Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the war between Electus Matari and PIE Inc started when -EM- pilots destroyed a slaver vessel in The Bleak Lands?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So apparently it's smart to wear Gucci in the pod  (Read 3069 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: So apparently it's smart to wear Gucci in the pod
« Reply #15 on: 03 Jun 2011, 12:18 »

CCP has indicated unofficially that they don't want the price of PLEX to go up in ISK terms. And when you think about it, they'd rather more people use it (slightly better margin for them), so they'd prefer for PLEX to drop down from the current ~400m price point.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #16 on: 03 Jun 2011, 13:33 »

If you may have noticed, the Aurum will make the ISK price of the PLEX go up phenomenally.

Hence making people that pay for their gametime with ISK have to use it as even a greater ISK sink, making it all a bit more profitable for CCP.

Quite genius if you think of it.

That is not how you sink ISK. Sinking ISK = removing it from the economy.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 03 Jun 2011, 13:58 »

The current price of PLEX is due to speculation. As Cas said, the lower the price of PLEX the better because there will be more demand (to a certain lower limit, or no one would sell them for ISK). Once the items are released, we'll start seeing what both CCP and players value them at. If the price of PLEX hasn't gone down by then, CCP will likely adjust the PLEX/Aurum ratio.

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #18 on: 03 Jun 2011, 14:11 »

CCP has indicated unofficially that they don't want the price of PLEX to go up in ISK terms. And when you think about it, they'd rather more people use it (slightly better margin for them), so they'd prefer for PLEX to drop down from the current ~400m price point.

I'd like a reimbursement then please, I had to drop 400m to keep my alt account running. I'm considering switching to paying for it with real money, but that's just me having the luxury of a media account. Not everyone can afford that. Plenty of people not really able to afford a main account to begin with.

Is there any news on the Quafe t-shirt, if that is worn and you are podded, will it be destroyed? Because if it is it'll go right into the bin with the collector items. I'd be sad to part with it.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 03 Jun 2011, 15:25 »

Aurum potentially has a loop where clothes bought with a single PLEX sell for more than a single PLEX's worth in ISK. This will act as a PLEX sink and momentarily increase the value of PLEX. However, it likely isn't sustainable for very long - since once those who care have their clothes, unless lots of people get podded in their finest, the demand is going to drop very sharp after the initial rush. The income of new players may or may not be enough to keep a smaller-volume cycle running. And CCP's possible modification of the PLEX/Aurum exchange rate may mess up bad with some people's plans. Though I assume that sneaky individuals will outwit CCP's economist - because he thinks like a real-world economist and very likely hasn't yet gotten the idea of people exploiting the economy worse than any speculator ever has in real world.

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #20 on: 14 Jun 2011, 11:21 »

Not looked at this stuff much, so maybe I'm wrong about it, but it all sounds utterly banal and hateful at first blush. It has the stench of something abhorrent dreamt up up by some unholy coupling of Marketing and Accounts. Maybe people are fine with the Great CCP Sell Out as long as they get a nice virtual hat to wear? Maybe my instinctive reaction to all of this bandwagoning is misguided? Either way: meh.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 14 Jun 2011, 11:31 »

It appears that their RMT shop isn't ready for ship skins, so as a temporary solution, they suggested creating Scorpions (one of the few ships with new textures & models) straight from the shop (i.e. without having a "legitimately" made Scorpion as a component). This created a minor threadnought, and it appears that CCP is backing up on the project, explaining that "we wouldn't release it right away, now we might not release it until the shop can swap it to a T1 Scorpion".

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #22 on: 14 Jun 2011, 11:32 »

Not looked at this stuff much, so maybe I'm wrong about it, but it all sounds utterly banal and hateful at first blush. It has the stench of something abhorrent dreamt up up by some unholy coupling of Marketing and Accounts. Maybe people are fine with the Great CCP Sell Out as long as they get a nice virtual hat to wear? Maybe my instinctive reaction to all of this bandwagoning is misguided? Either way: meh.

From what I can tell, it's not really any kind of downward step from sanctioned RMTing that already exists. It would be different if the stuff could only be purchased for Aurum, but as it is, once it is purchased initially it can be traded on the market for ISK.

Of course, on the down side, reliable sources inform me that most of the stuff you can buy is ugly. That part makes me sad.
Pages: 1 [2]