Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Sebiestor has embraced the pet-name Sinister Ones, given to them by the Amarr? Read more here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Captain's Quarters - Screenshots and Impressions, from an RP Perspective  (Read 18070 times)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran

As requested...

[screenshots]

Ah! Thank you much!

... Any from other racial station-types? Or do they all look the same right now?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Only Minmatar atm, regardless of what station you're at.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

I got some screenshots from a Gallente station for the purposes of ship-size comparisons.

Machariel - Chimera - Abaddon
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette

I got some screenshots from a Gallente station for the purposes of ship-size comparisons.

Machariel - Chimera - Abaddon

It should be noted that the station Morwen displays size HUGELY better than Amarrian ones.
Example.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

As you can see, the ships there (Archon and Widow respectively) look kinda small at that distance, you really dont get that feel of size and scale like in Morwens pics, honestly I hope they all end up like Morwens pics, because Wow, Awesome!

I also hope we can still station-spin ships from the CQ, because I get bored and slightly annoyed with the one static angle for the ships, I want MOAR!

---------------

Made an alt to try the new NPE thing, but it was hugely glitchy - movement kept freezing, if your moving with W, you can't smoothly change to A,S or D without stopping, mashing buttons and hoping that it might move where you want, frustrating - but its very early, so that should get fixed hopefully.

What I would really love is like in the CCP video a while back introducing the Incarana stuff where the podder spills out of the Pod, goop and all onto the floor.
Do. Want.

however, another screeny - because I can
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.

Made an alt to try the new NPE thing, but it was hugely glitchy - movement kept freezing, if your moving with W, you can't smoothly change to A,S or D without stopping,

I had the same problem. It was a huge pain for me to use wasd to begin with since I'm left handed and have my mouse on the left side of my keyboard, but you can remap them in the shortcuts section.

For a very early release it wasnt half bad, and I cant wait to see the polish get applied.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

I read in some blog posts that click-to-move (maybe double-click) also works, can anyone here confirm?

Shaalira

• Egger

I read in some blog posts that click-to-move (maybe double-click) also works, can anyone here confirm?

It does work, albeit with its own bugs and glitches.  Double-clicking on a spot on the floor moves you in that direction.  But, it sometimes fails to respond.  Pathfinding is also a bit wonky - occasionally your character will stop and spin in circles.

Hopefully it will end up more responsive than manual piloting, where 'double-click' becomes 'mash mouse button in space until the ship turns, dammit.'

Hamish Grayson

The ships seem to get smaller when you get closer and larger as you walk away.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

can we get a screenie of the captains quarters from a minmatar station? Since that's where its going to end up and all?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog

I apparently didn't get a good panoramic screenshot of most of the quarters, but you can see the basic design in this one:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Also yeah, I looked and the posture and while it isn't terrible I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone who actually has bad posture and manages to pull their scapula further back then they are supposed to. The artists just need to make a minor adjustment and everything would be properly lined up as it should be too, so hopefully they do look at it.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2011, 18:34 by Misan »
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Claim those certificates, damnit.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

it looks like you have a few certificates there.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog

Claim those certificates, damnit.

Now I'm obligated to not claim them. ;)

Never bothered with the system, I know what I need to train kthx.

Edit: Also, for whatever reason the sitting animation at least for Minmatar makes them look fucking terrible. I didn't take a screenshot, but next time I log into Duality I'll get one.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2011, 18:40 by Misan »
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain

Guys, remember that this is pre-alpha at the moment. Lots of things aren't working, are missing, etc. For instance I found the same thing about the female idle posture looking weird (and whorish, frankly), but the animations are all borked generally. I mean, just try sitting on a sofa with a female avatar. Trolol.

Benjamin Shepherd

My OCD is killing me, Misan. How hard is it to click the claim all certs button  :bash:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7