Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Guristas co-founder Jirai Laitanen, also known as Fatal, was podded in YC106, but suffered from severe memory loss and motor impairment because he only had an inferior clone on standby.

Author Topic: Character selling question  (Read 1547 times)

Saikoyu

• Omelette
Character selling question
« on: 25 Oct 2012, 12:49 »

Out of total curiousity, what does the character market run like these days, anyone know?

For instance, is there a market for reletively low skilled characters, or very specialized characters? 

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Character selling question
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2012, 14:06 »

A friend of mine makes a killing training up new accounts to flyl t3's and flipping them on character bazaar. Train for a few months, make enough to pay for that account and profit.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2012, 15:29 »

Last I recall it was about 3 bil ISK per 10 mil SP, but that's a ballpark figure from some months back so ymmv. Having "excessive" skill points that fall outside of the framework of the character's selling point won't net any ISK. A focused skill set is what buyers like to see.

There's a market for relatively low SP characters, but margins of entry depend on the focus of the character.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #3 on: 07 Feb 2013, 08:44 »

If the sale of my toons go well (or not) you might get some answers from the respective treads.