Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Rogue Drones are drones that operate outside of human control, pursuing some mysterious goal of their own?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Thoughts on the IGS, Amarr Empire, and the creation of claims  (Read 20992 times)

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain

It can be when someone starts to ascribe motives to someone else, either a targeted group or an individual. Which is, as far as I recall, breaking the rules of that forum.

Hey,

reading this I found it quite amusing, but also unsuitable for the IGS. It is basically an OOC related issue presented in an IC way. It is just not possible to substantiate that something is not substantiated. Of course, there are also no ways to substantiate claims, not even for something like “I am sitting in my garden drinking coffee”. There is no way to substantiate that “Pyre Falcon Defence Combine is the Secure Commerce Commission registered conglomerate of subsidiary private military corporations acting in the interests of Kaalakiota. Wiyrkomi and Lai Dai Corporations” etc. etc. But what is the basis of rp then?

So what are we going to make out of this? Shall we start a game like this:

“You are not a duchess/subsidary of Lai Dai, because you can’t prove it”
“Look it up in the book of records/at the secure commerce commission”
“I did, but I didn’t find you”
“You took the wrong book of records/secure commerce commission”
“No, I didn’t, you are a lier!”
“No, you are, you are!”

As a consequence I think Veikitamo Gesakaarin’s posting is little different from what she is criticising, it is basically doing the same, but on a meta level. The big difference however is that those “unsubstantiated claims” are enriching our rp and stories, while the critique is basically destroying the foundations of it.

I have nothing against a bashing of Odelya—but please in way Nicoletta, Rodj and Anabella did it.

Sorry.  But yeh.  that rule was broken in post one, "ascribing motives" - if thats what the rule is.

Anslol

OK, cool. But why call out others on their fluff like you did on that IGS post?

Because you didn't give me enough hugs Anslo.
No, seriously. If you don't care about the RP that much, why shit on it?

Veikitamo

OK, cool. But why call out others on their fluff like you did on that IGS post?

Because you didn't give me enough hugs Anslo.
No, seriously. If you don't care about the RP that much, why shit on it?

Do you take it so seriously, that it irks you so?

Anslol

Apparently you took it seriously enough to call them out on IGS.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain

And if you read it, the IC opinion of Veik is incorrect.  The Imperial Navy does not work that way.  Instead there's a threadnaught here about it.

Veikitamo

Apparently you took it seriously enough to call them out on IGS.

Yes, you're right. I had a laugh because it's just all so serious for me m8.

Does that make you feel better?

Anslol

Well shit, you go a long way to troll and get your kicks.

o7 m8

Edit: Still stupid imo to shit on someone's RP like that imo. Like someone said before, no one else is calling out PYRE to provide in-game, mechanic bound proof of the whole POW thing. What would you do if that happened?
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2013, 13:13 by Anslol »

Iwan Terpalen

Shrug and move on?

Ooh! Ooh! I see what you're getting at. The correct answer is: Discuss for 12 pages!

Veikitamo

Like someone said before, no one else is calling out PYRE to provide in-game, mechanic bound proof of the whole POW thing. What would you do if that happened?

"This public disclosure forms only part of a voluntary corporate transparency that Pyre Falcon Defence Combine was not obligated to provide. As such any claims of veracity, or lack thereof, on the part of the public is held to be a non-issue, for Pyre Falcon Defence Combine remains a privately held company.

Have a nice day."

Anslol

So basically, cause you said so. Meaning people are free to discredit it as you did in your post? If so then, welp. Ok. I'm good.

Lyn Farel

Heh, that threads is also starting to have a smell of HTFU.

It can be when someone starts to ascribe motives to someone else, either a targeted group or an individual. Which is, as far as I recall, breaking the rules of that forum.

Hey,

reading this I found it quite amusing, but also unsuitable for the IGS. It is basically an OOC related issue presented in an IC way. It is just not possible to substantiate that something is not substantiated. Of course, there are also no ways to substantiate claims, not even for something like “I am sitting in my garden drinking coffee”. There is no way to substantiate that “Pyre Falcon Defence Combine is the Secure Commerce Commission registered conglomerate of subsidiary private military corporations acting in the interests of Kaalakiota. Wiyrkomi and Lai Dai Corporations” etc. etc. But what is the basis of rp then?

So what are we going to make out of this? Shall we start a game like this:

“You are not a duchess/subsidary of Lai Dai, because you can’t prove it”
“Look it up in the book of records/at the secure commerce commission”
“I did, but I didn’t find you”
“You took the wrong book of records/secure commerce commission”
“No, I didn’t, you are a lier!”
“No, you are, you are!”

As a consequence I think Veikitamo Gesakaarin’s posting is little different from what she is criticising, it is basically doing the same, but on a meta level. The big difference however is that those “unsubstantiated claims” are enriching our rp and stories, while the critique is basically destroying the foundations of it.

I have nothing against a bashing of Odelya—but please in way Nicoletta, Rodj and Anabella did it.

Sorry.  But yeh.  that rule was broken in post one, "ascribing motives" - if thats what the rule is.

Yes, and that doesn't change my point the slightest.
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2013, 13:31 by Lyn Farel »

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain

My apathy has kicked in on this topic, and it keeps making me forget to pick up my cargo on these distribution missions.

Veikitamo

So basically, cause you said so. Meaning people are free to discredit it as you did in your post? If so then, welp. Ok. I'm good.

Sure, if you notice I even leave people ample room to do so since I believe it to be a valid response.

Your point?

However, to say that PYRE isn't transporting POW to the Kingdom means it isn't aligned with slavers like so many have used against it, no?

Your call really, I'm good either way.

Anslol

No further point. I'm not being round about. I'm too inpatient for that. I just bluntly asked why, you answered. End of story. vOv

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette

Jeez, internet dies for two days and this thread is still alive?  I mean, sort of alive.  Kind of twitching at best.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13