Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

a lone miner was detained and executed on 29.11YC105 for "suspicious curiosity" after asking passing Imperial Fleet ships "where they were going with all those guns".

Author Topic: The Letters Project  (Read 921 times)

Ieze Svain

The Letters Project
« on: 13 Jan 2013, 10:32 »

This is an Idea that I have been cooking up for about a week and having got my ps3 back I can now set it in motion. The premise is simple, a brother and a sister are communicating across a large distance with short letters.

Ieze is a fledgling pilot and Jyrk is a Dust Mercenary. These are the first two letters of what I hope to be a series, and I hope you enjoy!

-----

Sent: 114.01.12 14:34:56
To: Jyrk Svain
Subject: Update from the family.

Dear Jyrk,

Just writing to ask how you are, we haven't heard from you for a while and our parents are going crazy without any update. Some sad news came this morning, our cousin was killed in a mining barge accident and this has only served to heighten Mother's worry. There is an investigation underway and things are under control I think.

On to some happier news, I'm nearly done at the RMS, I'm going to be a Pilot! Really hope you can come back for the graduation ceremony, I would love to see you there.

I have so many plans but I will definitely be joining up to the Militia and flying in the skies above you and will be with you spiritually. Meanwhile I have found work as a mechanic on a Rupture and Father gave me his old Rifter on the condition that I repair it myself, which has turned into a little project for me and a few good friends of mine! Maybe one day Ill be flying it in honour of the Republic.

I might be heading out to the front-lines on the Rupture crew at some point though which is pretty exciting. I hope you can get leave an meet up with me if you are near by when that happens.

Love
Ieze "Little One" Svain

--------

Sent: 114.01.13 22:00:09
To: Ieze Svain
Subject: Re:Update from the family.

Dear Little One,

I have to keep this brief, as they are not letting us write much and beside this is the only free time I have in the next few days I think. Things on the ground in [Redacted] are going well, just been promoted too, we are still in this and still fighting the good fight. Thats shocking to hear about our cousin, hope everyone is coping, you should tell our parents to stop worrying so much I'm fine. Pass my love onto them.

Thats great to hear you are near graduating, I honestly don't know if I will be able to get to the ceremony but maybe as you say we can meet up if you are nearby. But don't do anything rash if and when you get out here.

Good luck on that Rifter, you'll need it! Get in contact with my buddy Arakah, he might be able to help you with certain parts. Take care and stay safe, I don't want to lose you!

Jyrk Svain
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2013, 18:41 by Ieze Svain »

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
Re: The Letters Project
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2013, 10:39 »

Unique and cool; looking forward to more of this!

Ieze Svain

Re: The Letters Project
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2013, 18:40 »

Video Log Received By: Jyrk Svain
Sent: 114.03.05 15:10:25
Title: Good.. and bad news.

Ieze stands in front of the camera drone in a battered looking woollen hooded top and a pair of combats, her left Eye is bandaged up and her right arm in is in a sling. She looks paler than usual and the bags under her eye shows sign of tiredness. Her voice is a bit croaky and sometimes she loses it all together.

"Hey, Bro… I don't know where to start…"

A pause and a sigh. She tries to force a smile.

"I guess I should start with the good news because I think you can probably see the bad news… the good news is I am now a fully qualified pilot, but its not over yet as I have deferred graduating till this time next year, I can't just settle for pilot anymore…"

Ieze loses her voice for a moment here.

"I have to take it a step further, I feel I can't bare living here anymore I need to see the world and find myself. So I did it, you know signed on to the advanced course…"

She shifts uneasily.

"So, the bad news… wait… first of all I didn't get your last message it was all messed up, what is going on? Just a tiny bit worried. Now I know my appearance is worrying BUT please don't worry I'll be fine… how did it get like this, del I got a bit cocky and tried to intervene when Father was being beat up by a bunch of people who were after him for some money he owed them. One of them slashed at my eye with a knife, I don't remember how I broke my arm… I… this was last week, should be recovered soon."

Weak laughter.

"Your little sister is going to look like a pirate for a bit, might get a fancy eye implant. Anyway I better go, Mother is calling me and I think we have guests."

The feed cuts, with a soft fzzzt sound.

End Of Video Log.

----

Sent: 114.03.20 20:17:09
To: Ieze Svain
Subject: Re:VidLog Good.. and bad news.

Dear Little One

Sorry this is brief, Ill send a Video Log too at some point if I get time. I have to show you the rifle I've been given.

That was a silly thing to do! Seriously you shouldn't meddle in Father's problems, he's a stupid gambler who doesn't pay his debts. It'll only cause you to get hurt like this.

Please please don't get an eye implant! Besides what will the guys say. If that is you really want on the advancement of you studies you should it, I can't say I agree with the idea.

Really hope you get better little piratical one.

Jyrk Svain