EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > Player Driven Content

Worldbuilding: Fan Clubs!

<< < (2/13) > >>

Elmund Egivand:
Elmund Egivand does not believe that he has a fan club of any description. If anyone mentions it to him, he will just stare blankly at the insinuator, probably thinking that the fellow drank one glass too many that night. It also helped that he had walked the long corridors of Dodixie and Jita 4-4 without being recognised by any baseliner who isn't already an acquaintance. That only helped to reinforce the idea that he isn't famous or popular enough to have a band of roadies hounding his footsteps.

However, as he had learnt from the reports of that incident on his plasma world colony, there are individuals within the baseliner population who are scrutinising his activities and are taking too much interest in his pet projects, which he thought was kept well enough out of public eye. He is still getting used to the idea that a someone somewhere is interested in his activities enough to actually take the trouble finding out what he was up to and was willing to risk their lives to infiltrate his property to try and dig up some info.

Lyn Farel:
Oh i'm sure Elmund has many more or less faithful cults around the worship of the machine spirit  :D

Utari Onzo:
Thou shalt bless the bolt of holiness with sacred oils?

Anyways, Utari I'm certain lives in a dillusion of having absolutely no issues with fanclubs, and probably pays them little to no heed. This has been reinforced by two factors. One, he spent a lot of time in Anoikis and therefore isolated from the rest of the Cluster. And two, he lives in the "nice" bit of the EFA station, where his corridor neighbours are all non-titled nobility and Holders. Generally, these types know not to stick noses into other people's business directly, and I can assume security would be fairly tight (much like a gated community for celebrities?)

His main stay appeal would be among the conservative liberals of the Empire and other Caldari ex-pats (Khaldari? Converts within the Empire?)

I could imagine he'd have plenty of anti-fans within the State, and possibly a small following in the Federation thanks to his brief stay there while missioning in hisec, and his work with the PPC.

Samira Kernher:

Most commoner Ultra Conservative types/freed slaves with a religious bend would be big fans, especially with her forthright attitude. I think many conservative Holders however would frown a little that a minmatar would be trying to speak so often on behalf of the Empire/Ardishapur, but probably would be nodding along and agreeing with much of it. She'd have a large anti-fan/hate club within the Kingdom.

I think her standing would be a little messy in the Republic. Maybe a bit of a following for her making the most of her life within the Empire and enduring, maybe a little hate as a possible "traitor?" I'm not confident enough with the Minmatar perspective to colour that further though.

Aria Jenneth:
One question likely to pervade capsuleer fandom is how far the fandom is tangled up in the bloodshed. Even outside of the Alliance Tournament-- is your crew tapping into your camera drone footage and selling it?

"That move! DID YOU SEE THAT MOVE! And then that battleship is just like, KAFWOOM!"

"Dude, you can totally see somebody's severed foot at frame 2421010. I've attached an image for proof. Look really close at grid A3...."

Moving on, two obvious fandoms Aria's would intersect with: Lyn's and Utari's.

Aria's kinda-sorta romance with Utari is fairly ripe tabloid fare, and never mind that it seems to be stuck at the "wistful yearning" stage. Naturally, that's boring for any salacious gossip rag. Their meeting on Caldari Prime is inevitably going to be made into much more, at least in the gutter press. What Utari's fandom thinks of the situation is likely to be a bit divided-- especially as (I think) he's seeing someone else. Which side Utari's fandom lines up on re: all of this likely depends on its view of Aria. If she's seen as a corrupter, then she's a dangerous person Utari should stay away from. If she's just a lost soul needing guidance, though....

Aria's is probably divided largely based on what the membership thinks of Lyn Farel (speaking of "shipping"). The two are obvious close friends (Aria addresses her as "suuolo"), and there's apt to be all kinds of Sapphic fic out there by now in which someone's true feelings get confessed/acted upon in a variety of more or less compromising positions. This may have helped to perk up Lyn's fan base somewhat (for good or ill).

As a side note, I'd expect Utari to have buckets of fans in the Empire (everybody loves to see their culture validated), but I also would think he'd have a largish following in the Federation. He's got an interesting and pretty sympathetic story, and his choice of the Amarrian culture over the Caldari stands as an implicit rejection of (outside observer's obvious first thought) the latter's policy on persons of mixed blood. He could seem from a distance to have walked out of a book (something full of duty, personal tragedy, and stiff upper lips).

Utari Onzo:
Quite a fair point Aria, I'd agree with it. And yes, Utari is definatly still seeing someone at this stage.

I think, after talking to Morwen on slack, he might start to have issues with fans since his appearance in the Amarr Championship. It's certainatly raised his profile more upfront, but not as much had Laerise's team won ( :( we wuz robbed)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version