Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki who supported Caldari independence from the Federation were first exiled from the Federation, and then attacked by Caldari radicals demanding the expulsion of all foreigners? For more, read here.

Author Topic: Do we need a RP glossary?  (Read 1950 times)

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
Do we need a RP glossary?
« on: 17 Jan 2019, 07:52 »

Title.
Or is there one already somewhere?

I was thinking, if it would be useful to have common in-character terms and their meanings or general use explained. For example;
"GalNet: The internet, only in galactic scale."
"Capsuleer: Neutral term for hydrostatic capsule pilots."
"Egger: A derogatory term for hydrostatic capsule pilots."

Etc. etc. Thoughts?

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
Re: Do we need a RP glossary?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2019, 08:17 »

Don't know of one (probably didn't look hard enough but I have looked), I would love the idea. Also would help my buddy I got playing (the Amarr loyalist char formerly in my corp) tremendously with ones either I crafted my own explaination or simply didn't know..

Tressith_Sefira

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2019, 09:09 »

I did a small one just for GalFed lore, but a comprehensive one is a good idea. The biggest challenge would be being succinct enough that a person wouldn’t be better served checking the wiki.

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2019, 09:17 »

I did a small one just for GalFed lore, but a comprehensive one is a good idea. The biggest challenge would be being succinct enough that a person wouldn’t be better served checking the wiki.

Well, depending on the platform (this or the game's own forum) one could perhaps link all the terms to wikis/fiction portal if possible, though certainly that would be a mountain of work.

But yes my thought was pretty much just list a bunch of commonly used terms used in in-character communication, for example even stuff like Napanii greetings, with short description what everything means. Of course this would need to be a collaborative effort, and we'd have to firstly see if we can scrape up enough terms that it would be worth it to even make such a glossary.