Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there was a total information blockade during the Caldari occupation of Placid, only lifted when the Caldari Navy in the area was destroyed or driven out?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Throne of Game of Thronesing. [POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNINGS]  (Read 2994 times)

Kala

• Egger
Re: Throne of Game of Thronesing. [POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNINGS]
« Reply #15 on: 06 Oct 2014, 14:11 »

Let's me shove you some couples of asses and cocks in your face. Like it ? Seen them ? Not enough I guess, let me show you again, this time with twice the amount !

I think they could do with dialling the cocks up a bit, frankly >.>

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #16 on: 06 Oct 2014, 14:20 »

I believe the term is (s)exposition

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #17 on: 06 Oct 2014, 14:22 »

What was with that lich king looking motherfucker though?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 06 Oct 2014, 14:54 »

I'm not 100% up on the lore, but basically:

The show people worked out the 'end' with Martin in advance, so they are showing stuff not in the books yet. 

HBO 'breast' quota needs nearly an entire other thread.

I'm hetero male but yea the show is terribly frightened to show any penises, it's hilarious how scared they are.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #19 on: 06 Oct 2014, 15:07 »

Pretty sure there was Hodor penis. In fact, I hear he even got a prosthetic to make it bigger.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #20 on: 06 Oct 2014, 16:13 »

The wine merchant who tries to poison Danny is made to run naked behind the Dothraki horses. That's the only penis I remember >_>

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

« Reply #21 on: 06 Oct 2014, 16:41 »

There are actually a few here and there, but they remain rather discreet and not exposed very long right in the middle of the screen. You see some in the brothel with Oberyn Martel and all the manstitutes for example. But not only here, in a lot of nude scenes.

Most of the time it's just a glimpse, like if they were afraid to show them indeed.

Personally I would be fine with that for both sexes, no need for more, really.

I'm not 100% up on the lore, but basically:

The show people worked out the 'end' with Martin in advance, so they are showing stuff not in the books yet. 

They basically showed in that episode with the 'King of the Others' (or the lich king if you will) something that the readers of the books have never seen themselves in the books. It's the first time the show spoiled the book readers, which is kind of ironic in itself. Maybe they took pleasure in doing so considering how smug book readers tend to be.

But it really annoyed me though. It revealed two new things : that the Others have a king or some kind of leader, and how they reproduce. Well, more of a confirmation actually since we supposed it was that way with all the babies left in the night but... Still.

It's also annoying as usual because of the way it's done. Firstly, the Others are really crappy in terms of art design (well, it's my opinion but they suck hard). Secondly, they show too much of them. In the books you spend the 3 first books and you basically never see one of them, but you know they are there. You just know it until Sam is eventually attacked by one and kills it, and that happens so fast that you are still left wondering wtf happened. It's what makes those creatures so powerful in that storytelling : you never see them, but you hear of them a lot, and you know they are there, sometimes just a few meters away in the dark (or you suppose so). They are also never described, and barely when Sam meets one. It's all the mystery around that makes them scary. In the show they blatantly show them all because HEY LOOK HOW WE ARE PROUD OF OUR CRAPPY CGI EFFECTS.

[spoiler]They also did a blunder when they wrote on the synopsis of the episode in question that the lich king pictured here was titled "The Night King". Fans immediately remember the story we are told in the book about the Night King, which is a myth about the 13th lord commandant of the night watch that turned pretty bad, fearing nothing as he said and ventured past the wall to follow a white skinned woman out of love, and whom he took as his queen back to the wall, but by doing so sold his soul to her and ruled during 13 years over the watch, using the watchers as his puppets in some kind of eternal night.  Until the Starks of Winterfell allied with the King beyond the wall Joramund came to save the day, and discover that the Night King sacrificed many people to the Others. Many names are said to be the House of the Night King, but according to the old nanny of Bran, it was a Stark.

Also, if you remember correctly, the Night Watch has had hundred of lord commandants until now. I don't remember the exact number and which one was Jeor Mormont and which one is Jon Snow, but that's by the hundreds. Which means that the Night King is old as fuck and probably one of the main vilains. So there is that too as a huge potential spoiler.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2014, 16:43 by Lyn Farel »

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
Re: Throne of Game of Thronesing.
« Reply #22 on: 08 Oct 2014, 16:48 »

:bash:

My take on GoT: I read the book and despised it, thus never checking out the show.

I'll leave this thread now so the fans can enjoy a fun discussion without me being a poop.

My response:

The very model of a British Minmatarian

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 09 Oct 2014, 01:25 »

I was annoyed when I first heard Martin was doing a series.  Dude takes forever to write a book, plus he wants to add a series adaptation on it?  I thought the idea that a series would portray the dense world effectively was fairly laughable.  I was thinking of Dune mostly, a series I cherished, and how much of a dumpster fire it always turned out to be to translate that into a movie or series.

I was wrong.  Its fantastic.

If you would have told me 15yrs ago when i started reading the series that my former fraternity brothers would dress up as Khal Drogo I would have laughed in your face. 

Also i pretty much give a +1 to everything Kala said.  Well written.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov
Pages: 1 [2]