Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fedos are spongy creatures about the size of a cat that smell horrible and are sometimes used for waste disposal on ships? More here!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Did anyone else notice...  (Read 5542 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Did anyone else notice...
« Reply #30 on: 29 Apr 2013, 16:30 »

I'm reviving an old favorite, myself.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #31 on: 29 Apr 2013, 16:37 »

I would fund such an endeavour.
[/quote

You know if I played a straight hard line Amarrian would about 3 weeks until she ended up being a politically radical morally-corrupt space lesbian heretic ...

(Then Reven would resub)

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Shal Novastorm

• Wetgraver
« Reply #32 on: 29 Apr 2013, 16:54 »

I'm positive I don't count as 'vet' since I'm pretty sure I only actually met a couple of you guys in my last jag playing but I'm totally coming back after that preview the other day, it's basically all the junk I wanted and a lot of hints at future coolness.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #33 on: 29 Apr 2013, 16:56 »

Well, I'm not bitter; I'm wistful.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #34 on: 29 Apr 2013, 17:12 »

Resubbing? So last year :P

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #35 on: 29 Apr 2013, 17:41 »

You know if I played a straight hard line Amarrian would about 3 weeks until she ended up being a politically radical morally-corrupt space lesbian heretic ...

(Then Reven would resub)

Wouldn't need to. You could replace her.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #36 on: 29 Apr 2013, 19:05 »

I don't think bitter is a part of vet. I think I'm a vet, and I'm not bitter at all. I think you're a vet when you've seen all possible conversations on the IGS/Summit at least twice. :)

Bah, I currently have a job that means I only get to see my home computer at weekends - seems pretty difficult to fit the time demands of an MMO into a working schedule sadly. Add to that practically all the heroic free captains of the Fraction have grown up/got married/had kids/got busy etc etc and it does seem strange thinking how I could find a role in the actual in space game again even if I had the time. One man corp thing never really appealed.

Funny thing with eve though, it really is so singular a setting, and so unique in mechanics and vision, that there is no alternative on the horizon. It's just become something of a life experience one never really puts aside. Hence I'm always interested in what's happening in general and what schemes people are spinning and get the occasional evening like this one to randomly whore forum on my tablet in a hotel room ;)

Yup happened to me. As for resubbing, I wouldn't go for returning with Jade, too much has probably changed, as you hint. It had for me, at least. But restarting from scratch has a certain magic to it. :)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #37 on: 29 Apr 2013, 19:06 »

(Then Reven would resub)

You and Revan coming back would make me so space happy.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #38 on: 29 Apr 2013, 19:15 »

(Then Reven would resub)

I suspect you and Revan would constantly be at each other's throats verbally (and possibly in space depending on Revan) slicing each other over your Sabik loyalties. Alternatively you might become... the best of buddies...

Either way the sanity of the average does-not-like-the-Sabik characters would crumble like a stack of cards in short order, I suspect, to much to handle.

As for me, I likely fit the 'bitter' vet status, though I still undock and get shit done often enough. Just not too much on my main, currently. :evil:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #39 on: 29 Apr 2013, 20:15 »

(Then Reven would resub)

I suspect you and Revan would constantly be at each other's throats verbally (and possibly in space depending on Revan) slicing each other over your Sabik loyalties. Alternatively you might become... the best of buddies...

Either way the sanity of the average does-not-like-the-Sabik characters would crumble like a stack of cards in short order, I suspect, to much to handle.

We got along swimmingly IC, she was even kind enough to assist with my 'outing' public ceremony. I even got to use her ceremonial blade :)   

Jade was nice enough to attend as well :)

Revan without a doubt had the style and the panache and wonderful magnetic personality that Silas doesn't, and had a great history of coming up with fun RP events, contests, and other shenanigans.   Silas is more about crushing people with a well-manicured fist.  I think we gravitated towards different sorts of gameplay and RP but Jade could speak much more about that sort of thing. 

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #40 on: 29 Apr 2013, 21:16 »

Bah, I currently have a job that means I only get to see my home computer at weekends - seems pretty difficult to fit the time demands of an MMO into a working schedule sadly. Add to that practically all the heroic free captains of the Fraction have grown up/got married/had kids/got busy etc etc and it does seem strange thinking how I could find a role in the actual in space game again even if I had the time. One man corp thing never really appealed.

Funny thing with eve though, it really is so singular a setting, and so unique in mechanics and vision, that there is no alternative on the horizon. It's just become something of a life experience one never really puts aside. Hence I'm always interested in what's happening in general and what schemes people are spinning and get the occasional evening like this one to randomly whore forum on my tablet in a hotel room ;)

Amen, Jade. Though it does seem to draw one back in, doesn't it?

Khloe

• Silent Watcher
  • Egger
« Reply #41 on: 29 Apr 2013, 21:40 »

I've been playing off and on since 2004, and the nostalgia bug kicks in every six months or so where I remember all the interesting experiences I had over the years. I finally get the motivation to join, remember all the reasons I left, and return to cryo-stasis until the hunger returns. I love the atmosphere/setting/idea of EVE, but the game experience is lacking the pivotal piece to really keep me enthralled. 

Hardin

• Clonejack
« Reply #42 on: 04 May 2013, 22:59 »

Hardon Hardin.

I am not playing at the moment - work and personal life are taking up too much time.

However, I did resubscribe Hardin just this week so I could do a Provi/CVA history in that EVE Stories thingy (forgive all the typos it was done in a rush)... Anyway, that gave me a severe case of nostalgia... which is how I ended up reading and replying to this thread...

Darius Shakor

• Clonejack
« Reply #43 on: 05 May 2013, 03:22 »

*Pokes his head in*

Bitter vet you say? I finally belong somewhere. :cube:
Retired freedom fighter. Founder of the Second Shakor Clan [-2SC-]
Currently playing as Denaton Koudo these days. Drawn to the blinking Caldari lights. Ooooooo.....

Twitter me @DShakor

Lyn Farel

« Reply #44 on: 05 May 2013, 03:59 »

Hardon Hardin.

I am not playing at the moment - work and personal life are taking up too much time.

However, I did resubscribe Hardin just this week so I could do a Provi/CVA history in that EVE Stories thingy (forgive all the typos it was done in a rush)... Anyway, that gave me a severe case of nostalgia... which is how I ended up reading and replying to this thread...

Yay, I summoned him.  :cube:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4