Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Battle of Tears, between Minmatar and Ammatar forces in YC102, was one of the highest casualty battles ever fought in New Eden.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dressing our dolls: what clothing would we like?  (Read 9685 times)

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
Re: Dressing our dolls: what clothing would we like?
« Reply #15 on: 16 Jun 2011, 15:36 »

Intaki robes would be cool. For just running around in you quarters I would like to have comfortable sweats/yoga pants and some nice flip flops. Even a no shoes option since in most of my RP in HQ and in my head Simca doesn't really wear shoes around her room.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #16 on: 16 Jun 2011, 15:46 »

I would be so happy if yoga pants were available at some point. But what I really want are business tunics.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #17 on: 16 Jun 2011, 15:54 »

It definitely doesn't appear that the Noble Exchange is limited to bloodlines, no, but I was more referring to whether we would see Intaki robes, and all such things.

I mean, just like IRL, it's not all about t-shirts and spaghetti strap tops. Though, it might just be an aspect of the capsuleer culture.

I would have no issue with seeing things like that Seri...as long as its not "only intaki's can wear this" because that would be stupid.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #18 on: 16 Jun 2011, 16:01 »

I suspect we can tell what origins a piece of clothing has by the designer in the Showinfo for each Noble Exchange item. For example, there is "Vallou", which is presumably Gallentean.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #19 on: 16 Jun 2011, 16:56 »

I forgot ammatar clothes.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 16 Jun 2011, 16:58 »

I got lucky. What my character wears right now is pretty damn close to what I thought she would. I'd like to see more business suits and dresses, though.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #21 on: 16 Jun 2011, 19:11 »

- Laboratory stuff. I want that damn jacket.

Seconding lab coats.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Saana

• Clonejack
    • Aseyakone Fluid Router
« Reply #22 on: 17 Jun 2011, 14:18 »

Needs a little black dress that doesn't look like it's made of latex.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #23 on: 17 Jun 2011, 14:19 »

Needs a little black dress that doesn't look like it's made of latex.

CCP realises people want non-latex dresses, implements spandex ones as well.

People go  :|
\o/

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #24 on: 17 Jun 2011, 15:05 »

Intaki robes, and all such things.
Intaki (space elves blegh)

Please justify this view-point?

As for my toon's clothing options I happen to *like* my old Intaki robes/hair options. This sad excuse I'm forced to look at these days is not an Intaki as I knew him. The little IC toon in my hear is also majorly pissed his traditionalist tastes are forced into the gutter and replaced with the mono-cultured run-of-the-mill standard stuff you see today. I'm all for a wide variety of clothing options for CQ/Incarna/2d avatar pictures but coem on... a far wider selection would be great along with different selections that are TYPICALLY used by specific blood-lines. I'd love to see not only my oldest toon use the clothes he loves but for his Gallente compadre to wear them too if she please, or for, say, letting a Deteis wear Imperial clothing options because this deteis is devout and a member of the 24th IC, for example.

Yeah, I'd love that.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #25 on: 17 Jun 2011, 15:31 »

I would love it if they put in all of the clothing from the old character creator, so we could have Caldari shoulder fins, or whatever those things were.  And the skimpy Gallente dresses and the welded together Minmatar outfits (not that Sai would be caught dead in those of course).

In a more general way, I'll keep up my cry for dresses, real floor length no way to run in this without hitching it up dresses.  And robes for women, or hoods and cloaks.  Any loose flappy clothing really. 

Also I could see armor, and maybe weapons, for cerimonial types of things.  Like for Khanid Cyberknights, that screams for some armor at least.  Honor daggers, family swords, those could fit in too. 

And of course have nothing be dependant on race to wear, so Minmatar can jear at Gallente who have no idea they are wearing the same outfit as Minmatar toilet cleaners or something. 

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 17 Jun 2011, 16:06 »

I agree with Mata's sentiment regarding loose robe-like things. Think... *Horrible nerd blush.* ...Jedi robes. I seriously don't have another way to describe something between the oversized blankets masquerading as clothes currently on the server and a bathrobe.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #27 on: 17 Jun 2011, 16:14 »

I agree with Mata's sentiment regarding loose robe-like things. Think... *Horrible nerd blush.* ...Jedi robes. I seriously don't have another way to describe something between the oversized blankets masquerading as clothes currently on the server and a bathrobe.

It's a Slanket, a blanket with sleeves? :o
\o/

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #28 on: 17 Jun 2011, 16:18 »

You mean the Snuggie?
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 17 Jun 2011, 19:35 »

You mean the Snuggie?

Yeah... pretty much. I mean, they look like wedding dresses with the trails they have! While I can imagine that some Amarr (higher-caste Holders) might use that just for show, I'd also expect that lesser Holders and maybe even commoners might have something similar, but that, you know, one could actually be useful for working in too (much like how elaborate royal court suits eventually spawned today's relatively multipurpose business suit).
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4