Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Electus Matari lost over 400 members at the start of its war with PIE Inc?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Dressing our dolls: what clothing would we like?  (Read 9684 times)

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain

You've been flushed out of the pod, hacked the nanite-laden perfluorocarbon out of your lungs, and been hosed down in the after-pod shower (don't forget your moisturiser: pod goo is drying). You're about to spend some time alone in your captain's quarters winding down before you get some sleep on that bare shelf of a bed.

What clothes do you reach for?

Mata's preferences:

(0. None, or maybe some yoga pants. Why should she cover her marks? However, given the US market...)

1. A catsuit: step into it; pull up the zip and you're done. Maybe a slightly fancier catsuit that requires some wriggling into it for times when that's appropriate. After the lack of body sensation in the pod it might be nice to feel swaddled, after all. (Diana Rigg as Emma Peel in The Avengers; Uma Thurman in the same role or in Kill Bill; Trinity in The Matrix.)

2. A robe. Something ankle length that swirls a bit around your legs. Lined with something that feels good, since (as above) you haven't been processing much sensation from your skin while you've been in the pod. Maybe something you could curl up in or under on your lonely couch once you find you can't actually dock with the bed anyway. (I'm thinking of something like a priest's soutane or cassock rather than a bathrobe.)

3. Flat, comfortable slip-on shoes. Wearing heels around grille-mesh floors is just... dumb.

The clothes would have a range of colour options like the hair colour options in the character generator.

What about you?

(Once we get to leave our quarters and mix with people there are whole other wardrobe requirements which will vary depending on the types of venues we have available to us. Want a Little Black Dress (that's not like everyone else's LBD). Want a jacket that doesn't give me breast-enhancement surgery. Want my tribal coat-dress and maybe a dancing costume or two. Want a crafting system which allows players to design clothing within certain server-use limits.)
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2011, 02:56 by Matariki Rain »

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
Re: Dressing our dolls: what clothing would we like?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2011, 02:08 »

The same pair of combat boots, olive State Navy BDU pants and top, tan t-shirt and dog tags he's been wearing for eight years.

Senn is a dirty man.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2011, 02:29 »

I'm actually reasonably happy with the free clothes for 'hanging around my motel room': T-shirt and cargo pants with space-sneakers works for most of my characters.

That said, I like the new shoes for Cia which means I'll probably move her to a station where the floors aren't grille when the other CQs come out.

When we get to go outside ... do want some pants that aren't either cargo or I-put-my-thong-on-after-instead-of-before-my-trousersDo want tops for men and women that don't look like my characters are on their way to a line-dance. Do want a dress or two that doesn't look like the character has done a Scarlette O'Hara but with a vinyl tablecloth instead of the curtains.

Also do want mood emotes. Leaving CQ running on SISI while I typed this, I watch an avatar run through a whole range of realistic micro-expressions - now, if only I could get her to do that on purpose.

Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2011, 07:38 »

More of this post-contemporary casual stuff (some smart-casual would be nice too). Gallente clothing is on that route (trainers and t-shirts). But CCP are going with the edgy stuff first...boo.

* Seriphyn stands in the corner in his dark trenchcoat.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 16 Jun 2011, 08:06 »

Proper business suits.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2011, 09:00 »

I gotta agree with Mata that the last thing I think my character would do after leaving pod would be put on uncomfortable fashion clothing. She'd be wearing comfortable sweats that were nice and soft and fuzzy on the inside.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jun 2011, 10:11 »

- Laboratory stuff. I want that damn jacket.

- Haoris and kimonos-like stuff (especially haoris).

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 16 Jun 2011, 12:39 »

I'd like to see them break it down bloodline-by-bloodline (or faction to faction at least). To know what RL clothes are associated with whatever faction's culture (though, futurized I imagine).

Like...this sorta stuff here

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #8 on: 16 Jun 2011, 13:40 »

I'd like to see them break it down bloodline-by-bloodline (or faction to faction at least). To know what RL clothes are associated with whatever faction's culture (though, futurized I imagine).

Like...this sorta stuff here

I would hate that immensely.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 16 Jun 2011, 13:42 »

I would hate that immensely.

it would be neat to know that certain clothes are associated with different cultures. However, if different clothes are limited to different races/bloodlines like the way haircuts are (wtf?) then, well....  :bash:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 16 Jun 2011, 13:52 »

Clothing and hairstyles being limited to specific races/bloodlines has already caused a bit of an outcry of "WTF WHY SO STUPID" on the forums. I would hope that CCP takes the hint and doesn't limit Noble Exchange purchases in a similar fashion.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 16 Jun 2011, 13:56 »

It definitely doesn't appear that the Noble Exchange is limited to bloodlines, no, but I was more referring to whether we would see Intaki robes, and all such things.

I mean, just like IRL, it's not all about t-shirts and spaghetti strap tops. Though, it might just be an aspect of the capsuleer culture.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #12 on: 16 Jun 2011, 14:43 »

Stockings, shorts, better shoes, halter-tops, waist length jackets, ankle length jackets, ankle length silk dresses with and without a side slash, to allow a flash of leg, also those Chinese-style ones with the high collars and the fabulous dragon embroidery and stuff, waistcoats, corsets, sports outfits, rollerskates, space suits and translucent glassy dresses with voice-activated holo-projectors.

And hats. Lots of hats. Wide brims, ten-galon hats, sun hats, peaked hats, space-helmets.

all with options for corporation logos and stuff.
\o/

Crucifire

« Reply #13 on: 16 Jun 2011, 14:51 »

Intaki robes, and all such things.
These! Not that I'm particularly fond of the Intaki (space elves blegh) but their robes are the type of clothing my character would wear at this time for a couple reasons. Seeing more cultural variety across all the bloodlines would certainly be nice, and not restricting them to those bloodlines would be even nicer.

Also, bring back the Sebiestor guy hair.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
Pages: [1] 2 3 4