Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Myrhial Arkenath was born and raised on Saisio III? Read more here

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: EVE and Bands  (Read 1936 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: EVE and Bands
« Reply #15 on: 24 Jun 2013, 12:25 »

Vince plays the guitar and sings. Though he has not done so in public for ages.

Saede too. She's not actually good though, its just something she does in her spare time.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #16 on: 24 Jun 2013, 12:29 »

I've RPed Shin as singing for a band while she was at school. It's not something I've RPed heavily, but it's there. Pulile Empoisonnée was a pretty typical college band: the members were all students at the C.A.S. in Cistuvaert; they played shows at the school and in system; they had some local popularity while they were active - probably on the order of bands like Dickless or maybe Green River - but did not achieve any real commercial success; they broke up when a few of them graduated. Musically, they'd have been the equivalent of a garage rock or punk band.

In general I think it's perfectly fine to RP something like this. I know we have some folks who RP tremendous commercial success, and I think that's fine as well, if that's what they really want. The further along the spectrum towards "superstar" you play, the more onus there is going to be on you to play it well.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #17 on: 24 Jun 2013, 12:32 »

Okay, seeing as Ché sings and plays some instruments, I'm obviously biased towards interesting RP.
If a Gallentean char claims to have starred in some movies or something, I might pretend I've seen some of his work. I don't know if claiming fame is god-modding, but it's a relatively innocent version if it's done well. Fame has downsides as well, after all, and some of us may be at least local celebrities for just being the capsuleer from their community. Claiming fame is in my eyes mostly just another hook for interaction with other characters, thus beneficial to RP in that aspect.
Ché's fame comes mostly from racing, but his musical interactions with other characters provide entertaining RP.
-OOChé

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 24 Jun 2013, 12:39 »

There was something about music, and how artificial pop groups are a thing in the Federation. Completely CGI artificial personalities to sing and dance and so on. It's all a bit o.O

Hatsune Miku called.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lyn Farel

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #20 on: 24 Jun 2013, 14:39 »

There was something about music, and how artificial pop groups are a thing in the Federation. Completely CGI artificial personalities to sing and dance and so on. It's all a bit o.O

Hatsune Miku called.

Evelopedia on AI:

Entertainment
AI performers, similar in construction to the Aura AI, have gained popularity in recent years, particularly in the Federation. AI musicians create inoffensive songs for mass consumption, with appearances designed to appeal to specific demographics, particularly teenagers. Virtual actors and actresses have starred in blockbuster holovids, with a certain subsection of the populace preferring them to flesh-and-blood performers.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.
Pages: 1 [2]