundred years in the future from now  :D
Is my guess. But that begs the question of why she's not piloting some sort of tech 80 ship with all the flashy lights and dials that go 'ding' that comes with advanced technology.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #12 on: 22 May 2013, 17:37 »

'Facepalm' quickly became 'hundred-hand-slap'.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 22 May 2013, 17:53 »

I dunno. I think it was a great effort. I enjoyed reading it.

I've seen a lot worse. It's clear the writer either isn't completely caught up on the nuances of EVE lore, or is taking artistic liberties... but that's not really a good reason to bash the effort. It's not like we had to pay money to read it.

Anslol

« Reply #14 on: 23 May 2013, 07:11 »

I dunno. I think it was a great effort. I enjoyed reading it.

I've seen a lot worse. It's clear the writer either isn't completely caught up on the nuances of EVE lore, or is taking artistic liberties... but that's not really a good reason to bash the effort. It's not like we had to pay money to read it.

^This. It was done for free and fun. Yeah it has a lot of lore/PF errors, but honestly, who cares? Switch off the bitter for a moment and you'll find it's a pretty fun story. Crossovers aren't always accurate. They aren't PF paragons, just fun forays into the 'what-ifs' spawned from the imagination of the author.
Pages: [1] 2 3