Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maroon is the color of death for the Sani Sabik? (The Burning Life, p. 45)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: AT11 announced  (Read 9549 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: AT11 announced
« Reply #30 on: 12 Jun 2013, 08:22 »

If I recall -any- alliance can enter the silent auction, even alliances that weren't part of original draw....

We'll see what we get....

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #31 on: 12 Jun 2013, 11:43 »

* Karmilla Strife sulks and puts away cheerleader outfit.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #32 on: 12 Jun 2013, 14:39 »

Green lines are the corps that have been picked by the random selection by a lottery ball machine. Numbers were the numbers on the balls. Order doesn't probably matter.

The rest have a silent auction to get in. There's 41 alliances left, with 32 slots to be auctioned, so nine lowest-bidding alliances will not enter the tournament.
Thank you.

What does the silent auction entail? They place a bid without knowing what everyone else is bidding?
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #33 on: 12 Jun 2013, 14:41 »

Green lines are the corps that have been picked by the random selection by a lottery ball machine. Numbers were the numbers on the balls. Order doesn't probably matter.

The rest have a silent auction to get in. There's 41 alliances left, with 32 slots to be auctioned, so nine lowest-bidding alliances will not enter the tournament.
Thank you.

What does the silent auction entail? They place a bid without knowing what everyone else is bidding?

Something like that. Blind auction might be a better description.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #34 on: 12 Jun 2013, 15:38 »

I'm sorry you didn't make the raffle Silas. Hope you do better with the auction.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #35 on: 13 Jun 2013, 01:39 »

Alliances that are in in the random draw:
01 - Confederation of xXPizzaXx - left TEST, have been harassing them since, known of bomber fleets (now joined forces against Goons, I think). Possibly built around 4chan-originated corps?
03 - Moist. - no idea, based on kills looks like they're (not too good) pirates
06 - Test Alliance Please Ignore - Built around Reddit-originated corps
09 - Exodus. - been around before, relatively small. Apparently hang around Placid, Cloud Ring, Syndicate now.
10 - The Obsidian Front - no idea, possibly living in the Great Wildlands
13 - Drunk 'n' Disorderly - Gallente FW alliance
14 - Outbreak. - Is Outbreak. Buddies with Hydra, didn't check but probably just the Outbreak corp, know their stuff
15 - End of Life - no idea, looks like a small gang PvP alliance, Syndicate, nullsec choke points, W-space
17 - Clockwork Pineapple - Executor Corporation: The Greater Goon. I.e. the non-Goonfleet SA alliance, not friendly to Goonswarm IIRC, looks like they hang in Syndicate
21 - Perihelion Alliance - Tournament veterans. The alliance has now 23 members (23 characters), and they don't seem to have a lot of kills on eve-kill (last one being from the dev caravan)
25 - Hun Reloaded - Former tournament winner alliance, Hungarian alliance, know their stuff
27 - Urine Alliance - Snuff Box. Lowsec PvP
28 - Circle-of-Two - Alliance veterans, long history in nullsec, currently part of the CFC
31 - Hydra Reloaded - Alliance veterans, Genos Occidere, Pod Liberation Authority & friends
32 - Angeli Mortis - no idea, looks like Bleaks/Devoid pirates based on their kills
35 - Synthetic Systems - no idea, based on their kills losses looks like they hang in the southeast
40 - Darkness of Despair - current incarnation of the Russian alliance in the south
41 - Scum. - Caldari/Gallente FW theatre pirates by the looks
45 - Why So Serious - nullsec alliance from the southeast
46 - Agony Empire - Famous for their small gang PvP classes, Agony Unleashed corp
48 - Razor Alliance - Not the alliance that once was the only one to keep sov when MC steamrolled the north. Sure, they have old Razor and Morsus Mihi corps (and The Graduates), but not sure how capable they are these days outside of blobs
52 - Wormhole Holders - Yeah, looks like a wormhole corp, outside of my expertise
53 - Late Night Alliance - Looks like a collection of corps from Minmatar FW, like ROSS and Autocannons Anonymous
55 - Babylon 5. - no idea, looks like a southeastern alliance
57 - Shadow Cartel - Lowsec PvP alliance, like to roll around in expensive toys IIRC
58 - Darkside. - Tournament veterans, active PvPers
60 - Sadistica Alliance - Apparently Aridia residents.
63 - R.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N - A Russian alliance apparently hanging around in the OMS-Tama pipe
68 - No Holes Barred - I recognize eXceed Inc., apparently now hanging around in wormholes
69 - Mildly Sober - no idea, and no idea about relation to Mildly Intoxicated (who are yet another southeastern alliance)
70 - Rainbow Dash Friends - looks like Caldari/Gallente warzone pirates
72 - Your Voted Don't Count - SniggWaffe, Sniggerdly's academy corp, PL B-team

Tournament-wise, big names and former big names that didn't get picked:
The Kadeshi, RVB, Verge of Collapse (ruling champions), The Godfathers, Northern Coalition. (Doom., Rionnag Alba, Destructive Influence, Burn Eden), Dystopia (GHSC), PL (SniggWaffe got in, though), The Ronin, Dead Terrorists, Solar Fleet (Red Alliance heirs), Rote Kapelle, The Retirement Club (Shiva, Evolution, Reikoku, Interstellar Exodus & friends)

Probably forgot a few. Of RP/former RP alliances, there's CVA and the Fourth District also still on the list for the auction.

Edit: And yes, apparently all alliances which are not yet in are eligible to bid in the silent auction. Bidding will continue over the weekend. Newspost here.
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2013, 04:25 by Mithfindel »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #36 on: 13 Jun 2013, 10:44 »

Ohgod Sadistica.

Ahahahahaha.

We've been messing with these guys lately. This should be amusing.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #37 on: 13 Jun 2013, 11:43 »

01 - Confederation of xXPizzaXx - left TEST, have been harassing them since, known of bomber fleets (now joined forces against Goons, I think). Possibly built around 4chan-originated corps?
09 - Exodus. - been around before, relatively small. Apparently hang around Placid, Cloud Ring, Syndicate now. - Extremely talented small gang skirmishers. Regularly take gangs fo fast battlecruisers and cruisers through wormholes to nullsec then roaming home killing as they go.
10 - The Obsidian Front - no idea, possibly living in the Great Wildlands Anti-pirate alliance living in Metropolis lowsec. Senior members of the COA (Coalition of Anti-pirates) and allies of Electus Matari
13 - Drunk 'n' Disorderly - Gallente FW alliance - Extremely capital heavy alliance, famed for 'dread-bombing' a PL titan and a Goonswarm capital fleet.
14 - Outbreak. - Is Outbreak. Buddies with Hydra, didn't check but probably just the Outbreak corp, know their stuff
15 - End of Life - no idea, looks like a small gang PvP alliance, Syndicate, nullsec choke points, W-space
17 - Clockwork Pineapple - Executor Corporation: The Greater Goon. I.e. the non-Goonfleet SA alliance, not friendly to Goonswarm IIRC, looks like they hang in Syndicate
21 - Perihelion Alliance - Tournament veterans. The alliance has now 23 members (23 characters), and they don't seem to have a lot of kills on eve-kill (last one being from the dev caravan)
25 - Hun Reloaded - Former tournament winner alliance, Hungarian alliance, know their stuff
27 - Urine Alliance - Snuff Box. Lowsec PvP
28 - Circle-of-Two - Alliance veterans, long history in nullsec, currently part of the CFC
31 - Hydra Reloaded - Alliance veterans, Genos Occidere, Pod Liberation Authority & friends
32 - Angeli Mortis - no idea, looks like Bleaks/Devoid pirates based on their kills
35 - Synthetic Systems - no idea, based on their kills losses looks like they hang in the southeast
40 - Darkness of Despair - current incarnation of the Russian alliance in the south
41 - Scum. - Caldari/Gallente FW theatre pirates by the looks
45 - Why So Serious - nullsec alliance from the southeast - Members fo the N3 coalition and allies of Nulli Secunda and Northern Coalition.
46 - Agony Empire - Famous for their small gang PvP classes, Agony Unleashed corp
48 - Razor Alliance - Not the alliance that once was the only one to keep sov when MC steamrolled the north. Sure, they have old Razor and Morsus Mihi corps (and The Graduates), but not sure how capable they are these days outside of blobs
52 - Wormhole Holders - Yeah, looks like a wormhole corp, outside of my expertise
53 - Late Night Alliance - Looks like a collection of corps from Minmatar FW, like ROSS and Autocannons Anonymous - A groupd of American time zone ('late night') alliances. Pretty piratey, but skilful with cruiser and battlecruiser gangs. Some capital experience.
55 - Babylon 5. - no idea, looks like a southeastern alliance
57 - Shadow Cartel - Lowsec PvP alliance, like to roll around in expensive toys IIRC - Highly talented pirates in all gang sizes. Some very creative and talented FCs and theory crafters. Look for Scorpion Navy Issues.
58 - Darkside. - Tournament veterans, active PvPers
60 - Sadistica Alliance - Apparently Aridia residents.
63 - R.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N - A Russian alliance apparently hanging around in the OMS-Tama pipe
68 - No Holes Barred - I recognize eXceed Inc., apparently now hanging around in wormholes - Alliance formed by the Norwegian wh corp NorCorp
69 - Mildly Sober - no idea, and no idea about relation to Mildly Intoxicated (who are yet another southeastern alliance)
70 - Rainbow Dash Friends - looks like Caldari/Gallente warzone pirates
72 - Your Voted Don't Count - SniggWaffe, Sniggerdly's academy corp, PL B-team

The Kadeshi, RVB, Verge of Collapse (ruling champions), The Godfathers, Northern Coalition. (Doom., Rionnag Alba, Destructive Influence, Burn Eden), Dystopia (GHSC), PL (SniggWaffe got in, though), The Ronin, Dead Terrorists, Solar Fleet (Red Alliance heirs), Rote Kapelle, The Retirement Club (Shiva, Evolution, Reikoku, Interstellar Exodus & friends)

Probably forgot a few. Of RP/former RP alliances, there's CVA and the Fourth District also still on the list for the auction.

Edit: And yes, apparently all alliances which are not yet in are eligible to bid in the silent auction. Bidding will continue over the weekend. Newspost here.

Bolded additions to what I know.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #38 on: 13 Jun 2013, 18:29 »

01 - Confederation of xXPizzaXx - left TEST, have been harassing them since, known of bomber fleets (now joined forces against Goons, I think). Possibly built around 4chan-originated corps? Confirmed.
09 - Exodus. - been around before, relatively small. Apparently hang around Placid, Cloud Ring, Syndicate now. - Extremely talented small gang skirmishers. Regularly take gangs fo fast battlecruisers and cruisers through wormholes to nullsec then roaming home killing as they go.
10 - The Obsidian Front - no idea, possibly living in the Great Wildlands Anti-pirate alliance living in Metropolis lowsec. Senior members of the COA (Coalition of Anti-pirates) and allies of Electus Matari. Heh. Well, good luck to them.
13 - Drunk 'n' Disorderly - Gallente FW alliance - Extremely capital heavy alliance, famed for 'dread-bombing' a PL titan and a Goonswarm capital fleet.
17 - Clockwork Pineapple - Executor Corporation: The Greater Goon. I.e. the non-Goonfleet SA alliance, not friendly to Goonswarm IIRC, looks like they hang in Syndicate Not sure how unfriendly they are currently with GF, but they don't support them in campaigns. These guys fight Rote Kapelle/I-RED/CYN0/etc in syndicate, so I expect they can handle themselves in the tourney's gang-fight.
27 - Urine Alliance - Snuff Box. Lowsec PvP. Skilled pvpers.
40 - Darkness of Despair - current incarnation of the Russian alliance in the south. Expect AAA/Stain Empire level PVP from DoD. Because that is what they are.
41 - Scum. - Caldari/Gallente FW theatre pirates by the looks, Yup. They get a lot of shit from other pirates but honestly they're pretty good at what they do.
45 - Why So Serious - nullsec alliance from the southeast - Members fo the N3 coalition and allies of Nulli Secunda and Northern Coalition.
53 - Late Night Alliance - Looks like a collection of corps from Minmatar FW, like ROSS and Autocannons Anonymous - A groupd of American time zone ('late night') alliances. Pretty piratey, but skilful with cruiser and battlecruiser gangs. Some capital experience.
55 - Babylon 5. - no idea, looks like a southeastern alliance. Used to live in Fountain when BOB was around. Not very good as I recall
57 - Shadow Cartel - Lowsec PvP alliance, like to roll around in expensive toys IIRC - Highly talented pirates in all gang sizes. Some very creative and talented FCs and theory crafters. Look for Scorpion Navy Issues. Have a number of Alliance Tourney Veterans (The Bastards, etc) in their ranks as well. Don't let their expensive boats fool you: they know exactly how to wreck shit in cheap boats.
58 - Darkside. - Tournament veterans, active PvPers Excellent Russian nullsec medium-gang pvp corp, always considered a strong contender for the finals
60 - Sadistica Alliance - Apparently Aridia residents. Aridia pirates, decent medium gang pvpers
68 - No Holes Barred - I recognize eXceed Inc., apparently now hanging around in wormholes - Alliance formed by the Norwegian wh corp NorCorp
70 - Rainbow Dash Friends - looks like Caldari/Gallente warzone pirates Known for gatecamping and for derping their gangs. Have gotten considerably better in the last month or so
72 - Your Voted Don't Count - SniggWaffe, Sniggerdly's academy corp, PL B-team Probably NOT PL's B-Team. YVDC and PL may be closely related due to YVDC being Snigg's recruitment corp, but they are also rivals and rarely fly together in space. Am guessing that if they won, they'd keep the spoils for themselves.

Bolded additions to what I know.
Bold Red is my contributions.

Della Monk

• Clonejack
« Reply #39 on: 19 Jun 2013, 04:34 »

Yeah, Pizza was a splinter off of the 4chan corp that used to live in southern Fountain, whom they harassed for a while along with TEST, then we dabbled in FW for a bit, and since I've left them they've taken to bombing flights apparently. Fun crowd.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #40 on: 19 Jun 2013, 08:36 »

Confirming Babylon 5 don't deserve to tarnish the name of that hallowed show I loved :P

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #41 on: 19 Jun 2013, 10:38 »

http://community.eveonline.com/community/alliance-tournament/

\o/ Silas' crew, CVA, Rote and 4th all got in!

Edit: I eagerly await a Silas vs. CVA matchup. Just sayin'.

Edit 2: Schedule for first weekend (July 20th) is up: http://community.eveonline.com/community/alliance-tournament/schedule/
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2013, 10:54 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #42 on: 19 Jun 2013, 12:29 »

Super congrats and GOOD LUCK to everyone that got in!

I too will welcome a CVA matchup only so that I can spam SABIK VICTOR in local :P

Going to be a good first fight, Exodus. went to the Semi's last year with some great setups.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #43 on: 19 Jun 2013, 15:03 »

Silas, you guys got a nasty first draw. Exodus. are pretty damn talented. Good luck!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #44 on: 19 Jun 2013, 16:50 »

Silas, you guys got a nasty first draw. Exodus. are pretty damn talented. Good luck!

At least win or lose, that match will not be televised (although it will be FRAPSED of course).

:P

Also if we get to round of 32 we'll have earned it, unlike so many of the gimme matches I'm seeing on the lineup :)

LET THE EFT WARRIOR CUP BEGIN

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6