Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Sansha ships originally armored tanked?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Khanid Kingdom and Blooders and controversy, oh my!  (Read 20825 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Khanid Kingdom and Blooders and controversy, oh my!
« Reply #90 on: 04 Nov 2018, 10:36 »

No offense intended re: brittle, was just being cheeky. Carry on  :P

Interesting, guess we'll see if there's any fallout? I hope they wouldn't burn Khanid as having ties with the Sabik on this sort of thing just yet at least :P

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #91 on: 04 Nov 2018, 10:38 »

I wouldn't hold my breath hoping for that. Cosmo was never exactly the master of subtle writing, and people are already pretty much counting Khanid/Blooders as dick deep in each other.

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #92 on: 04 Nov 2018, 10:47 »

I can reason in my headcanon that a good 90% of those people simply don't make it.

Hmm. I don't think I ever IC stated it anywhere, but I do and did consider a fair few of them (several hundred by now) dead, many didn't even get down on the planets before AA tore their landing ships to pieces. But there was no reason for me to announce that IC. I recognize I maybe also made a mistake in putting a precise number on them, as I originally just said "contingent" which could be any number really.

Also, by the way, and I know this is bit of a copout for me to say this, but honestly, people need to come out and say it if they have a problem with something. Like this "RP elite", it will keep being that "authority" if nobody challenges them. And if, as I've been reading, "startling numbers" of support have been offered, looks to me whomever this vague elite is, is already outnumbered.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
\o/

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #94 on: 04 Nov 2018, 12:23 »

Whats the story with this "lords speaker" dude ?
\o/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #95 on: 04 Nov 2018, 12:35 »

Shitler alt, Fweddit self-destructing a bunch of freighters, same old edgelord nonsense.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #96 on: 04 Nov 2018, 14:30 »

so, a one-day injected alt, bankrolled by someone else, and they'll fade away again, no long term consequences, except the isk and material expended for "lulz". okay. I don;t know there's any fun rp that can come of that.
\o/

MakotoPriano

• Wetgraver
« Reply #97 on: 04 Nov 2018, 14:51 »

Without getting into the rest of it (cargohold RP, mechanical-vs-out-of-mechanic play, etc.), the UK/GMVA fleet vs. today's sacrifice demonstrate pretty cleanly ways to do engaging fleet RP compared to, well, un-engaging fleet RP.

While there are lots of questions and we can have piles and piles of opinions about it, props to UK for trying to spark a live event!

And, what's more, I still contend this: sometimes, suboptimal play is necessary to set up conflict. Announcing the action, while certainly 'suboptimal' in a real opsec sense, has certainly set off a lot of RP that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #98 on: 04 Nov 2018, 15:29 »

After 17-18 years or so of RP, I've definitely found that there is no community as anal as the EvE online RP community. Not that it's a bad thing, I just know I won't be helping organize or plan anything like this again. All the folks who agree keep messaging me and other supporters yet are scared to come forth publicly in fear of "the elite" bashing them and making them feel like inferior idiots(y'all good at that.) Those who helped and supported; thank you, very much, truly.

On the danger of starting shit, I felt I had to respond to this too. I think this is pretty unfair lashing out considering how supportive most of the people in this thread have been, and basically everyone sans Mizhara voiced their concern in this in very polite manner after you came in and clarified what the event was about (and even before that, Samira and Kala). I'll echo everything Aldrith said in response to this message.

And you know, encourage these people afraid of the "elite" to come forward and discuss with us here and wherever they feel like. I don't mean right here and now, if they don't want to, obviously. But I love to see new people in the RP scene and I'll tell anyone who harasses them to go fuck a cactus.

And, what's more, I still contend this: sometimes, suboptimal play is necessary to set up conflict. Announcing the action, while certainly 'suboptimal' in a real opsec sense, has certainly set off a lot of RP that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Agreed. Imagine how many slaves Nauplius would've sacrificed succesfully if he'd only shut up about it!

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #99 on: 04 Nov 2018, 16:15 »

[mod]I've removed some posts, primarily for violating the guidelines about 'ur doing it wrong'. Its not anyone's job to be RP police. I would strongly encourage people to review the faq, in particular, if they are wondering what appropriate interactions here look like. The RP community is small enough as it is, without making it smaller by attacking people who operate with insufficient RP purity for your tastes. That's one of the main reasons we have that rule, actually! [/mod]

Ferra Orta

• Clonejack
« Reply #100 on: 04 Nov 2018, 19:03 »

https://imgur.com/a/IVAd2M4

Some screens of the massacre today if folks like good 'splosions.
"RPing on EvE is like LARPing in a minefield."

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #101 on: 05 Nov 2018, 00:10 »

If only there were a space/atmospheric flight combat game, and a FPS squad-based shooter game, and maybe even a tower-defence type mobile game, that were set in the EVE universe, and could be linked in an event connecting player successes/failures with storyline development.

That would go a long way to resolving the questions about orbital/atmospheric mechanics, and ground combat, and what is feasible for capsuleers to do in these kind of scenarios.

Man, that'd be great.
\o/

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #102 on: 05 Nov 2018, 00:17 »

https://imgur.com/a/IVAd2M4

Some screens of the massacre today if folks like good 'splosions.

Well at least my stupid attempt to destroy Lord Speaker by getting CONCORDed gave a pretty awesome screenshot.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #103 on: 05 Nov 2018, 06:43 »

Seriously though, it would be pretty cool, if you could spend PLEX or something, and order up a custom scenario mission for Valkyrie and/or DUST/Nova.

So, like, you want to deploy an army onto the planet, you're going to need space-to-surface missions, and ground forces.

So, you spend a little PLEX, and you can submit a themed scenario to the Valkyrie/Nova mission pool for X days. Convoy Attack/Defence for Valkyrie, say, and Valk players can sign up on whichever side, and do battle.

Like, you'd submit the MISSION, PLANET, OBJECTIVE, ATTACKER, DEFENDER, fields in the submission form, which would provide the Valkyrie and Nova players with context for what they are actually doing, and would set the terrain type and whatnot, which corporations they are acting for the benefit of, and so on.

And then after the X days, the results of the scenario are viewable, and provide some kind of thing to objectively determine what happened.

And this could even tie in somehow with Faction Warfare and/or Sov warfare, and planetary control in that.

Could even work in the industrial side of EVE somehow, producing equipment for all these goings on - like, you'd need to supply X amount of hardware to begin a scenario or something.
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2018, 06:48 by Louella Dougans »
\o/

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #104 on: 05 Nov 2018, 09:38 »

Hell they should release a little 'dice roll' in-game RP tool :P

You know how in some games you can craft or whatever, you put all the items in a blender and you get x out of it?

You could do that, have two opposing players/corps put in 'marines' or 'small arms' or whatever items and set a scenario and have the RP BLENDER roll some dice on a few outcomes you ask for.  Boom!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10