Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Defiants were a splinter group of the Minmatar fleet that waged guerrilla war against the Amarr?

Author Topic: Starting Fresh!  (Read 1446 times)

Shal Novastorm

• Wetgraver
Starting Fresh!
« on: 21 Oct 2012, 11:06 »

Hey all, not really 'new' but more 'coming back' I guess! Figure I might as well say hello anyway since I didn't really make much effort in getting involved last time I came back, so I might as well be new.

Anyway, heya, been playing Eve off and on for ages but for some reason keep coming back, and the improvements that they've been making more and more of have been luring me for a bit. I've been roleplaying for a long time, I pretty much RP in every game I play so it's awesome to see Eve has a bustling community! I really do think the base nature of Eve's sandbox and all lend itself well to roleplaying, so awesome to see that's been explored.

I'm starting up fresh, need to settle on a race still, torn between Amarr and Caldari, most likely going to decide by coin flip after the game gets reinstalled. The character I had before hadn't had much time invested in him so no real loss, and I always enjoy the whole 'blank slate' stuff when returning to a game after a while.

So yea, I suck at intros so sorry for the rambling! Look forward to seeing you all in space!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: Starting Fresh!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2012, 11:33 »

Wooo, new people! Welcome!

(Also, go Amarr! We have cookies!)
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2012, 12:47 »

Hello (not)new guy!

Go Amarr. Caladri are a dime'a'dozen more or less when it comes to numbers, the Amarr could use some loving from a fresh RP'er.

Besides, groups like PIE and CVA are awesome, so are their mighty laz0r-boats.

Here ya go, bodyguard! \o/
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2012, 13:25 »

Hello! Welcome to the forums, and a welcome back to EVE!

Well, considering the options you mentioned, there are far more on the Caldari side to RP with. But as Bloodbird said, more good Amarr RPers are needed. So yes, I'd say try out Amarr, but before you do, my recommendation is to read the PF about them. Also talking to people who've been playing Amarr a long while may also help, too.  :D

Also, gonna one up Bloodbird by posting this:

:P

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2012, 13:44 »

Just try to stick with actual Amarr corps. /o\
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Shal Novastorm

• Wetgraver
« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2012, 14:31 »

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome guys! One quick question mostly rooted in my own blindness I assume, is there a good 'Amarr guide' kinda thing out there? Same for the Caldari I suppose, I know a bit more about them but obviously more knowledge=better RP!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2012, 14:36 »

Hrm. I don't know of any true guide, strictly speaking, but feel free to probe me with questions about Amarr/the Empire if you have them!

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2012, 15:08 »

A good place to start is an understanding of what the Reclaiming is, as well as Amarrian political structure. Points of interest are the Succession trials and Moral Reforms. Also some Scriptures.

Esna et al can answer plenty of questions too.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 21 Oct 2012, 16:05 »

For Caldari I recommend The Caldari Dialogues, which are Svetlana Scarlet's thoughtful player-view background.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #9 on: 21 Oct 2012, 16:30 »

IIRC there was a link in PIE's corporate forum (public section) that went to a 'everything in one place' kind of source about all things Amarr. I'd think anyone who wanted to know about the faction would be wise to go look that up.