Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that ectoplasm (pod goo) is illegal in all empire space except the Minmatar Republic?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Cybernetic monocles and stripper poles  (Read 11339 times)

Crucifire

Re: Cybernetic monocles and stripper poles
« Reply #15 on: 27 May 2011, 14:24 »

I suppose that's true.

Shal Novastorm

• Wetgraver
« Reply #16 on: 27 May 2011, 15:58 »

Yea works for me realism wise, when you're going to a party you put your nice shirt and pants on, when you're going to blast people in the face you toss on comfortable combat gear.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #17 on: 27 May 2011, 16:07 »

Yea works for me realism wise, when you're going to a party you put your nice shirt and pants on, when you're going to blast people in the face you get naked and put on warpaint.

FTFY.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #18 on: 27 May 2011, 17:00 »

Everybody who didn't know this was coming, wasn't paying attention.

I'm pretty ambivalent about it. The idea of real money for goods doesn't really disturb me, but you can look at my general discontent about the Incarna expansion and the design going into it in that other thread about it.

Shal Novastorm

• Wetgraver
« Reply #19 on: 27 May 2011, 18:29 »

Yea works for me realism wise, when you're going to a party you put your nice shirt and pants on, when you're going to blast people in the face you get naked and put on warpaint.

FTFY.

That...is also acceptable!

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 27 May 2011, 18:36 »

I'm on the whole pretty positive about this. Unlike other MMORPG stores, the items don't affect game-play. They can still be bought IG for IG currency, or at the store for IG currency converted to plex converted to aurum. Yes, those willing/ able to spend large amounts of RL currency to buy plex will be able to have more stuff than those who don't, but that situation currently exists at the moment (buy a titan alt! buy a titan!)

I think the pricing of items will affect how well it works in practice.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #21 on: 27 May 2011, 19:34 »

Even a capsuleers clothes are more valuable than most planets annual GPD.

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable
« Reply #22 on: 27 May 2011, 20:08 »

I am completely fine with microtransactions for cosmetics. If they start microtransactions for things that actually affect in-space gameplay there will be mouth-foaming rage, though/

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #23 on: 27 May 2011, 20:23 »

Even a capsuleers clothes are more valuable than most planets annual GDP.

While this may be true, it probably deserves a thread of its own just for brainstorming. One wonders how expensive a designer blouse can get, for instance.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #24 on: 27 May 2011, 21:44 »

I am completely fine with microtransactions for cosmetics. If they start microtransactions for things that actually affect in-space gameplay there will be mouth-foaming rage, though/

Totally agreed. I am really looking forward to this though. btw if they give is swimsuits who's game for a swimsuit calendar?  :lol:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Shal Novastorm

• Wetgraver
« Reply #25 on: 27 May 2011, 22:25 »

I can see a lot of the wealthier players 'flipping' cosmetics for us RPers and such, buy up a bunch with Plex, then sell them off for a 'reasonable' price, I have a feeling even if you never want to touch Plex (or at least don't want to break the ones you have) the market will have a good amount.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #26 on: 28 May 2011, 04:06 »

We're going to start selling vanity items for a new currency called Aurum (which is created from PLEX). We hope you enjoy it but, if you don't, you're in no way forced to take part in it. This will launch within the next couple of months.

Fucking hypocrites.

Nope. This has been coming for a while.

I perfectly knew it was coming and have already been voicing against it here and there. Not everyone does that, to begin with, it is just the actual fashionable thing for video games editors with microstransactions and DLC, and all the like. I can't stand that. Even if it is just for cosmetic purposes. Question of ethics for me. You do not develop only for a part of your players. If you don't want to play in a battleship for example, sure, you are not forced to to it. But if you want, you do not have to use microstransactions though. It is the same thing for me here. If I want to use a pair of clothes, I pay for it in isk or whatever is the ingame currency, but not with a currency tied to any microtransaction related to RL stuff. In my opinion it is utter bullshit. Second life, anyone ?

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #27 on: 28 May 2011, 05:24 »

Again: just use the free customization before you go to a party or a meeting, then change back. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that your flight clothes and your social clothes will differ. :)

I am gone forget doing this....i just know it....

Considering i have several times gone on fleetroams, forgetting to switch out of the +5 carebear clone and once even been podded while in that clone..... :oops:

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 28 May 2011, 05:28 »

I think it would make more sense if you lost your clothes when you lost your ship, even if you saved your pod ... but probably difficult to implement?
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #29 on: 28 May 2011, 06:47 »

There's something a bit strange in the arguments that people don't want micro-transactions for in-game benefit. While I most certainly agree that I don't want some uber t4 missiles to be available for real money, but to some extent this has already been possible. The introduction of PLEX has made it possible to buy real advantage in-game with real money. Yet that has not caused a shitstorm of epic proportions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5