Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 'Crystal Boulevard' of Caille is both a high end shopping center and a vast shield of manufactured diamond for bunkers underneath?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The coolest thing you ever said or did ?  (Read 2595 times)

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
The coolest thing you ever said or did ?
« on: 18 Jun 2013, 21:44 »

(YEP im making another thread like this!)

whats going on backstage?

Foley Jones here to start another "question about your character" like thread

so what was the most,spine shivering , memorable, coldest or simply the coolest thing you ever said or did IC

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
Re: The coolest thing you ever said or did ?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2013, 21:55 »

In the century since formal peace and diplomatic relations were established between the governing bodies of the Amarr Empire, the Caldari State, the Gallente Federation and the Minmatar Republic, the extraplanetary communities within the borders of their territories have seen a lot of change, and a lot of development.

Open borders and virtually free trade between the territories of these four empires did not only open the way for the exchange of goods and services, but also the exchange of ideas, of values, and of culture. During this span of one hundred years, extraplanetary citizens of all these nations have gradually influenced and been influenced by each other. They have met people who were born under foreign suns. They have tasted food from strange and faraway places. They have heard the song of voices a hundred light years away. And little by little, as they have come to know these things, they have made them their own.

Through these years, and through a continuous bond formed by mutual commerce, common legislation, the firm but kind hand of CONCORD and the unique nature of the environment in which they live, "strange" has become "commonplace", "exotic" has become "indigenous", "foreigner" has become "neighbor" and "stranger" has become "colleague". Ideas, customs and traditions which are unique to the extraplanetary environment are beginning to appear. The grandchildren of colonial pioneers are outgrowing their parental planetary cultures. They are no longer Gallente, Caldari, Minmatar or Amarr.

They are Astropolites. We are Astropolites.

There are obstacles faced by our fledgling people, however. While we have grown closer to each other, our ancestral planetary cultures have done no such thing. The concept of a common Astropolitan culture is not one which is recognized or acknowledged by planetside communities and administrations. Astropolites are still seen as "colonists". Extraplanetary space is seen as a trade route or a place to harvest resources at best, or a military buffer zone at worst. It is never regarded as somebody's home.

Sadly, they are successful in making many of us believe this, too. Planetary administrations continue to claim sovereignty over an environment and a culture whose nature they can't or won't comprehend. Throughout our existence we have killed for them, died for them, grieved for their losses, let them claim our victories as their own, and proselytized on their behalf.

Now there are rumors of war in the horizon, a full-scale interstellar war which threatens to lay our home in ruins and tear down everything our people have built over the past century. If the dirtlings have their way, we will tear each other apart until all we ever had in common is lost, until we are nothing more than broken and crippled bands of refugees, or the executors of another empty victory.

Only one major institution stands in the way of this happening. CONCORD was formed to be a bridge between the empires; a neutral body of diplomacy, the executor of a common currency and economic model, and an interstellar police and peacekeeping force. It has succeeded in this, and more - with a massive administrative infrastructure, a solid economy and a fleet which rivals those of the empires themselves - if not in numbers, then in firepower.

It is highly professional. It is highly motivated. And it is one hundred percent Astropolitan, with roots in all the empires, but loyalties to none of them in particular. Ever since it was formed, CONCORD has been tugging at its anchor chains. It has developed an identity of its own, and it has developed a taste for autonomy.

When the empires created CONCORD, they got more than they bargained for. If war is to happen, somebody will have to try and put the watchdog back in its den, or even put it down for good. The question is: Will it let them? Or will it bite the hand which once fed it, and come into its own?

We believe the latter. And we will help to see it happen, however we can. Every external enemy of CONCORD we put down will mean an increase in the resources they can bring to bear in the inward struggle, when the right moment comes. From that moment, we will have something we have never seen before - a true space-based government in the center of the cluster. A government born of our own culture. A government whose home is space.

It is time we woke up and realized that we who live out here are one people, and that the dirtlings on the ground are the true foreigners. We will not be ruled from the ground anymore.

This is not a void. It is home.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2013, 03:48 »

"From your Curse, we made Heaven for ourselves."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2013, 06:00 »

The hell if I remember  :s

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2013, 07:11 »

I'd say the most memorable thing I've done, was get Silas to lose her composure. Can't say it was the coolest thing I've said, because Samira was deliberately avoiding saying much, which is why it worked!

[ 2013.02.15 04:27:03 ] Silas Vitalia > Samira Kernher I don't believe we've spoken before, a pleasure to meet you
[Samira doesn't respond]
 [ 2013.02.15 04:28:56 ] Silas Vitalia > Samira Kernher I said I was pleased to meet you, I think you are trying to ignore me?
 [ 2013.02.15 04:29:13 ] Samira Kernher > I am not sure what you expect me to say, miss Vitalia.
 [ 2013.02.15 04:39:24 ] Silas Vitalia > Samira Kernher, we should talk.
 [ 2013.02.15 04:39:34 ] Samira Kernher > Why?
 [ 2013.02.15 04:40:34 ] Silas Vitalia > Because Kernher I'd like to know all about your little group, and why you are a member!
 [ 2013.02.15 04:41:13 ] Samira Kernher > Then you can look at the public datafiles, miss Vitalia, because I would not give anything more than that.
 [ 2013.02.15 04:42:58 ] Silas Vitalia > Samira Kernher is your faith so weak as to not handle a pleasant conversation with me?
 [ 2013.02.15 04:43:09 ] Silas Vitalia > Surely you are made of sterner material
 [ 2013.02.15 04:43:48 ] Samira Kernher > I do not think it would be pleasant, miss Vitalia.
 [ 2013.02.15 04:51:14 ] Silas Vitalia > Sebiestor Kernher, I have some religious questions for you
 [ 2013.02.15 04:51:22 ] Silas Vitalia > since you are being so polite
 [ 2013.02.15 04:52:16 ] Samira Kernher > /emote sighs.
[Samira doesn't respond]
 [ 2013.02.15 05:03:00 ] Silas Vitalia > Actually I think I'm becoming a bit upset at you, Sebiestor Kernher. Not a nice way for you to act at all, no no.
[Samira doesn't respond]
 [ 2013.02.15 05:06:00 ] Silas Vitalia > Kerhner you just listen ok? Lovely.
 [ 2013.02.15 05:06:18 ] Silas Vitalia > As a member of PIE's auxilliary you are obviously someone of the Imperial Faith, or of course they wouldn't let you in.
 [ 2013.02.15 05:06:37 ] Silas Vitalia > ..This means you subscribe to the Imperial Faith, and much like excriment rolls downhiill, you accept your place at the very bottom of the Imperial food chain.
 [ 2013.02.15 05:06:47 ] Silas Vitalia > Converted Matari down at the bottom, below Ni-Kunni, below Khanid, all below True Amarr. This you believe.
 [ 2013.02.15 05:06:57 ] Samira Kernher > Yes, miss Vitalia.
 [ 2013.02.15 05:07:07 ] Silas Vitalia > And the best part, and I'm sure one that causes you some unhappy self loathing, is that even a fallen True Amarr is closer to the light of God than you will ever be,
 [ 2013.02.15 05:07:15 ] Silas Vitalia > You will show me respect.
 [ 2013.02.15 05:08:18 ] Samira Kernher > A heretic is not closer, miss Vitalia, because you have turned from God.
 [ 2013.02.15 05:08:47 ] Silas Vitalia > Oh but there's always redemption dear, God will embrace me most closely if I only turn my life around.
 [ 2013.02.15 05:08:56 ] Silas Vitalia > in fact closer than you.
 [ 2013.02.15 05:10:13 ] Samira Kernher > And if you found redemption, miss Vitalia, then I would accept it. But you do not seek it.
 [ 2013.02.15 05:11:10 ] Silas Vitalia > I didn't know Sebiestor converts were judging who needs and seeks redemption now?
 [ 2013.02.15 05:14:14 ] Samira Kernher > I was not judging, miss Vitalia.
 [ 2013.02.15 05:19:07 ] Silas Vitalia > /emote breathes deeply and regains composure
 [ 2013.02.15 05:22:03 ] Samira Kernher > Did you wish to say anything else, miss Vitalia?
 [ 2013.02.15 05:22:17 ] Silas Vitalia > Oh? Hm.
 [ 2013.02.15 05:22:36 ] Silas Vitalia > I can scarcely blame you for your conduct
 [ 2013.02.15 05:22:43 ] Silas Vitalia > think nothing of it
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 07:24 by Samira Kernher »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2013, 08:50 »

Yea I think there might have been more context there and others chiming in and a bit longer of a session but you aced the hell out of me IC and won those exchanges and made me look silly.   :P

I was literally sitting at my keyboard stumped for a good 5-10 minutes trying to figure out how to respond to this impudent Matari and failing horribly. 

+10 points for Samira, very nicely done.

I'd add you've been one of the only IC characters that's been able to visibly throw S off her conversational feet like that in a long time. It was a nice IC ego checkmate in and a good dose of embarrassment in front of lots of people :P

Edit:

One thing I really liked about Samira was that you the RPer I think figured out exactly the right buttons to push to really frustrate my character.  It's not combativeness or aggression or hostility, it's conversational baiting/ignoring and sucking her into a stupid conversation and keeping it going longer and longer as she continues making a fool of herself over something trivial.  Again very nice
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 08:58 by Silas Vitalia »

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2013, 09:06 »

I'm not so much sure about 'cool' as 'memorable' but when Halete and Aidysmaa were an item and they were going through a rough patch (technically broken up at this point I think), Aidy showed up at Halete's place during a blizzard.

Aidysmaa was crying and apologetic, so Halete took her in close and embraced her, trying to calm her down with little caresses and pets.

Then, Halete softly requested that Aidysmaa look her in the eyes, which she did. Halete gently cupped the sides of her face in both hands whilst stroking her cheeks with thumbs, smiling and reassuring her that it was okay.

... At which point she violently twisted and broke Aidysmaa's neck.

The player started freaking out in an OOC chat, then they realized that neither themself realized nor IC did Aidysmaa have any clue what was about to happen, everything was set up to lure her into a sense of security and given their proximity (with Halete's hands already on her head since a couple of posts prior) they realized that they'd just been gamed.

:3

Anslol

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jun 2013, 09:18 »

Some much for just wanting a friend god DAYUM gurl.  :eek:

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jun 2013, 09:19 »

I'm not so much sure about 'cool' as 'memorable' but when Halete and Aidysmaa were an item and they were going through a rough patch (technically broken up at this point I think), Aidy showed up at Halete's place during a blizzard.

Aidysmaa was crying and apologetic, so Halete took her in close and embraced her, trying to calm her down with little caresses and pets.

Then, Halete softly requested that Aidysmaa look her in the eyes, which she did. Halete gently cupped the sides of her face in both hands whilst stroking her cheeks with thumbs, smiling and reassuring her that it was okay.

... At which point she violently twisted and broke Aidysmaa's neck.

The player started freaking out in an OOC chat, then they realized that neither themself realized nor IC did Aidysmaa have any clue what was about to happen, everything was set up to lure her into a sense of security and given their proximity (with Halete's hands already on her head since a couple of posts prior) they realized that they'd just been gamed.

:3
And they call me me a sociopath. :eek:

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
« Reply #9 on: 20 Jun 2013, 09:23 »

Halete
(Noun)
- A sweet and innocent kitten.
- Wishes she had any friends.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #10 on: 20 Jun 2013, 09:23 »

On one hand, I want to comfort Halete (not entirely sure why)...but another part of me is currently screaming to flee  :eek:  (but  :cube:  then flee?)
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Anslol

« Reply #11 on: 20 Jun 2013, 09:27 »

ICly, best thing do, help from a distance..with a wall between you and Halete...and perhaps some turrets.

(i keed  :cube: ...mostly)

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #12 on: 20 Jun 2013, 09:27 »

As for coolest things I have said or done...I think it is still a bit too early for Steff.  That said, I don't always think about it and will usually let someone else tell me if what I did was cool or whatnot.

All I know is that if I'm trying to do something cool (either witty conversation or clever action), I tend to fail hard.  The moment I don't think about it, turn down the filters and inhibitions, it comes more naturally.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 20 Jun 2013, 09:33 »

My favorite thing Ive ever done in EVE was after a frigate dogfight with a group of pirates in the Bleak Lands.

My ship went down, and they locked up and pointed my pod.  My fleet (we were outnumbered) GTFO and so my pod was being circled by a bunch of red flashy ships.

One of them opened a convo.

"Ransom?" he asked me

"Sure" I typed back (well, I guess Gottii did, since it was EM and everything was IC)  "100mil and I let you all live"

Woke up in the new clone shortly thereafter, but was very pleased with myself.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 10:18 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
« Reply #14 on: 20 Jun 2013, 09:47 »

From first hand experience, being an RPer on the end of a ransom can certainly be colorful.
Pages: [1] 2