Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Cybernetic monocles and stripper poles  (Read 11336 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Cybernetic monocles and stripper poles
« on: 27 May 2011, 09:45 »

I will play this forever. (Read the dev blog if you haven't already.)

Also note that your clothes get destroyed when you get podded.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Cybernetic monocles and stripper poles
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2011, 09:51 »

1. Announce fabulous party at X location (there is a chokepoint)

2. Suddenly! Smartbombing Supercarriers!

3. "Oh, you were podded on your way to the party? How dreadful! Fortunately, I have this fine selection of fabulous outfits available, for modest prices. Well, modest compared to the difficulty of bringing them out here, that is."

4. Strenuously deny having anything to do with arranging 2.

:D
\o/

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2011, 09:57 »

Glorious.

Shal Novastorm

• Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2011, 10:08 »

When I read the title my first thought was 'eeeengh' but that actually looks like a good way to do it! As long as they stick to 'no, really, it's all just looks stuff' I could care less, not much of an eyepatch or stripper pole dude myself, but I am interested!

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2011, 10:09 »

Epic. Not a massive fan of the separate currency Idea, but I guess I'll have to see how this pans out before I start complaining.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2011, 10:16 »

Fabulous.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2011, 10:22 »

This part made me WTF hard. I can understand that CCP wants destructibility in order for them to have a functional market. But there's no way a pod has storage space for clothing. Make it on ship destruction, that's where you'd keep your wardrobe anyways.

Oh, also the apparent decimation of what's currently available for clothing. Lame and space-gappy though the current selection is, that's just a dick move.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2011, 10:26 »

This part made me WTF hard. I can understand that CCP wants destructibility in order for them to have a functional market. But there's no way a pod has storage space for clothing. Make it on ship destruction, that's where you'd keep your wardrobe anyways.

Oh, also the apparent decimation of what's currently available for clothing. Lame and space-gappy though the current selection is, that's just a dick move.

Yeah, I wish they'd at least give us some more varied options before charging for something worthwhile.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2011, 10:44 »

Clothing descriptions from virtual goods stores include things like:

The GDN line of safety and combat optical systems began humbly, used only by a small number of Caldari PMCs — that is, until the YC 113 action holoreel sequel Smash 4 the State shot the GDN-8 firmly in the public’s collective eye. Now, GDN-9 “Nightstalker” cosmetic goggles will fulfill your desire to own the GDN-8 without the need to purchase military-grade electronics or radiation-proofing.

Designer: Vallou For a traditional look with easy sex appeal, look no further than our “Minima” heels. Understated elegance meets modern sensibilities with slick patent leather; our trademark “V” clasp securing the ankle assures the highest Vallou quality.

The Odin synthetic eye is a favorite of space jockeys who still need to wine and dine with the best. Nanite-constructed filament-lenses and cutting-edge optics are suspended in a sterile gel, all housed in a membrane of transparent polyethylene terephthalate. The result is a fully functional human optic replacement subtle enough for any occasion.

Designer: Sennda of Emrayur Modeled after the Class B military blouses found in several modern navies, the "Sterling" dress blouse is designed to cope with the realities of daily service while maintaining the image of an orderly fighting force. Our dark wool blends are specially treated to resist staining, even tough grease and oil stains common on modern starships. The blouse is adorned with traditional epaulets and a classic waist cincher.

Designer: House of Ranai Move with confidence in our two-toned Resothane® and spider-silk blend “Impress” skirt. Subtle detailing flatters the figure while unobtrusive back pockets preserve the slim-line silhouette.

And So Begin the Fashion Wars
\o/

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2011, 13:05 »

1: Alright, the selection looks interesting. I'll wait to see what CCP brings out before passing judgement on all of it, though.

2: Can clothes be left behind in our stations if we don't want them lost on podding? I mean, we're not exactly wearing that fine silk jacket into the pod...

2: I am really, REALLY, REEEEEEEEEEEALLY not a fan of using the PLEX as a transactive factor in this. I can imagine several reasons why this will NOT be beneficial - the continued inflation of PLEX prices, increased demand of PLEXes favoring those with oodles of RLisk to dump into the game, and the unneccesaryness of adding this "Aurum" currency when the Dev Blog outright states we can buy it with ISK (albeit from other players) anyhow.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2011, 13:06 »

2: Can clothes be left behind in our stations if we don't want them lost on podding? I mean, we're not exactly wearing that fine silk jacket into the pod...

Yes, just change to your noob clothes before joining that fleet fight.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2011, 13:11 »

How tedious. To buy something for 10 million, i have to get 300 million for a PLex, convert that, then spend aura.

Also these paint jobs...like those scorpion paint jobs shown off ages ago?

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 27 May 2011, 13:17 »

No, Seri. You can also buy it for 10m off the market from somebody who bought a PLEX and then 400m Aurum from the store before putting 40 of them on the market.

Crucifire

« Reply #13 on: 27 May 2011, 14:10 »

I get podded all-the-friggin-time, so I don't use implants. But now the vanity clothes I was looking forward to will get destroyed too?

I think that's the one thing that bugs me about this. :(

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2011, 14:17 »

Again: just use the free customization before you go to a party or a meeting, then change back. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that your flight clothes and your social clothes will differ. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5