Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sleepers are an ancient culture that disappeared?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dressing our dolls: what clothing would we like?  (Read 9686 times)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
Re: Dressing our dolls: what clothing would we like?
« Reply #30 on: 17 Jun 2011, 19:42 »

Whoever capitalizes on the EVE version of a snuggie is gonna be an IC monolith in the open markets.

We could call it the... Passive Repper? Iunno, I'm not good at branding.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #31 on: 17 Jun 2011, 20:15 »

Updated versions of all the clothes we had in the first character creator.  Seriously, were is mah Civire steel chest piece or that weird metal thing on our shoulders and it's corresponding bandolier.   How am I supposed to space swagger without my bandolier!

« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2011, 20:18 by Hamish Grayson »

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #32 on: 17 Jun 2011, 20:55 »

Robo-parrot. The shoulder thing is a robo-parrot.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #33 on: 19 Jun 2011, 12:10 »

Unless they've changed things again I believe they stated somewhere that not even the basic clothes we get at the start will be permanent but we'll end up in hospital gowns unless we decide to Microtransact something or buy it through market after someone has MT:d.

Therefore I really,really,really want a good looking hospital gown as that's what I'll end up wearing. Padding barefoot through the stations wearing just that.
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #34 on: 19 Jun 2011, 14:42 »

Unless they've changed things again I believe they stated somewhere that not even the basic clothes we get at the start will be permanent but we'll end up in hospital gowns unless we decide to Microtransact something or buy it through market after someone has MT:d.

Therefore I really,really,really want a good looking hospital gown as that's what I'll end up wearing. Padding barefoot through the stations wearing just that.

Can you imagine the rage people will throw at CCP for that?

I plan to MT some clothing anyways though. Those Jin-Mei robes and that Deteis business suit & cane thing? More of that. Make it publicly available to all races of course, but... I would really like themed outfits.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #35 on: 19 Jun 2011, 14:55 »

Leaving aside the microtransactions discussion, I'd like to see a "Standard range" -- possibly themed by race/bloodline -- and an "Extended range" which includes access to the "other" items which aren't part of your bloodline's standard set. Just make that an extra click at the end of the slider or something.

This way you can encourage the general flavour of a particular culture while allowing those who identify with a culture that's not their bloodline to show that identification.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #36 on: 19 Jun 2011, 20:42 »

- Laboratory stuff. I want that damn jacket.
Do want!

"Welcome to LDIS, here is your lab coat!"

Moolti

• Clonejack
« Reply #37 on: 19 Jun 2011, 21:19 »

I'm Gallente, I wear high couture fashion.  So I want dresses, dangly earings, stockings, etc.

Mostly I want color.  Everything is currently a shade of brown.  Where is my neon green, purple, yellow, where is my clear plastic stuff the Gallente used to have?

Basically I want this stuff: http://ajmstilt.deviantart.com/favourites/44677099

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #38 on: 19 Jun 2011, 22:44 »

I can resist no longer. Each time I see one of our other thread titles I read it as:

"Star Fraction in Plaid: Now what?"

I really want to see the Tartan Terrorists now.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #39 on: 20 Jun 2011, 04:30 »

I'm Gallente, I wear high couture fashion.  So I want dresses, dangly earings, stockings, etc.

Mostly I want color.  Everything is currently a shade of brown.  Where is my neon green, purple, yellow, where is my clear plastic stuff the Gallente used to have?

Basically I want this stuff: http://ajmstilt.deviantart.com/favourites/44677099

Yeah, seconded. The clothing at the moment mostly looks like it was designed by nerds for nerds. It doesn't reflect what I'd expect to find in the setting outside of cargo holds and server rooms.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #40 on: 20 Jun 2011, 14:58 »

I can resist no longer. Each time I see one of our other thread titles I read it as:

"Star Fraction in Plaid: Now what?"

I really want to see the Tartan Terrorists now.

And now I have to resist the temptation to actually re-name the thread... goddamnit, Mata. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #41 on: 20 Jun 2011, 20:55 »

I rather want brown leather and lacing and goggles and other steampunk accoutrements.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #42 on: 20 Jun 2011, 20:58 »

Nikita, I personally would rather see steampunk looks in a steampunk game, rather than a transhumanist post-cyberpunk spaceship grimdark world.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #43 on: 21 Jun 2011, 00:58 »

I want better hair options ... and for the female avatars to have the same metallic plate/implant options the men have.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #44 on: 21 Jun 2011, 01:18 »

It's weird, with Champions online and Cov/CoH just a few dozen options in several different categories and free choices of colouring and whatnot the players have come up with the most imaginable (and stereotypical) visions on what their character would look like.

Such customization from a game that is several generations behind Incarna is quite enviable.

Of course CCP has never let players actually generate the toys that they play within their sandbox.
It is just much more immersion breaking in Incarna.

Just having different colour options of the same piece of clothing as different objects pretty much shows that there could be a lot more improvement in the customization of the content so that they players would actually feel empowered by the choices they made, instead of looking like a generic capsuleerCaldari01987.

Then for the OP.

Robes with movable hood.
Sandals, simple dresses that cover her from neck to ankle.
And a Khumaak.
The Amarrians must take it back.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4