Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That it is illegal to import walnuts on to the planet Amarr Prime?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Captain's Quarters - Screenshots and Impressions, from an RP Perspective  (Read 18086 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Keep in mind, you can uncheck 'load station environment' and still play EVE.

You will be missing out on much awesome, but EVE is not over.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

I'm curious: on Sisi, what happens when you do that?

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain

Keep in mind, you can uncheck 'load station environment' and still play EVE.

You will be missing out on much awesome, but EVE is not over.

Oh thank god  :oops:

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran

I'm curious: on Sisi, what happens when you do that?

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain

Yay for Matari Furniture conglomerates!
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Casiella

• Demigod

I suspect this is a question of their agile development process: they fixed a release date, which means they don't fix the scope.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette

Then for fuck's sake, just push back the release! It's not like any players are desperately looking forward to the changes in this expansion so much that they'd pitch a fit about it not being released on the 21st.

Casiella

• Demigod

They've spent two years transitioning their entire company to this process. I don't think that they're going to renege on that just for this little thing.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain

Agile, and Scrum, basically pick an end-date and the development teams pick features they think they can get out the door by the end date - during the process there is continual evaluation of progress and if they think they're going to miss the end-date, they drop features until they meet the end date. Hopefully, the dev teams get better at estimating how long what they're doing will take, and the estimates get more reliable.

From CCPs point of view, I suspect they'd rather get out something than push it back, since this is essentially a giant beta-test of their walking in stations stuff. The sooner it gets into testing, the sooner they can get to work on fixing the bugs. There will be bugs, and they will be found and some of them even fixed.

The art resources for producing the other brands of captains quarters seems to me to be less critical as far as the finished product goes, because if the quarters look great, but you can't dock with the sofa without getting hung up on the coffee table, then it will fail.
It's not like any players are desperately looking forward to the changes in this expansion so much that they'd pitch a fit about it not being released on the 21st.
I'm fairly relaxed about the whole process. and if you don't care, do what I do and check the box saying "don't load the station interior" until they have one you want to look at.

Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Crucifire

We're getting different Captains Quarters? vOv

Casiella

• Demigod

I don't always agree with Ulphus, but when I do, he's spot-on!

Also, Incarna is almost meaningless to me until we have social spaces.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

They should push it back. New players come in and go "WTF Minmatar?" even though they picked Caldari.

Casiella

• Demigod

Depends on how long that WTF period will last. Two weeks? Okay. Six months? Bad.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

Eh... to be honest, the current CQ doesn't scream Minmatar to me, largely because of a lack of anything to compare it against.

Also, Incarna is almost meaningless to me until we have social spaces.

This... is really my main issue. I would have - at the very least - liked to see the ability to invite other players to your CQ to marvel at shinies in your hangar or check out the new dresses or whatever. Until then, we've got amounts to an incredibly system-intensive UI redesign, and I think more than a few will be finally unchecking that "load station environment" button (assuming, of course, we don't get some option to opt out of CQ).
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?

They are pushing it back. The same way they pushed back Incursion. Go ahead and swap the nameplate, release the rest of the content when it's done. That's their development model now. *shrug*
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7