Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lutin lights are sometimes seen by ships approaching the Iyen-Oursta stargate. Many Minmatar slaves believe that seeing the lights means their firstborn son will be blessed with freedom. Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The 600-series Crossover Fiction Comedy Contest!  (Read 4552 times)

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
Re: The 600-series Crossover Fiction Comedy Contest!
« Reply #30 on: 10 Mar 2013, 21:59 »

DUST versus Dragons... and I already havy my idea for it! :D

Ah.. Competition :3

Dusties and Dragons for me as well. We should get together and write a series!

miyamun

• Clonejack
  • Saleha Khashour
« Reply #31 on: 10 Mar 2013, 23:04 »

yay!

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #32 on: 11 Mar 2013, 09:17 »

DUST versus Dragons... and I already havy my idea for it! :D

Ah.. Competition :3

Dusties and Dragons for me as well. We should get together and write a series!

I'm afraid mine is already posted on the previous page, Tabor, but it'd be great if you continue off it, or do a spin off, or whatever. The reference in it is pretty easy to catch, and leaves you a lot of open ground to work as you like. :)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #33 on: 31 Mar 2013, 16:15 »

LAST MOMENT ENTRY GO!

(Start the wordcount after this line)
-----------------------------------------------------

From his starship, phased-cloaked in low-orbit over Earth, the last true Admiral of the Federation Starfleet stared in awestruck horror.

Around him, space burned.

The invaders had swept past the outer defenses, making inter-system jumps from each planet to the next as soon as defenses had been crushed. Their utter lack of any apparent care for planetary installations had been confusing at first, before their motives had been understood. Especially confused had been the Earth Federation scientists, who upon examination of the first captured probes and vessels had believed them to be some new strain of Borg, reaching out for vengeance from beyond the Delta Quadrant.

Now more was known – the modular nature of their ships’ equipment, allowing them to radically reconfigure for new tactics while using the same hulls; their complete ignorance of advanced AIs having been traced to some past encounter with a strange, Borg-like foe. Other things remained confusing or not understood at all. What still mystified even the most enlightened of Federation scientists, however, were the paradoxes of their intelligence – or lack thereof.

Recordings from vessels escaped from the early skirmishes showed dozens of hostiles firing in unison at Federation cruisers, the combined fire instantly gutting even the stalwart Galaxys and advanced Sovereigns. There was also no doubt about their competence outside of battle: Reports from cloaked Romulan Warbirds had testified to how quickly a network of pre-prepared starbases had sprung up in captured territory, fed by a seemingly endless supply of enormous freighters carrying goods from whatever dark corner of the universe these  people had come.

At the same time, however, they also seemed inexperienced verging on childish. Fleet vessels regularly collided with each other without care, relying on the beneficence of force fields to keep them from collapsing under the pressures of inertia and mass. No demand of surrender had ever been sent, with early Federation offers of cooperation and peace replied to with an overwhelming tide of crude messages and demeaning suggestions; hostile vessels regularly eschewed any tactically-beneficial formation to instead form clusters vaguely mimicking genitelia before turning into battle.

And so the Admiral watched, with a mix of awe and disgust, as his defenses were wiped aside: The lines of cruisers vanishing in bright flashes of warheads and the stabbing lances of laser fire, the small Klingon reinforcement wing – all that remained of their goodwill force, shattered from months of continuous combat – diving again and again towards the hostile battlegroups before darting away under their own micro-warps. Nearer to his own position, a cluster of the enemy’s largest vessels – gargantuan behemoths kilometers long, larger than any Federation dreadnought ever constructed – had gleefully skipped beyond his committed defense fleet and was now systematically gutting one orbital defense station and starbase after another. How could something so violent, so disorganized, he wondered silently, build something so huge, and in such number? They were not like the Borg, he knew – the borg had a kind of grand elegance to their disorganization. Whatever these conquerors were, they flipped between diligence and complete disorder so suddenly they were as likely to turn their weapons on each other as conquer a system.

Looking back out, he saw the familiar shimmering spheres of the enemy’s antiwarp fields springing up. The Klingons were trapped now, he saw – as were his own forces. It would all be over soon. Opening a communications line one final time, he screamed out a frantic question into the void: “WHAT DO YOU WANT?!”

The void remained silent for a moment, before it came back, inexplicable and mocking:
“gfgfgfgfgfgfm8m8m8m8m8m8o7o7o7o7o7o7”
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2013, 18:42 by Esna Pitoojee »
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #34 on: 01 Apr 2013, 15:13 »

Loved it, Esna.

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #35 on: 01 Apr 2013, 15:23 »

Opening a communications line one final time, he screamed out a frantic question into the void: “WHAT DO YOU WANT?!”
lol u mad br0

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #36 on: 02 Apr 2013, 18:41 »

Hurf blurf, spaces between the lines disappeared when I copy/pasted it. :fix:

Anyhow, thank you, Kat and Iwan. I was trying explore the horror that you'd feel when - as a relatively peaceful, relatively nonmilitary society - you were suddenly assaulted by a previously undiscovered, completely hostile force with a seemingly endless supply of combat vessels, whose only apparent goal was to burn anything and everything in space.

They don't negotiate. They don't have any known culture or history to be exploited. They don't even move in a predictable pattern of objectives. They just try to blow things - anything - up.
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2013, 19:03 by Esna Pitoojee »
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #37 on: 04 Apr 2013, 14:43 »

<- Utterly failed to remember this contest.

Not that it matters because Esna's contribution was total win anyhow. Good Job  :cube:

Stitcher

• Beats up helpless walls.
  • Egger
    • Stitcher's twitter
« Reply #38 on: 05 Apr 2013, 16:32 »

Okay so the vote has been tallied. (all one of it) and without further ado it gives me great pleasure to announce that the winner of the 600-Series Crossover Fiction Comedy Contest is...

*fanfare, fireworks and drumroll*

...Vieve!

Capsuleers dealing with xenomorphs in typical cynical EVE style by making it somebody else's problem. Excellent stuff, a fun little short story and thoroughly deserving of the first-place grand prize.

In second place, is Esna Pitoojee, with his last-minute contribution of a satisfyingly anarchic interaction between Star Trek and the realities of PvP

The third place prize goes to Miyamun. You sold me on the last line. I will however need you to send me an in-game mail in short order to confirm your readiness to receive your prize. I know who you are, I just need to be sure you're still active.

Well done to the winners, better luck next time to everyone else.!
« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2013, 16:36 by Stitcher »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #39 on: 05 Apr 2013, 18:40 »

Thank you very much, Stitcher, and congratulations Vieve and Miya!

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #40 on: 05 Apr 2013, 19:52 »

Congrats to all!

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #41 on: 08 Apr 2013, 02:57 »

I won?  Oh, crap!  Thank you!
Pages: 1 2 [3]