Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

a lone miner was detained and executed on 29.11YC105 for "suspicious curiosity" after asking passing Imperial Fleet ships "where they were going with all those guns".

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wanted: Updates  (Read 3973 times)

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
Re: Wanted: Updates
« Reply #15 on: 16 Jan 2013, 15:32 »

You have been gone for TOO long, you know.

And now you tell me you will dispose of Aria. HERESY!  :evil:

If you are still going to keep playing whenever you can, why get a new toon?  :cry:

Because I have a feeling the new toon will be a DUSTie.

That said. Please don't biomass Aria. Somehow I feel the setting is better for having her in it, even if she is being silent.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: 16 Jan 2013, 16:02 »

Rgr. No biomassing.

The major problem with actually resuming Eve, as such, is that it turns out to take precisely the same kind of mental energy as my career (criminal defense attorney). Doing one drains energy for the other.

The same is not true of FPS games, hence DUST. We'll see whether I can keep Tarquin compatible with work.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #17 on: 16 Jan 2013, 18:40 »

Rgr. No biomassing.

The major problem with actually resuming Eve, as such, is that it turns out to take precisely the same kind of mental energy as my career (criminal defense attorney). Doing one drains energy for the other.

The same is not true of FPS games, hence DUST. We'll see whether I can keep Tarquin compatible with work.

I know what you mean about EVE taking the same kind of energy as srs things, but I tend to have the opposite end result out of it as you, where doing one gives me more energy for the other.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 17 Jan 2013, 07:28 »

I am a mathematician... and I just avoid excess expenditure of mental energy by 1) being a very bad mathematician and 2) RPing a rather uneducated character.

Wooo!

Also, welcome back!

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 17 Jan 2013, 12:37 »

2) RPing a rather uneducated character.

That there might be exactly the problem. Aria is a very political/philosophical creature. Legal work involves a lot of the same brain bits.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #20 on: 17 Jan 2013, 19:02 »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ARIA IS BACK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

\o/

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #21 on: 17 Jan 2013, 19:59 »

That there might be exactly the problem. Aria is a very political/philosophical creature. Legal work involves a lot of the same brain bits.

Copious amounts of alcohol always work. My characters are supposed to be intelligent politicking propagandists but then I get so drunk I have no idea what I'm doing but somehow it still all works out.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 18 Jan 2013, 03:51 »

Thumps up for that!

Playing "Average Joe" or "Simple-minded Tom" has its benefits and I generally tend to like those kind of characters.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Lyn Farel

« Reply #23 on: 18 Jan 2013, 07:10 »

Thumps up for that!

Playing "Average Joe" or "Simple-minded Tom" has its benefits and I generally tend to like those kind of characters.

Yeah that must be frustrating at times but also quite rewarding.

And less risk to sound like the insuferable asshole.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 19 Jan 2013, 13:23 »

Can be tough when you encounter your first godmodding, mary-sue type though. I always feel Pieter is incredibly ordinary and maybe too boring when I bump into the 'Machievellian mastermind genius billionaire' type.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #25 on: 19 Jan 2013, 19:03 »

Can be tough when you encounter your first godmodding, mary-sue type though. I always feel Pieter is incredibly ordinary and maybe too boring when I bump into the 'Machievellian mastermind genius billionaire' type.

Those are easy; Call the pretentious, self-entitled little twat out on it. Draw attention to their negative sides, underline the bad things about being such a supposedly superior being. If anything else fails; They are capsuleers now. Just like you.

Their origins, their families, their planet-side wealth or position, it's all meaningless now because in space, they are just like every other 'average joe'. Capsuleer-dom is the great equalizer, and any toon that forgets this is just waiting to get pulled down from their lofty throne to be beaten half to death by their fellows, figuratively, verbally or literally, all depending on who their arrogant attitude offended.

They might themselves try to gloss this over, but their fellow peers will know it and reputation is the only solid currency worth anything, everything else is replaceable.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #26 on: 20 Jan 2013, 08:19 »

But Aria is the only person who knows Katla. I love that friend-and-enemy relationship they have going. I hope you let her make a comeback someday - I will miss her. :-(

Also, good luck with the new character. An OOC poke would be welcome.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 Jan 2013, 15:38 »

I thought you might like this.

Arnulf has just learned to fly Marauders & is saving for one. He names his ships for fighting women and war goddesses. Usually it takes a while to pick a name but his Marauder will be the Aria Of The Genocides. This in memory of Aria's IGS musings on us being monsters & likely being eventually massacred by enraged baseliners.

For those that don't know this is, in part, a Last Exile reference on my part.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Anslol

« Reply #28 on: 25 Jan 2013, 10:19 »

Anslo is still crazy and has been lovingly given the nickname of Anslol.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 25 Jan 2013, 14:58 »

Well, just consider that it is easier to play an uneducated character as an educated person than vice versa.
Pages: 1 [2] 3