Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Suuolo" is Caldari for friend? For more, read here

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dealing with unexpected Events  (Read 2881 times)

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
Re: Dealing with unexpected Events
« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2011, 10:12 »

Though I think you should only start worrying when one of my alts also starts lurking in your public channel.  Not that any of the ones you know about would ... so hi!  Having a good Memorial Day weekend so far?

omg, you're Julianus Soter??

Vieve

« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2011, 10:16 »

Though I think you should only start worrying when one of my alts also starts lurking in your public channel.  Not that any of the ones you know about would ... so hi!  Having a good Memorial Day weekend so far?

Whatever it is you're enjoying right now, you should share it with the rest of the class.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #17 on: 27 May 2011, 11:16 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

On topic: If the RP coordination at an OOC level has deteriorated, I am not sure how the IC interaction will proceed. There are several cop outs you could use, regardless, in an attempt to backpeddle or simply introduce human error into the equation. Could've been on drugs, results could've been tampered, could've been a false-positive, so on so forth.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
  • Enlightening a Slave near you
« Reply #18 on: 27 May 2011, 11:20 »

Or just go IC with full denial of her accusations on grounds of being a filthy Blooder, and that the body she has is a fake, until she allows an independant Autopsy performed by a mutal 3rd party that both sides agree to.
"White as the falling snow. Black as our Citadels burned against the sky."

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #19 on: 27 May 2011, 11:43 »

Or send her a private, OOC evemail and work something out between the two of you.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #20 on: 27 May 2011, 22:49 »

How is this not an excellent opportunity to develop your character further? While I have admittedly no idea who your character is outside of being Angel Cartel, your reaction to this mistake suggests that you do not view your character (regardless of all her other faults) as the sort who would naturally have faked an autopsy for the sake of a Public Relations/Political Capital gain.

I'd say Play it straight - Lie through your teeth IC: That body is totally legit, nobody saw anything to the contrary, she's a liar, and anyway screw the rules, you have money!

If you make sure your opposite is aware of this OOC you can both play with it for a while and then maybe draw out the zomgScandal of your character's vile deception, or muddle the investigation and make it ambiguous as to which body is the real one. Or in the end, she eats the real body and whoops, looks like your autopsy is the only one left, giving you benefit of the doubt.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 28 May 2011, 05:32 »

So situation yesterday:

Got into an RP fight with a corp member who was attempting to 'go nation' Nikita podded her, someone stole the corpse before Nikita could get to it. I did a stupid, and thought a non-rper had stolen it, which was dumb, because I should have just rolled with that anyway.

But I didn't and I had my pilot pod herself again so I could have a corpse to autopsy. I figured that would be the end of it...except that Valerie Valate had the other corpse, and called me out on performing the autopsy. Now I have a corpse, and I did RP out doing the autopsy and finding all the nation implants and such. So how do I reconcile what I did ICly (yes in error, I should have just rolled with it when the corpse was stolen, that's totally on me) with what Valerie did IC? I would suggest just shaking hands with her OOC, and saying 'well played' and letting the situation fade away, but Valerie's made it clear she doesn't intend to actually let me do that, which leads to me not really knowing what to do with things IC.

I could say I'm right and she just misidentified the body, but she can just as easily do the same to me, and since I can't exactly settle it OOC...where does that leave me?

Just pick it up IC as you should have done initially. Yes, you did have a corpse, and did do an autopsy, it wasn't the right corpse though. Simply speaking, you lied and you should think of why you lied IC. Then you could choose to continue lying, admit your lies or some mix of the two.

Saying she misidentified the body is ok if you approach it from a IC point of view, but to me it seems you want to do so from an OOC point of view for an OOC motivation to preserve your storyline/integrity. This approach is got what you into trouble in the first place. Things went wrong in game, you should have went with it, adapted your story, now you should go with it as well. Don't try to make in-game realities fit what you want them to be, adapt your personality, story and action to the in-game reality.

Reality: you didn't autopsy the right body.

IC you lied.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #22 on: 28 May 2011, 17:38 »

I would but I'm rather involved in something else...you'll here about it soon I'm sure.

* Ken wonders what you have been doing lurking in his public channel this past week.

Well, as of about an hour ago, its stopped being backroom planning and started being...well, I'm sure you'll see  :twisted:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm going to go with the Nikita having lied angle, since its the most 'true' and we'll just see where things go
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.
Pages: 1 [2]