Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that hovercraft are common vehicles on stations? (p. 88)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Return of the Jove  (Read 22934 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Return of the Jove
« Reply #60 on: 03 Feb 2015, 15:56 »

I actually had a closer look. The structure is completely hollow. Actually, there is no structure at all, you can fly straight through it. It's just textures floating in space.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
« Reply #61 on: 03 Feb 2015, 16:39 »

I actually had a closer look. The structure is completely hollow. Actually, there is no structure at all, you can fly straight through it. It's just textures floating in space.
The Jove is a lie

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #62 on: 03 Feb 2015, 16:48 »

destiny balls ? like, an intangible object ? Like those ruined station models which you can fly into, because their collision boundaries are so much smaller than their apparent size ?

Or something else ?
\o/

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #63 on: 03 Feb 2015, 16:54 »

Quote from: kalaratiri
However, despite their low dps, I cannot overstate what a seriously huge tank these have. It takes my 1075dps Machariel around 5 minutes per ship.

:eek:

Perhaps we should not have pissed them off. I really hope that CCP somehow get these things to clean up POS in w-space.

Something I think would be fun is; Your POS is safe unless you attack any sleeper in w-space, don't kill them, and warp to your POS. So whatever you spawn and attack follows you. Even escalation ships.

That could potentially make farming somewhere other than home more viable than staying home and keeping the exits closed.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #64 on: 05 Feb 2015, 11:55 »

Seems like what would end up resulting is using deathstar poses to farm, rather than farming farther from home.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #65 on: 05 Feb 2015, 12:41 »

Hey, at least starbase defense operation would be a relevant skill again. /bitter

Seriously though, it seems the solution to this would be to have them able to absolutely wreck your POS mods before leaving, making it a viable but costly escape method.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #66 on: 07 Feb 2015, 11:40 »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #67 on: 07 Feb 2015, 11:56 »

That's interesting. I wonder if the damage is signature related, because a hit of 1.2k isn't honestly that threatening to a BS.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #68 on: 07 Feb 2015, 12:20 »

That was before the buff.

This is how it is now.

Note: Bastion mode was on.
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2015, 12:22 by Samira Kernher »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #69 on: 07 Feb 2015, 12:31 »

Ahahahaha oh wow. That damage buff. Even the standard guns are now hilarious. It also looks like they've had their ehp slightly lowered, at least on the blue shield.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #70 on: 07 Feb 2015, 13:06 »

I eagerly await the incoming wall of lossmails.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #71 on: 07 Feb 2015, 13:17 »

That was before the buff.

This is how it is now.

Note: Bastion mode was on.

:eek:

holy moly batman

please let them keep it, please let them keep it, pleeeeease

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #72 on: 10 Feb 2015, 04:40 »

Faction Description:
"Emerging from the ruins of the Sleeper civilization spread throughout Anoikis - otherwise known as "W-space"- the Drifters represent a tremendous challenge and perhaps a dire threat to the empires and capsuleers alike.
Seemingly the inheritors of a legacy left behind by some of the most ancient Jove, the Drifters are unafraid to wield tremendous power in response to any who get in their way. In this regard, the Drifters are a very different conundrum than the relatively benign presence that was the Jove Empire."

Corporation Description (Vigilant Tyrannos):
"CONCORD intelligence reports indicate that Drifter military formations are operating under a single command structure represented by an enclave level organization with the designation "Vigilant Tyrannos". Despite monitoring the movements of ships broadcasting the identifier of this organization, no further information as to the motivation or goals of this force has been gleaned."

Race(?) Description:
"By all appearances and indications the Drifters are members of the Jove race, albeit far removed and with a strangely altered physiology. The high degree of cybernetic modification that the Drifters exhibit seems to go hand in hand with an implacable single-mindedness and utter ruthlessness while pursuing their mysterious goals. Whatever their ends may be, the technology at their command unquestionably rivals and perhaps even surpasses that which other Jove have been seen to use."

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs
« Reply #73 on: 10 Feb 2015, 09:15 »

Drifters are comin' fo' yoooooooou.

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #74 on: 10 Feb 2015, 11:14 »

I really hope these do not get watered down into easily farmable content. I think Eve needs some seriously hard, adaptive, evolving npc's.

Plucking lore threads from the air I hope they go with either "the other" creating an army to squash New Edens empires (both npc and pc) or The Sleepers really awakening and figuring out that we (current New Eden inhabitants) screwed up their plans of re-connecting the Eve Gate to Sol by igniting their Isogen 5 storage sites before they were supposed to.

If these turn in to belt rats or even the next "skin" on incursions I'm gonna be really disappointed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10