Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Both Black Ops and Titans create artificial wormholes with their respective jump portal generators?

Author Topic: So... sup?  (Read 1869 times)

Indahar

• Stare Dad
  • Clonejack
So... sup?
« on: 26 Apr 2010, 22:17 »

Oh, hey guys. Hope you don't mind my coming in. Give my condolences to the guy vomiting at the doorway.

I play Indahar (indahar in-game, 'cause I'm a wonderful typist), a character I've had for close to two months now. I introduced myself on the chatsubo forums a while ago, lurked, lurked more, lurked in IGS and empty RP channels, and still haven't found much else except 3-4 people shooting the breeze on the Summit every other day in-game. I've been looking for a way to get into Eve RP without some contrived "lookit me" moment, and without joining a corp (sorry lady-guys, I'm taken). Maybe, hopefully, I'll find a way to do that through these forums?

Maybe even this thread? Hm? Got any ideas, tubs?
Taylor Swift is My Goddess

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: So... sup?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2010, 23:22 »

Easiest place to get to know roleplayers in-game, would be these two channels:

OOC
Red's District

They're out of character channels, and used by a decent little bit of the community. You can also check the various public channels made by various roleplaying corporations. I would also check that list that's somewhere on these forums which details the various In Character channels, RP spots, bars, lounges and so on. Chances are that at least one or two will catch your eye.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2010, 23:53 »

Teh stickeh

Depends on what your character is looking for partly, but The Last Gate tends to be active fairly often, a couple others like the Skyhook as well (it must be all those cool pirates).  :yar:

Welcome o/.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #3 on: 27 Apr 2010, 00:09 »

Oh, hey guys. Hope you don't mind my coming in. Give my condolences to the guy vomiting at the doorway.

I play Indahar (indahar in-game, 'cause I'm a wonderful typist), a character I've had for close to two months now. I introduced myself on the chatsubo forums a while ago, lurked, lurked more, lurked in IGS and empty RP channels, and still haven't found much else except 3-4 people shooting the breeze on the Summit every other day in-game. I've been looking for a way to get into Eve RP without some contrived "lookit me" moment, and without joining a corp (sorry lady-guys, I'm taken). Maybe, hopefully, I'll find a way to do that through these forums?

Maybe even this thread? Hm? Got any ideas, tubs?

You can petition the GMs to have your name capitalized if you want. It technically doesn't fuck with the database, which is how I got the H in Hunter capitalized in my name after having it for ... 5-6 odd years.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2010, 08:51 »

Hiyas. Yeah, I occasionally have similar issues, but I haven't put as much effort into fixing it as I should, so I don't complain very much, either. :)

Anything in particular you seek?

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2010, 12:14 »

Look, man. Convo some likely-looking fucker in the OOC channel, greet them in-character, and offer to sell a leather jacket or something.

INSTIGATE roleplay. Start some crap, man. Don't just sit around, fuck up someone else's well-ordered universe. Kick over a tidy pile of stuff. It's the only consistent way.

Aaaaaand, welcome to the forum.

Indahar

• Stare Dad
  • Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2010, 16:31 »

You can petition the GMs to have your name capitalized if you want. It technically doesn't fuck with the database, which is how I got the H in Hunter capitalized in my name after having it for ... 5-6 odd years.
Nice. I'll try that sometime.

Look, man. Convo some likely-looking fucker in the OOC channel, greet them in-character, and offer to sell a leather jacket or something.

INSTIGATE roleplay. Start some crap, man. Don't just sit around, fuck up someone else's well-ordered universe. Kick over a tidy pile of stuff. It's the only consistent way.
Aight, as long as I'm invited to.

I'll look into those channels, too. Thanks a bunch, all.
Taylor Swift is My Goddess

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
« Reply #7 on: 28 Apr 2010, 10:54 »

You are ALWAYS invited to. But you could just ask in OOC or in an OOC convo if you're feeling charitable.