Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The voice of the AI on capsuleer ships was recorded by Excena Foer? Read more here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Captain's Quarters - Screenshots and Impressions, from an RP Perspective  (Read 18071 times)

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain

Can I ask how long it takes to dock, change ship, and undock? Is it any slower than the current system?

I know this is a big concern for some of the people I've talked to.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Can I ask how long it takes to dock, change ship, and undock? Is it any slower than the current system?

They remain unaffected. The station hangar environment is going to change though, I bet.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

It'd be badass if the hangers could show multiple ships now, or if they brought back pleasure hubs...but we all know the likelihood of that.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Major JSilva

Looks pretty sharp, I couldn't get duality to install on my computer to take a look at it myself.

Question how graphics intensive is it, I know you had to run your settings on high but what kind of processor and video card were you running plus how laggy was it?

Shaalira

• Egger

There is a period of time in which the CQ environment is still loading, but you can still use the station menus and normal neocom buttons.  I believe you can just swap ships and leave station without waiting for CQ to load completely.  The current build, however, is pretty unstable, and I tend to CTD if I push too hard.

Looks pretty sharp, I couldn't get duality to install on my computer to take a look at it myself.

Question how graphics intensive is it, I know you had to run your settings on high but what kind of processor and video card were you running plus how laggy was it?

I was using a laptop with a fairly recent ATI Radeon video card.  FPS was low - around the 20-30 range.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran

Just looking at how the avatar is using her body almost causes me physical pain.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette

This is coming to Singularity eventually, right?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

This is coming to Singularity eventually, right?

Why not just go on Duality and check it? They've put alpha stuff on SiSi before. No difference.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Just looking at how the avatar is using her body almost causes me physical pain.

I made up a female avatar and noted the same thing.

Arms are always waaay back, chest shoved out front. At All Times.

I don't know how they breathe like that.  :|

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Benjamin Shepherd

Remember how character creation was awful at first? Well the same for this.

It will be perfected once the bugs are taken care of, and all graphics assets are installed. I can't wait tbh

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

I suggest bug reports about the avatar's stance if it looks unrealistic to you. That's why they have it out there right now. :)

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain

Maybe capsuleers in eve are simply more aware of good posture? It does look rather hot, you have to admit. :P

Bureeiku

• Blake Rathen
  • Wetgraver

...Female spines suffer from a type of curvature disorder due to prolonged exposure to a hydrostatic environment...

Also, I appreciated the Minmatar snarkiness on the Amarr-themed vid: "No Relevant Sov Data"  8)

Chowda

• Egger

Yeah, it's clunky right now.  I REALLY like the Incursions screen, they need more like it.  They also need more stuff like the couch to interact with.  Supposedly, CQ is staying one person, then the stations to walk in will come out, then establishments sometime this year.  That's the general timeline from what I understand.  Establishments will be what advances rp in EVE.

The test server was fortunate enough to bug out and let my female character run around naked.  Good news there.

Oh, and feel free to delete a character on there asap so you can try out the new starter missions.  I'm waiting out the timer currently.  
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2011, 16:44 by Chowda »

Kaleigh Doyle

Wake me up when this is done. It's pretty much all I'm looking forward to from EVE at this point.  :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7