Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DioCore is a Gallentean research firm that survived a hostile takeover by its own start-up investors, MindChill, in the early days of the company.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Forthcoming Publication: Who is Who in Greater Amarria?  (Read 5244 times)

Odelya

Hey there,

I’ve started playing around with my text editor and have decided to do a “Who’s Who in Greater Amarria?”. The idea is that everyone who relates himself to Greater Amarria and is (self-)important enough, should appear there and write 300 words about himself.

For a specimen look at Odelya’s bio on page 3 (attached). I believe it will be a nice way to present ourselves to a broader public and thus give new players an idea of what kind of people and directions of rp exist, and to help them to access the rich history of roleplay in EVE. So people like Rodj Blake, Merdaneth, Graelyn, Laerise, Sinjin Mokk, Invelious, Lyn Farel, Shalee Lianne, Eran Mintor, Gangleri, Grr and so many other should definitely appear there.

Every sheet features a portrait, the name of the pilot in Latin and “Amarrian” (plus a margin in “Khanid”), titles, corporation, birthday and place, race and corp logos. Underneath there is place for approx. 300 words of description, following no specific pattern. The finished product is planned to be published at the IGS and I will try to get attention of ISD.

The layout is still work in progress. Let me know what you think and start typing those 300 words  ;) Suggestions are much welcome! I hope you like it.

Best,
Odelya

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2011, 05:35 by Odelya »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Forthcoming Publication: Who is Who in Greater Amarria?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2011, 05:52 »

oo, looks interesting. best of luck with it :)
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2011, 06:35 »

Nice.

I have to admit I am having a hard time understanding why arabish text here and there though. Not that I dislike the language at the contrary, and I know some bits of Amarr society are persian, but it... annoys me, dunno why. Does not look very amarrish to me in that state.

Odelya

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jun 2011, 07:02 »

Hey,

Thanks Louella!

@Lyn: There is Arabic (Amarr) and Uyghur/Mongolian (Khanid) script in it because I found it boring to just have Latin script around. For me it aesthetically appealing and very Amarrish. Will be difficult to please everyone, but I would love to have your bio in :) 

Best,
Odelya

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2011, 08:35 »

Don't get me wrong, I find it aesthetical and I am not displeased by it. I just find it weird. Not sure why. ^^

Of course you can pick up parts of my bio if you want to. Not sure if it would be very logical to see Lyn in an amarrian book (or is it OOC ?). Or maybe like a kindof heretical example...

Odelya

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2011, 05:37 »

I see, nobody is interested. Good, I’ll just skip it. It’s your loss.

You know, it is really fun to be part of the Amarr bloc! You will find the most responsive and pleasant-natured people there in all of EVE.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2011, 05:58 »

:(

*hugs*
\o/

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jun 2011, 06:05 »

Working on my entry. Be patient.  ;)

Lyn Farel

Ab
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jun 2011, 12:27 »

:/

Well, as I said I find it very interesting and can participate but I am not sure if my character fits in this. Can you precise if this is an OOC or IC thing ? And if IC, what kind of IC book ?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jun 2011, 14:16 »

I admit, I didn't read this until recently, and am working on it right now.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 26 Jun 2011, 17:43 »

I see, nobody is interested. Good, I’ll just skip it. It’s your loss.

You know, it is really fun to be part of the Amarr bloc! You will find the most responsive and pleasant-natured people there in all of EVE.

Odelya - it's not that people aren't interested, it's that this was just a particularly poor weekend to start a new project with everyone focused on Monoclegate. Now that Zulu's calmed people down a bit, other things are coming to people's attention.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results; I know someone who might have something to add, but they don't play actively at the moment. I'll try and give them a prod and see if they're interested. :)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Victoria Valadeus

« Reply #11 on: 26 Jun 2011, 19:01 »

Should the articles be posted here or privately messaged, and are there any barriers to entry? Should the description be from first person perspective or third?

Odelya

« Reply #12 on: 27 Jun 2011, 04:30 »

Alrighty, perhaps my reaction was a bit premature. Let’s wait and see how many interested people show up and if we get a critical mass of “importance”.

Well, as I said I find it very interesting and can participate but I am not sure if my character fits in this. Can you precise if this is an OOC or IC thing ? And if IC, what kind of IC book ?

The “Who’s Who” is supposed to be IC, a private prosopographical publication for the interested public. While it is IC, it also serves OOC aims, that is to make the Amarrian roleplay and its players more accessible to beginners and the interested. So I would really love to see some of the old warhorses to submit their bios.

Don’t take this personal, dear warhorses,1 but whenever something new happens many of you seem to be the first to say “Nay!” or get offended (at least IC), because someone forget to mention you did this and that. Well, how can we know? I am playing EVE for two years now and I just wasn’t there when you saved the Empire. Here is a chance to change this.

Should the articles be posted here or privately messaged, and are there any barriers to entry? Should the description be from first person perspective or third?
Thank you! For the sake of clarity, I suggest you send them via pm. The description should be in third perspective. I don’t think an explicit barrier is necessary. IC every capsuleer is important.

Since this publication isn’t written get, there are many things we can do with it. We could add some flavours and directions to it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results; I know someone who might have something to add, but they don't play actively at the moment. I'll try and give them a prod and see if they're interested. :)
Thanks for your support!

1I am not meaning someone in this thread!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 27 Jun 2011, 11:05 »

Thanks for the answer.

My question was also about the political orientation of the book. Is it meant to be a very orthodox book that you will release for the children in classrooms (I am exagerating on purpose), or a book more meant to be neutral and willing to gather all the amarrian loyalist capsuleers ? Because it would not make much sense if my character was mentionned in the first case, or at least as someone considered as a bad example or even an heretical example. In the second case however...

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #14 on: 27 Jun 2011, 11:21 »

This certainly looks interesting!

I don't think Raze qualifies as "important" though, so I'll just be reading from the side lines.
Pages: [1] 2 3