Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Rimpon, an ovoid, golden coloured fruit with a tart taste, was invented by player Matariki Rain, and has since made an appearance in a number of player-created fictions?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: New Caldari Somnaishii [Resource]  (Read 4468 times)

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
Re: New Caldari Somnaishii [Resource]
« Reply #45 on: 02 May 2013, 13:43 »

Then again this haani faggotry when addressing females is new too. *shakes his old man cane*

"Back when I was young Phobos was metallic pink and the Ishkur had tesla coil tusks!"

I've always chalked that up to insidious Gallentean influence, them and their hooliganism and gendered nouns and such.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: 02 May 2013, 14:21 »

Then again this haani faggotry when addressing females is new too. *shakes his old man cane*

"Back when I was young Phobos was metallic pink and the Ishkur had tesla coil tusks!"

I've always chalked that up to insidious Gallentean influence, them and their hooliganism and gendered nouns and such.

Could be, but it predates my arrival on the scene. "Haani" is the title for a female citizen in the list of Napaani (or whatever) words Kyoko Sakoda sent to me in 2007.

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
« Reply #47 on: 03 May 2013, 04:11 »

I was having words with Stitcher about this months ago (haani as female vs haani as plural haan) and he made the very simple but sensible point that whilst Napaani is a manufactured, standardized language, even standardized languages are subject to regional drift when it comes to slang, usage, etc.

It does cause some confusion when two speakers are using Napaani suffixes in different ways, but I don't think it's at all unrealistic.

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
« Reply #48 on: 21 May 2013, 09:05 »

I just got done drafting a project I've been wanting to fulfill for a while (3563 words, 17271 characters not including spaces). I only found the time to get start it this morning so I just marathoned it.  :bear:

I'm going to fix it up since it's just a first draft, but after that I'm up to expand on this. I could do specific Somnaishii stuff on request, or try to fill any other requests for things people would be interested in seeing fiction for.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]