Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The nation of Jin-Mei is the latest addition to the Federation? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous (Or: Why has this thread not been made yet!?)  (Read 39320 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

Yeah, my Saitek X52 would be the preferred way to play, but I just don't have the space to have it comfortably on the desk these days. Might give it a shot, depending on what takes my fancy otherwise, when it comes to games.

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs

I feel your pain, took a while for me to appropriate a coffee table to extend my desk for HOTAS use. I hope you do get into it, though. It's a rewarding game for those equipped by eve to find their own fun and meaning.

Definitely check out the player groups section of the forum if you're looking for more pilots (assuming KB+M works out for you), and share your pilots name here if you wish. Plenty of friendly types knocking about.

I'll be back in action next week, just dealing with RMA, work deadlines and EVE london this weekend. I'll hopefully have news of FDEV recognising (as a player group and potential minor faction) a small rp group I've gathered.

Nissui

From my own paltry experience with these types of sims, E:D is way more enjoyable with a gamepad than KB+M. I set up the hotkeys in similar fashion to the orientation of the cockpit touchscreens, and leave the gamepad to the flight controls.

Not as good as hotas but then I'm on a very stringent budget.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

I swear, when that damn seller finishes mucking about with that house and finally sells it to me, I'm -building- a bloody desk. Some hobby plates, 4x2s etc and I'll dedicate the space to build the most amazing gaming corner the world has ever seen. Plenty of room for hotas, all the monitors etc, and design it so swapping in the wheel for driving (pedals permanently under the desk) will be quick and simple...

... I just gave myself a little happy moment.

It'll even come before I build the hobby room for miniature painting/playing/displaying.

Excuse me, I have to go stare dreamily at all tools I've acquired over a lifetime. I can't wait to put them all to use at once.

Utari Onzo

Something something I should play this game more often. It's gathering increasing amounts of digital dust in my steam library. I used to play it a lot, but I guess only so much fun to be had grinding pve solo vOv

Aelisha

• Egger

ATM I am still waiting for my HOTAS to be fixed, but me and the Anansi Syndicate will be hitting one or two systems to tear down the tyranny of government in the coming weeks.

If you're up for some group PvE than could turn into PvP if some hostile pilots show up, then give me a poke on Steam or Slack.

Steam: Cmdr N Anaconda

Aelisha

• Egger

Horizons (beta) has landed!

As a picture says a thousand words, here's a small album of my first excursion to a barren world:

https://imgur.com/a/R9TRd

I will capture some mission/action pictures tomorrow night.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

I'll admit, it looks absolutely gorgeous. I think I might brave the KBnM problems.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

Mess around in the tutorials a bunch first before undocking for real. Also, you can probably find a pretty cheap HOTAS or dualstick setup somewhere probably, though this past weekend might've been the best time to do it.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK

The game sales will expire today so I am going to ask.

Is this game worth the purchase?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Aelisha

• Egger

Only just woke up:

I'd say yes, just because I have an affection for Elite that goes back 22 years to my first experience with Frontier; Elite II. Dangerous has its flaws, and can feel empty if you're not engaging with the background sim or doing some serious head-rp, but I kind of like that. The wild expanse of space is a place of sporadic adventure, at least until you make enemies and shake up the status quo wherever you leave your boots ;).

So I'd say yes, definitely, but much like eve it is a love or hate situation. I've had many people complain that they are bored of the game, have little to do or similar. Power play is NOT a good game mechanic (grindier than FW!!!) but if you're ok with writing your own story and keeping up with in game news (available in cockpit), I think role players are p much the target audience for this game.

I'd like to add any of you joining form here as friends: I have an iron clad 'on buddies list don't shoot' policy in place. I also run a small pirate group trying to push a system into blissful anarchy as we speak for those of you inclined to the piratical, smuggler or clannish government-hating mentality. But even if you go true-blue Imperial, if you're on the list, I'll never shoot and be glad to wing up if I'm about.
« Last Edit: 01 Dec 2015, 02:07 by Aelisha »

Nissui

If anyone else doesn't want to shoot me, my callsign is 'Stutzer'.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

Mess around in the tutorials a bunch first before undocking for real. Also, you can probably find a pretty cheap HOTAS or dualstick setup somewhere probably, though this past weekend might've been the best time to do it.

I have a very good HOTAS, the Saitek X52 Something Pro. What I don't have is the deskspace to use it without it being a pain in the arse.

Lyn Farel

I still am trying to grasp how you can roleplay when there is no tools or incentive to bring characters socializing and doing stuff... I have to admit.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

I'll have to echo that, really. It would be less roleplaying for me and more just telling myself a story, creating context around what I do without it actually being a thing.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17