Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 'Heaven' constellation in Curse is the former location of the Third Jove Empire and the current headquarters of the vast Angel Cartel?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So i think my little joke is done  (Read 3535 times)

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
So i think my little joke is done
« on: 24 Apr 2014, 05:36 »

(idk what to name any thread ever so don't judge..also i never know were to put it exactly)

Hi! its me fooly jones, i came to  this forum again to leave a somewhat of a goodbye message (like anybody cares really)

Now its came to realizing   that the silliness i brought with Foley has finally if not already gotten old with the community
When i first did some weird shit with foley i slowly found out that yes i can be a lol factor and that you guys welcomed it but i then i slowly realized thats my only real trait with this character  as i can make people laugh, so i aimed for that at all times, as its kinda a ego stroke to me, to make people laugh, i feel good when i make someone laugh at anything

so i kept at it, but then i slowly received more flak for choices i decided to make in order to make  theses laughs in but i think its gotten to the point were foley is no longer funny and is rather than a complete annoyance

Thus is the the fact that foley is seen as a push over, for the sake of seriousness i wanted him to come off as a crazed individual to explain why he does theses silly things, i wanted to put somewhat fear into other's hearts but i never could play the guy like i pictured, i dont know if it was due to my lack of skill in that persona or a bad crowd,

A lot suggested i should change how foley acts, but its to late and nobody would give him a chance, so why bother? at the moment hes such a push over i have to get out of conversations as i receive flak for opening my mouth, so i can never truly show a change in character, so my character cannot change, also because there would be no reasoning behidn it, the deranged psycho all of a sudden becoming sane?

But what im saying is that it seems no one is longer having fun with this character that does not involve  being just a punching bag for people "Higher on the social ladder" and it seems that i come off more as a troll then a actual role player, this is not what i wish, so i believe my time is done in the role play community, as i don't wish to troll anyone thus annoying them OOCly and ICly

So Fly safe suppose friends o/ may we meet again

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: So i think my little joke is done
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2014, 06:26 »

Now that you have admitted a problem, you can begin fixing it. Start by removing his humor and boisterous personality completely. Make him quiet, brokding, and snarky. He is friends with nobody, and takes zero shit. He is the man with no name (Clint Eastwood). Just play him  cool calm and collected.

Of course, if you'd rather just quit, you can,  but my advice is to just have Foley grow up a little and stop being a clown. People like Anslo will probably tell you to never change, full speed ahead, damn the torpedoes. It seems like you don't enjoy the reactions to it, so that would be poor advice.

Either way, you have to make a choice of who you want Foley to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Avio Yaken

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2014, 06:35 »

Now that you have admitted a problem, you can begin fixing it. Start by removing his humor and boisterous personality completely. Make him quiet, brokding, and snarky. He is friends with nobody, and takes zero shit. He is the man with no name (Clint Eastwood). Just play him  cool calm and collected.

Of course, if you'd rather just quit, you can,  but my advice is to just have Foley grow up a little and stop being a clown. People like Anslo will probably tell you to never change, full speed ahead, damn the torpedoes. It seems like you don't enjoy the reactions to it, so that would be poor advice.

i don't want to quit just its not going anywhere anymore

but like i said, im not given a chance anymore to change a personality as impressions have been placed, il be told to shut the hell up simply for asking a question IC from most of the community, and thus nobody would believe a dif foley and continue to keep him out of most events

im basicly stuck

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2014, 07:01 »

You basically trolled yourself out of a community that pretty much runs on personal opinion, good job I guess. Can't say I personally ever found Foley to be a funny character, was more like someone breaking through a wall in a church and blasting turbofolk at high volume until they got bored, but I'm sure you had your fans.

Thank you for realizing that things weren't going anywhere though. Perhaps if you roll another character and try something different you may get the response you want.

Avio Yaken

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2014, 07:06 »

You basically trolled yourself out of a community that pretty much runs on personal opinion, good job I guess. Can't say I personally ever found Foley to be a funny character, was more like someone breaking through a wall in a church and blasting turbofolk at high volume until they got bored, but I'm sure you had your fans.

Thank you for realizing that things weren't going anywhere though. Perhaps if you roll another character and try something different you may get the response you want.

You make it sound like im blaming the community for why foley failed

No im  aware this ia my fault and such, I just thought it was working out and I didn't stop and breathe

Sofia Roseburn

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2014, 07:15 »

You make it sound like im blaming the community for why foley failed

No im  aware this ia my fault and such, I just thought it was working out and I didn't stop and breathe
I actually think it was a bit of both; people encouraging you to continue on the path that you had started on until your position became unsalvageable, and the fact that you couldn't see what was going on around you as you did so. No matter how it panned out it's a shame that you find yourself in a position where you can't realistically make amends, but c'est la vie.

Not all characters work out. As long as you've learnt what you did wrong then it's op success as far as I'm concerned.

Avio Yaken

• Egger
« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2014, 07:35 »

And i Just realised this thread would be better off in the character devlopment section....can never tell were a thread should go

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2014, 07:38 »

Did you know?: Every time a capsuleer is podded, minor personality/memory/mental changes take place.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Sofia Roseburn

• Egger
« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2014, 07:41 »

Did you know?: Every time a capsuleer is podded, minor personality/memory/mental changes take place.

So what you're suggesting is that we pod him back into the Iron Age?

Avio Yaken

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2014, 07:42 »

Whats to say that works for Dusters? The implant we have works different compared to cappies

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #10 on: 24 Apr 2014, 07:47 »

Accidents happen. Mass amounts of data transfer are underway. Interference/abnormalities can occur.

Ponder perhaps, that this has already happened.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Jurou

• Clonejack
« Reply #11 on: 24 Apr 2014, 08:24 »

I've made a lot of changes with Jurou over time Foley, and I found the biggest change in my character came from supporting my roleplay with what I actually do in game.

It allows you to build a character with some sort of foundation, as if you just charge in with an idea for a character and can't back it up in game, it will eventually fall apart, no matter the personality type you're going for.

If you're looking to change Foley rather than a reroll, just go back to the shadow a while, play the game, and eventually identify what it is you're doing in game and how you can apply it to your roleplay.

Worked for me.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 24 Apr 2014, 11:11 »

Something you will find if you play in the EVE universe long enough is that longevity in EVE (and presumably dust) is a pretty good whitewash of hostile opinion.

If you want to change his character, keep a low profile for a month or six, and follow Kats advice about having him grow up a bit. Doesn't have to be the snarky route, though. Many other ways to have a character grow up. 

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #13 on: 24 Apr 2014, 11:54 »

When I first began RP'ing Pieter told me to play the long game with character development.

Maybe the same advice can help you.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #14 on: 24 Apr 2014, 12:44 »

i don't want to quit just its not going anywhere anymore

but like i said, im not given a chance anymore to change a personality as impressions have been placed, il be told to shut the hell up simply for asking a question IC from most of the community, and thus nobody would believe a dif foley and continue to keep him out of most events

im basicly stuck

Welcome in our magnificent echo chamber society.

Don't worry, you are not the only one, and will not be the last one. Be it IC or OOC, it's the same. Which kindof proves that IC ingame interactions can also be perfectly realistic and in accordance to the real world !

On a less sarcastic note, I only remember Foley in his first days. I found the character pretty good. He had wit and was slightly messed up as a character yeah. It worked fine. Not sure what happened next. Maybe as you say you pushed it too far ? Too much crazy will eventually kill it. That's eventually what happens when facing the same people day after day and proving to be a bit... taxing for everyone ICly.

Although yeah, echo chambers too. You have to take in account that playing a character that is either marginal, disturbed, weird, or different, will have to deal a lot with the first rule of IRL and ingame communities : popularity.
Pages: [1] 2