Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders have grandmothers? (The Burning Life)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: AT11 announced  (Read 9551 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: AT11 announced
« Reply #15 on: 17 May 2013, 16:36 »

troof.

Especially with the buffing of so many ships this year, I really hope to see some off the wall 'cheap' wonkiness rolling people.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #16 on: 17 May 2013, 21:03 »

Price is certainly another factor, as is size.  The problem is that roleplay alliances, especially hardcore ones, by necessity don't have a lot of members.  I think TS-F is one of the largest, and our average fleet size is 12.  This doesn't leave a lot of room for substitutions, or people getting sick, or being able to have a diverse fleet composition (not everyone can fly everything, for instance)

For cost well... we're lowsec pirates who have to work on a budget.  We are hell on wheels with T1 cruisers, but it remains to be seen if a T1 cruiser fleet can work in the Alliance Tournament environment.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 18 May 2013, 19:20 »

More than members or money availability, even, I would be concerned about knowledge of the metagame - both "constructive" (i.e., what is the current "rock-paper-scissors" of ship teams? What else has been overlooked that could be an 'ace in the hole' team configuration?) and "destructive" (i.e, what are other teams' preferred configurations? How can we fight them? If we cannot, what orders can we take out enemy team members in to try and get their best minds off the field? I understand in previous years some teams went so far as to set up entirely separate teamspeak/mumble servers from their parent alliance and practiced in wormholes on singularity to counter in-space spies).

The inability to cover all of those bases could be just as crippling as not having "enough money" or enough pilots.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 19 May 2013, 12:21 »

More than members or money availability, even, I would be concerned about knowledge of the metagame - both "constructive" (i.e., what is the current "rock-paper-scissors" of ship teams? What else has been overlooked that could be an 'ace in the hole' team configuration?) and "destructive" (i.e, what are other teams' preferred configurations? How can we fight them? If we cannot, what orders can we take out enemy team members in to try and get their best minds off the field? I understand in previous years some teams went so far as to set up entirely separate teamspeak/mumble servers from their parent alliance and practiced in wormholes on singularity to counter in-space spies).

The inability to cover all of those bases could be just as crippling as not having "enough money" or enough pilots.

Don't be paranoid, I think most of the meta-meta-meta is limited to the top teams :P

Also does anyone have an idea of point totals? I'm assuming they'll likely be pretty close to SCL's current totals (listed below)?

Ship point values are as follows. Ship types not listed in the table are not allowed (see point 6 below for Tournament Prize ships).
Battleship, Pirate Faction - 20
Marauder - 19
Battleship, Empire Faction - 18
Battleship - 17
Black Ops Battleship - 17
Command Ship - 16
Strategic Cruiser - 16
Recon Ship - 14
Logistics Cruiser - 13
Battlecruiser, Empire Faction (Gnosis) - 13
Battlecruiser (Tier 2) - 12
Cruiser, Faction - 12
Heavy Assault Cruiser - 12
Battlecruiser (Tier 3) - 12
Battlecruiser (Tier 1) – 12
Heavy Interdictor - 11
Tech 1 Logistics Cruiser - 10
Cruiser - 7
Stealth Bomber - 5
Electronic Attack Frigate - 4
Frigate, Faction - 4
Assault Frigate - 4
Interdictor - 3
Interceptor - 3
Destroyer - 3
Tech 1 Industrial Ships - 3
Frigate, EW Variant* - 3
Frigate - 2
Rookie Frigate, Pirate Faction – 2
Rookie Frigate – 1

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #19 on: 20 May 2013, 16:16 »

It's a challenge to put together an AT team these days.  You need enough money for entry fees and decent ships, and if you manage that, then you need to be good theorycrafters and spend a lot of time practicing to refine the setups.  Case in point, one of our setups last year that revolved around a Bhaalgorn and 2 Oracles was almost a joke setup I cobbled together with my OPFOR team on SISI... and it suddenly started winning.

You have to work with what you got, and sometimes that sparks innovation and fun setups.  However, time and not getting spied upon are also big things to deal with.  At least try and get a spot through the random draw, and give it a chance, it's an excellent experience.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #20 on: 21 May 2013, 11:00 »

Curious that they put Marauders high points wise than other battleships, their low sensor strength makes them pretty easy pickings in PvP against any team with ECM (IE most teams) 
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #21 on: 21 May 2013, 15:45 »

Better resists and utility highs for cap transfers can make them formidable tanking boats, especially if rules this year allow them to locally rep while being rep'd by a logi.  Excellent ships for turtle setups (which are boring).

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 21 May 2013, 18:24 »

Better resists and utility highs for cap transfers can make them formidable tanking boats, especially if rules this year allow them to locally rep while being rep'd by a logi.  Excellent ships for turtle setups (which are boring).

Yea dual-Maurader cap buddies with solo repping are super fun.  If you've got remote or local eccm it can be quite tasty.

BTW that point total list I posted is NOT from the tournament, that's SCL's current values, which I'm magic wand hand waving will be prettttty close to the tournament values :)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #23 on: 06 Jun 2013, 14:23 »

I appear to have been wrong. As of today, EM is strongly considering signing up. We may see you there ladies and gentlemen :P

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #24 on: 06 Jun 2013, 16:05 »

I am going to stand here and poke all of you RPers in alliances to sign up.  Nao.

TSF, PIE, Ushra, IRED, I'm looking at you people.

4TH have signed up.

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #25 on: 07 Jun 2013, 19:19 »

I am going to stand here and poke all of you RPers in alliances to sign up.  Nao.

TSF, PIE, Ushra, IRED, I'm looking at you people.

4TH have signed up.

Good, I look forward to hopefully pew'ing you guys and girls in space. :)  Especially with Bacch as a commentator!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 11 Jun 2013, 22:17 »

FLIPS ALL THE TABLES

Grumble.

...good luck

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #27 on: 12 Jun 2013, 03:18 »

Can someone explain what I'm seeing?

What are the green lines? Does the order matter?
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 12 Jun 2013, 05:09 »

Green lines are the corps that have been picked by the random selection by a lottery ball machine. Numbers were the numbers on the balls. Order doesn't probably matter.

The rest have a silent auction to get in. There's 41 alliances left, with 32 slots to be auctioned, so nine lowest-bidding alliances will not enter the tournament.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #29 on: 12 Jun 2013, 06:27 »

I only recognize Razor Alliance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6