Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mind Clash is a hugely popular sport throughout the cluster, and is centered on the willpower of two opponents? Read more here!

Author Topic: Howdy folks!  (Read 767 times)

Xephel

• Clonejack
  • "Angel Tears"
Howdy folks!
« on: 08 Aug 2011, 16:59 »

Howdy folks, just a quick introduction from myself.

I used to play EVE around a year ago, took a break to concentrate on my studies until afew weeks ago. Now I'm back with a renewed drive and seek to take part in things I missed last time.. which is part of the reason why I'm here now. I'm a self-confessed lurker; I tend to just sit in the background of chats and read the comments, I rarely ever contribute. During the several months I was playing last year I think I only ever said "hey" in OOC once, and that was about it. I'm hoping that this introduction will encourage me to be more active within the community.

A little more about myself; I'm a 21 year old Uni student from Scotland. I study Computer Games Application Development and hoping to return for my 4th and final year after summer break. I've been rping for around 5 years now. During which time I've rp'd over a variety of different games and platforms. For a large chunk of that time I rp'd on WoW (Scarshield Legion - H), and currently in the middle of a Dark Heresy campaign which has lasted close to 2 years so far. Due to my prolonged exposure to the world of rp, its pretty safe to say that I'm now lost to the world of sanity!

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so whatever characters I have I've remade at least 3 times. To my last count Xephel has been remade like 5 times, normally after afew days of training and implants I notice the shape of her face was slightly off or some petty reason like that, once because I couldn't quite get the "feel" for her even though looks wise there wasn't anything I could put my finger on. Now I finally have something I can settle with! *phew*

Now that I've got the continuous remaking stage out the way I'm looking forward to setting Xephel loose on the world, and see what manner of trouble she'll be getting herself into. I have a rough idea set out for her (yaahr!), but I find that my characters always seem to do whatever they want to, which rarely coincides with what I want. We'll just have to wait and see I guess..*grumble*

Anywho! So much for keeping this quick.. ah well. Uh.. if anyone has any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them :)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: Howdy folks!
« Reply #1 on: 08 Aug 2011, 17:08 »

Heh, characters rarely go where they're planned. I just stopped bothering to plan a while back.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #2 on: 08 Aug 2011, 18:39 »

Welcome to you!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

DA5UN

• Wetgraver
  • Even drones can fly away
« Reply #3 on: 08 Aug 2011, 19:33 »

Welcome! :D
You and I share the same lurking habits, apparently.

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #4 on: 09 Aug 2011, 01:27 »

... You and I share the same lurking habits, apparently.

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #5 on: 09 Aug 2011, 08:59 »

Greetos! Welcome back! :)

By the way, plans are only good for three things:

1.) Inspiring confidence
2.) Failing miserably
3.) Promoting the need to improvise