Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The command division of the Angel Cartel is called the Dominations.

Author Topic: Err... right...  (Read 780 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Err... right...
« on: 31 Mar 2014, 12:15 »

Well, this is interesting.

Mr. Putin is getting to be a bit much at this point. He's like a Bond villain, except one who people are genuinely scared of opposing.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Err... right...
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2014, 12:25 »

Time to get the sniper rifles and the necromancy supplies...

Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2014, 12:42 »

Winter War II: The Putining

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2014, 13:15 »

Didn't this turn into a brutal, bloody quagmire the last time this happened?

A bit behind on the history here. Halp?
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2014, 13:24 »

Didn't this turn into a brutal, bloody quagmire the last time this happened?

For Russia, yes, iirc. Hence my wisecrack about bringing Simo back from the dead.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2014, 13:36 »

That said. It was brutal for both sides, even if the sheer numbers do look impressive.

Nobody wants war, we certainly don't want one. But we will fight one if that fuckhead brings one.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2014, 23:07 »

Just looking at the map/satellite imagery...  any ground offensive from Russia into Finland just looks, um... hazardous.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 01 Apr 2014, 00:27 »

This popped up on Reddit a couple days ago, and people quickly pointed out that it is (to put it lightly) utter bullshit. The sole source in the article, Andrey Illarionov, is a former Putin adviser who split from the government back in 2005 and has since been apparently putting out a stream of very alarmist and absurd statements about Putin since.

Furthermore, Finland is pretty much nothing like Ukraine: They've got a competent army with a decent stock of modern military equipment in good functioning order, their government is not in the midst of a collapse and/or revolution, they've got allies to call on, and perhaps most importantly there is (to my knowledge) no significant ethnically or linguistically Russian populace to turn into a cause for invasion.

So, some of Baltic states? Yeah, I could see Putin going after those - but not Finland. I'd file this under the same category as the Russian minister saying they're going to reclaim Alaska.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 01 Apr 2014, 05:54 »

Yeah, Finland won't happen. But Moldova? Yes. Ukraine? Yes. Belarus? Maybe. Parts of Uzbek? Maybe.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 01 Apr 2014, 06:00 »

Time to accelerate Moldova integration into the EU. :yar:

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 01 Apr 2014, 06:02 »

Time to accelerate Moldova integration into the EU. :yar:

Considering a large percentage of their Romanian population just wants to join Romania and Moldova is one of the poorest countries in all of Europe, I've always wondered why they don't just join Romania. Last polls I read said that a majority of the country would prefer it.