Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Jove Empire is isolated from the rest of the world to all but a selected few? read more here.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wanted: Updates  (Read 3971 times)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
Wanted: Updates
« on: 15 Jan 2013, 21:09 »

Hey, all. It's been a while; sorry about that. Work got the better of me. It hasn't actually let go, and I fear that it's time to lay Aria's piloting career to rest.

The good news is, I've got another character I'm working on (who's not so much with the piloting), and need to get his backstory straight.

Anybody care to fill me in on what's been up with the State, and the world in general? What's this I hear about somebody trying to assassinate Tibus Heth?

(And failing? Dammit-- worst of both worlds! Most of the martyrdom, none of the getting rid of Tibus Heth.)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Wanted: Updates
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2013, 21:43 »

Wooo, Aria \o)
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2013, 21:48 »

I'll do a quick tl;dr here and go searching for links in a bit.

State: Someone did indeed attempt to assassinate Tibus Heth at a public rally. They apparently failed (we have not been given explicit evidence Heth is alive, only the word of another Provist) and were dragged down by a large number of security officers at the scene. There was, of course, much speculation that this was the work of a disaffected DUSTie, particularly given that it took "over a dozen" normal security people to wrestle the man down. There has been no public response to the recent (temporary) Gallente control of the warzone yet.

Empire: Business as usual. Blooders are asking for capsuleer assistance in beginning an attack on the Khanid Kingdom; we'll see how that goes.

Federation: Two major events, the first being the Serpentis and their Guardian Angel guards orbitally burning an entire Federation planet for refusing to give up some drug material the Serps wanted. There was a lot of rabble in the aftermath of that about why the Federation Navy or DED didn't show up to defend against a fairly major incursion into their territory (the Serp/Angel fleet was pretty cap-heavy) and a review of the Tripwire system and Navy was done. This event arc culminated in players bringing aid to the devastated planet.
More recently, they did some flag-waving when the militia managed to overrun the entire Cal-Gal warzone. This was complemented, however, by a news article describing a Federation reporter producing highly illegal video catering to snuff-loving masses at home.

Republic: Also suffered a raid from the Cartel, although the results were not nearly as dramatic. Otherwise, business as usual.

Live Events: As this list might suggest, live events are on the upswing again. Falcon and Eterne are fighting the good fight in making events that are not only open to all, but fun for those participating - i.e., not just "hey, let's go to place X and shoot a dev character!"

Worldbuilding: Evelopedia got a new round of articles for the recent expansion, many of which focus on demographics, histories, and economies of the Big 4. In addition to the above, Falcon and Eterne have been actively responding to PF questions on the EVE forums and ingame (when you can find them logged on).

EDIT: News and forum-links added where I could find them.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2013, 22:07 by Esna Pitoojee »
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2013, 23:11 »

Brilliant. Thank you, Esna.

And you, Saede, for the warm welcome back.

Time to work on a character sketch.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2013, 23:20 »

Thanks a lot for the info, Esna, very helpful. BTW, is the EvE Insider official like the old news bits were, or is it done by players?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2013, 02:45 »

Really glad you're back in some form Aria, you were always one of my favourite Rpers and probably contributed to my starting to RP in the first place. My current character is an Aria fangirl and has a poster of her on the wall of her quarters.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jan 2013, 02:48 »

Conspiracy: Aria is Simcat, come back in a different form to haunt us.

Vikarion

« Reply #7 on: 16 Jan 2013, 03:33 »

Really glad you're back in some form Aria, you were always one of my favourite Rpers and probably contributed to my starting to RP in the first place. My current character is an Aria fangirl and has a poster of her on the wall of her quarters.

Geez, and I thought I was bad.  :P

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 16 Jan 2013, 03:55 »

Welcome back !

Desiderya

« Reply #9 on: 16 Jan 2013, 08:17 »

Welcome back Aria =)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 16 Jan 2013, 09:06 »

Aria, evemail me if you resub, some thing (tm) to discuss IC

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #11 on: 16 Jan 2013, 09:40 »

I think she's making a new character and putting Aria Jenneth to rest.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 16 Jan 2013, 09:49 »

I think she's making a new character and putting Aria Jenneth to rest.

Ok well, ooc mail me, other things to discuss regarding Aria, need to consult regarding some Aria things (tm)

:P

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 16 Jan 2013, 12:51 »

Everyone:

Thank you. It's good to be back.

Silas:

Will do. Curious what you've got in mind.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #14 on: 16 Jan 2013, 15:26 »

You have been gone for TOO long, you know.

And now you tell me you will dispose of Aria. HERESY!  :evil:

If you are still going to keep playing whenever you can, why get a new toon?  :cry:
Pages: [1] 2 3