Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char started life as humble mechanic?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Eve Down Under: SOE Battleship Nestor announced  (Read 9338 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Eve Down Under: SOE Battleship announced
« Reply #15 on: 02 Dec 2013, 13:37 »

What the ..? Nestor ? Is that a joke ?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #16 on: 02 Dec 2013, 13:47 »

Did I miss a thing?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #17 on: 02 Dec 2013, 14:00 »

I think the thing to take away here, Kat, is that "50%" does not always actually mean "50%" to CCP.

The devblog that announced the LP prices only said that they would cost 50% more from the non-Sanctuary corps and did not specify hulls or BPCs. :P

Of course, why anyone would be stupid enough to waste the LP on a built hull rather than the BPC is beyond me. :|
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #18 on: 02 Dec 2013, 14:27 »

I think the thing to take away here, Kat, is that "50%" does not always actually mean "50%" to CCP.

The devblog that announced the LP prices only said that they would cost 50% more from the non-Sanctuary corps and did not specify hulls or BPCs. :P

Of course, why anyone would be stupid enough to waste the LP on a built hull rather than the BPC is beyond me. :|

Yeah. Neither the BPC nor built ships have a 50% markup. It's actually a fairly specific and balanced pattern, not nearly as hamfisted as 150% cost.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #19 on: 02 Dec 2013, 14:28 »

Not a joke. The Nestor appeared on SiSi for several sub-patches before Rubicon launched. It was seen at the battleship position of the SoE line, and shared the descriptions of the other SoE ships. It's all but confirmed to be called Nestor.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #20 on: 02 Dec 2013, 14:32 »

Did I miss a thing?

Nestor is a rather outdated first name that sounds a little goofy to me.

I just checked and apparently it also exists in greek mythology... I guess that's where they found it. But I can't help but hear the name of that butler...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 03 Dec 2013, 14:24 »

We were discussing earlier in OOC the bonuses...

IMO another example of schizophrenic pulling mismatching role bonuses out of a damned hat.

That being said two of the bonuses, the armor repair amount and the resist bonus, combined with being able to fit battleship MJD, means this thing will be like having an abaddon-tanking logistics ship in your fleet.   Will take absolutely forever to chrew-through, meanwhile repairing more than a dedicated logi ship at close range.  Toss in sentry spam to get on km's during engagements and this thing could be a heap of trouble to deal with in larger spider groups.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 03 Dec 2013, 14:42 »

We were discussing earlier in OOC the bonuses...

IMO another example of schizophrenic pulling mismatching role bonuses out of a damned hat.

That being said two of the bonuses, the armor repair amount and the resist bonus, combined with being able to fit battleship MJD, means this thing will be like having an abaddon-tanking logistics ship in your fleet.   Will take absolutely forever to chrew-through, meanwhile repairing more than a dedicated logi ship at close range.  Toss in sentry spam to get on km's during engagements and this thing could be a heap of trouble to deal with in larger spider groups.

Bonuses are released? I keep missing things  :eek:

Makoto Priano

« Reply #23 on: 03 Dec 2013, 14:53 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=301843 for those who haven't seen it.

The bonuses are a bit odd, but someone hit on the, "WH ghost sites!" idea and it seems reasonable enough. Further, it is sort of a super-Dominix-- made for RR sentry work. So-- well, it's a fun idea. I'm not sure I'll ever see the inside of one, but y'know.

That said, I'm wondering if people haven't misread the equilibrium price of SoE ships. We've generally assumed that equilibrium will end up being at about 1k isk/LP as per other highsec agents. Doesn't CONCORD LP convert at a lower rate for the SoE? And it doesn't have the FW LP store to depress prices. Or DED site BPC drops to add an additional source of BPCs, as in the case of other pirate ships. While I'll bow to the superior maths of industry tycoons, projections are predicated upon assumptions, and I'm not sure how amazing those assumptions are.

Also: SOE ship name discussion. http://interstellarprivateer.wordpress.com/2013/10/03/it-may-not-make-sense-at-first/

The Nestor appears at the end.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2013, 14:59 by Makoto Priano »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 03 Dec 2013, 15:01 »

Wahey, updating OP then.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
Re: Eve Down Under: SOE Battleship Nestor announced
« Reply #25 on: 03 Dec 2013, 16:32 »

No doubt someone in the Incursion community is going to try and replace their logis with these, seeing if they can field a 5x sentry/all large remote rep version for even faster clearing.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #26 on: 03 Dec 2013, 18:49 »

Someone when the ships were first announced predicted the name based on the names of the Astero and Strategos, it apparently has some etymological basis.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #27 on: 04 Dec 2013, 10:20 »

Yes it seems to be Greek mythology, as I said above...

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #28 on: 04 Dec 2013, 11:16 »

No doubt someone in the Incursion community is going to try and replace their logis with these, seeing if they can field a 5x sentry/all large remote rep version for even faster clearing.

Hrmm. The main issue with doing that I see is that the scan resolution is abysmal for large-scale logi duty - not nearly fast enough to lock someone getting chewed on by a HQ spawn. So, maybe for vanguard fleets? Take two in, assign each to lock up 5 people in the fleet?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 04 Dec 2013, 11:31 »

Hrmm. The main issue with doing that I see is that the scan resolution is abysmal for large-scale logi duty - not nearly fast enough to lock someone getting chewed on by a HQ spawn. So, maybe for vanguard fleets? Take two in, assign each to lock up 5 people in the fleet?

Fit I've seen thrown around absolutely spams sebos. It has, like, 3 or 4 of them.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5