Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

blueprints are required for manufacture of everything from shuttles to dreadnoughts because of strict anti-copyright infringement laws enforced by the SCC.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thanks to Raze, Lyn, Rodj, and everyone  (Read 2859 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Thanks to Raze, Lyn, Rodj, and everyone
« Reply #15 on: 14 Aug 2011, 22:36 »

These are the same people who keyboard turn in games like WoW and Rift, and get really upset if a roleplayer actually maneuvers during combat against them. "I was casting a spell!"   "Yeah, that's why I ran behind you. Tried to shake it off."   "That's not fair!"   "What? You can just turn too you know. Or, you know, don't let me get behind you."   "Not fair! It's not realistic if you move during combat! I'm reporting you!"   "... yeah, good luck with that. Oh look, you got something on you there."    "WhaARGH!"   "Another blade in your spine. You really gotta be more careful."

I didn't know they'd infested Eve as well.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #16 on: 15 Aug 2011, 02:37 »

These are the same people who keyboard turn in games like WoW and Rift, and get really upset if a roleplayer actually maneuvers during combat against them. "I was casting a spell!"   "Yeah, that's why I ran behind you. Tried to shake it off."   "That's not fair!"   "What? You can just turn too you know. Or, you know, don't let me get behind you."   "Not fair! It's not realistic if you move during combat! I'm reporting you!"   "... yeah, good luck with that. Oh look, you got something on you there."    "WhaARGH!"   "Another blade in your spine. You really gotta be more careful."

I didn't know they'd infested Eve as well.

They always do. Lamers are an infection, the only cure is immunity, aka roll your eyes, ignore it as best you can, and lead by superior example. Those who can't handle it will fall off along the way, the rest will march on over their mangled corpses.

On the subject at hand though, I have read the tread in question and I was positively surprized to see 'yet another bitch/whine/rant fest about slavery' turn into a positive endeavor. Well done.

Now, to see the day this happens on the Fed/sta front too, in stead of the ever-present childish 'I'm right your evil/no U' crap.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #17 on: 28 Aug 2011, 02:29 »

Lamers are an infection, the only cure is immunity, aka roll your eyes, ignore it as best you can, and lead by superior example. Those who can't handle it will fall off along the way, the rest will march on over their mangled corpses.

I am happy to see someone paraphrasing my personal operations procedures.  8)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Pages: 1 [2]