Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That KillJoy Tseng's first season racing rifter later sold for 75 million ISK?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Forthcoming Publication: Who is Who in Greater Amarria?  (Read 5243 times)

Victoria Valadeus

Re: Forthcoming Publication: Who is Who in Greater Amarria?
« Reply #15 on: 27 Jun 2011, 13:11 »

Yeah I'm thinking Victoria isn't really important enough to qualify for her own page.

Shalee Lianne

• Wetgraver
« Reply #16 on: 27 Jun 2011, 15:43 »

I'll do a bio though I'm pretty much like yourself, a 'youngblood' in the grand scheme of things and not one of the old 'war horses'.

But since you named Shalee in your original post, I'll write up something.

I think if you want to get everyone's attention of those you want in the book, you should in-game mail them.  I'm notoriously bad about reading forums until someone points me towards something.  The same might be said for a few others, they might not have even seen this.  I'll point Eran & a few others to this post too since you named him as well.

I think it's a really fun project and will be happy to be a part of it.

~ Shalee

Odelya

« Reply #17 on: 27 Jun 2011, 16:25 »

My question was also about the political orientation of the book. Is it meant to be a very orthodox book that you will release for the children in classrooms (I am exagerating on purpose), or a book more meant to be neutral and willing to gather all the amarrian loyalist capsuleers ? Because it would not make much sense if my character was mentionned in the first case, or at least as someone considered as a bad example or even an heretical example. In the second case however...

Thank you, Lyn, an interesting and important question! We can leave this open for discussion and see what others might want or say. At first I had the thought to make it appear like a document intended for internal use only. Like from the Ministry of Internal Order or maybe something like a guideline form from ΛCN that somehow leaked. This would explain the judgemental language and why both conservatives and liberals are mentioned. I still think it is a good idea. What do you think? It would provide us with the means to have some distance when writing about our characters. When reading Odelya’s entry it should become pretty obvious that she is a somewhat pretentious and certainly narcissistic person. Well, she wouldn’t put it that way. She also wouldn’t refer to her “Gallentean period” publicly. A guy from the ΛCN, however, would.

@Raze & Victoria. I disagree. I don’t know you yet, but as a capsuleer you are important enough to be mentioned. If you have a story to tell, tell it. Even if the message (e.g. from a ΛCN perspecitve) is: This guy is completely unimportant.

I'll do a bio though I'm pretty much like yourself, a 'youngblood' in the grand scheme of things and not one of the old 'war horses'.

But since you named Shalee in your original post, I'll write up something.

I think if you want to get everyone's attention of those you want in the book, you should in-game mail them.  I'm notoriously bad about reading forums until someone points me towards something.  The same might be said for a few others, they might not have even seen this.  I'll point Eran & a few others to this post too since you named him as well.

I think it's a really fun project and will be happy to be a part of it.

~ Shalee

Thanks, Shalee, I loved to read that. Spread the news! :) I will ask some more people directly and have already sent a message through a loyalist channel. (I didn’t get a reaction [yet?]). If you know someone that should be in, let him know what’s going on! Thank you!

Best,
Odelya

Lyn Farel

« Reply #18 on: 28 Jun 2011, 06:06 »

I think it is a good idea. Can also be quite funny for me to depict Lyn in a bad light, and insist on her wicked side.

Odelya

« Reply #19 on: 03 Jul 2011, 07:21 »

Alrigthy, people! I have received one mini biography so far—thanks Louella!

I will be on a retreat for a week and be more than happy to compile the document after my return. So send me your private messages that we may keep this project running! Please include titles, birthdays and styles of address!

Best,
Odelya
« Last Edit: 03 Jul 2011, 07:22 by Odelya »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #20 on: 03 Jul 2011, 22:06 »

Wow, very nice.

I'll see what I can do.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #21 on: 09 Jul 2011, 20:48 »

This is awesome. I love the look of the publication.

Kemekk

• Amarrian Ultranationalist
  • Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
« Reply #22 on: 13 Jul 2011, 00:53 »

This certainly looks interesting!

I don't think Raze qualifies as "important" though, so I'll just be reading from the side lines.

I'd argue that Raze is pretty popular, seeing as he comes up in Summit discussions when you're not online.

Kemekk on the other hand is a nobody :(

Lyn Farel

« Reply #23 on: 13 Jul 2011, 04:42 »

Maybe not to capsuleer eyes, but do not forget that capsuleers are celebrities in themselves in the lore. Where is that "Did you know... that the IGS is read by a lot of commoners and source of heated debates among them ?" already ?

Not that it means only capsuleers on the IGS are famous, my point is that they are more or less de facto.

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #24 on: 13 Jul 2011, 05:56 »

Sorry it's taking longer than I meant, you'll have a short bio on Raze by Friday.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 13 Jul 2011, 10:41 »

Should I put something together or is this limited to the more loyal Amarrians? Vicky's loyalty to the Empire is a little bent.

Odelya

« Reply #26 on: 19 Jul 2011, 06:38 »

Wow, very nice.

I'll see what I can do.
Oh yes, indeed please do so  ;)

Should I put something together or is this limited to the more loyal Amarrians? Vicky's loyalty to the Empire is a little bent.
By any means, you should appear here.

Here is what I’ve got so far (not entirely edited): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D82ARNO4

Just keep writing :)

See you soon!

Grr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #27 on: 20 Jul 2011, 06:31 »

Great idea though you may have to do some of the writing yourself as some of the biggest movers and shakers in the short history of Amarrian pod pilots are not ones to "promote" themselves.  Just look at Gangleri your old CEO for example or some of the people behind the scenes in CVA who did more for the Empire than most the people you see screaming on IGS these days.

You also may want to check out a few of the eon articles on people who are no longer around such as Hardin or Grr.

I look forward to seeing this develop :)

Odelya

« Reply #28 on: 20 Jul 2011, 08:49 »

Thank you for your support, Grr!

To be frank: I am not going to write panegyrics for people who don't care to answer EVE mails or show any reaction. Eulogies for people who are no longer in game are fine for me, and I would love to write about Gangleri. (Anyone seen Tobias Primus recently?) But you could write something about Grr yourself if you like the idea! I would love it. From an IC perspective Grr would have nothing to with it, she wouldn't be the author. So where's the problem? ;)

Right now, two people have submitted entries. Some more have shown interest. That's fine, let's see how it evolves. If in the end we have only five entries, it won't be a tragedy. Just a wasted oppurtunity.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #29 on: 20 Jul 2011, 09:36 »

(Anyone seen Tobias Primus recently?)

He declared war on Electus Matari a few months back, turned up for a few fights, never saw him again.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani
Pages: 1 [2] 3