Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a principle drug booster of Sansha's Nation?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thanks to Raze, Lyn, Rodj, and everyone  (Read 2858 times)

Arkady Sadik

• Egger
Thanks to Raze, Lyn, Rodj, and everyone
« on: 12 Aug 2011, 14:39 »

I have been greatly enjoying the exchanges we had on IGS. Thank you all for the first really good RP experience on IGS I had in a very, very long time :-)

Lyn Farel

Re: Thanks to Raze, Lyn, Rodj, and everyone
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2011, 04:19 »

Same, thanks for the RP. This made me sometimes think hard twice on several of my or kotmc stances.

Sadly though, not everything is all lovey dovey OOC. Haters gonna hate.

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2011, 06:18 »

Have to agree, thoroughly enjoyed the RP on the IGS. It's a shame that things get leaked into OOC sometimes, but that's just a part of life I suppose.

You know, you can always chat IG with us too. :P

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2011, 06:32 »

What went troublesome OoC? From what I gathered, the thread was civilized from start to finish. Did something get ugly?

Arkady Sadik

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2011, 06:41 »

You know, you can always chat IG with us too. :P

*I* could, but it would require some kind of good reason for Arkady to do so :-D

Sorry to hear that there are OOC issues. :-/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 2011, 07:18 »

OOC issues are coming from the amarrian side. Anyway, this is not the debate here.

I hope to have other RP interesting stuff like this soon. I am also preparing something in accordance to the logical consequences that might ensue.

Kazzzi

• Egger
« Reply #6 on: 13 Aug 2011, 07:23 »

OOC issues are coming from the amarrian side. Anyway, this is not the debate here.

Which Amarrian side?  :lol:

I only happened to notice one bad OOC post lately and it was quickly removed by Navigator. If you see Kazzzi posting bluntly, I assure you he is speaking in character. Though educated and capable of engaging in polite conversation, he is a scoundrel d-bag who often shuns formality and decorum.

Good IGS thread btw.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2011, 07:33 »

Noo it is not Kazzzi (and Kazzzi is funny). It is not on the IGS. But this is not new. Some people always blend the IC/OOC barrier to insult the other side when they can, or take potshots at it. Who has yet to deal with such a situation ? It happens all the time.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 2011, 15:22 »

Noo it is not Kazzzi (and Kazzzi is funny). It is not on the IGS. But this is not new. Some people always blend the IC/OOC barrier to insult the other side when they can, or take potshots at it. Who has yet to deal with such a situation ? It happens all the time.

It does, and it's rather unfortunate because it ruins what could be a lot of fun RP opportunities.

I'd happily name names too to call them out onto the carpet to face the music, but I'd probably have to report and mod myself for doing so. :bash:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Arkady Sadik

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 13 Aug 2011, 16:21 »

IC/OOC spill-overs are annoying. :-(

I've had the weirdest types of IC/OOC in the past.

One thing that regularly frustrates me is people using OOC reasons to back IC decisions, and then expect me to just accept the IC action with no consequences whatsoever because it was done for OOC reasons. And get OOCly upset when my character reacts ICly.

Another thing that has happened to me is the "announced OOC upset." Some RP interaction goes into some direction that might be un-fun for the player. So I check OOC "hey, your IC action there will likely make my character do X, which might not be fun for you; is that ok? We can talk about it OOC and see if we find a way out of the situation with a different result that works for both of us if you'd prefer." Answer: "No, that's ok, go ahead." Me: "You sure?" Answer: "Yes, just roleplay your character!" I then went ahead with X, and suddenly they were totally upset with me forcing this onto them.

The latter has happened a number of times now, so often that I've been wondering whether there's some kind of big RP culture clash in which some RP cultures frown upon OOC discussions of IC actions. If it wasn't about *players* being upset, it would be amusing.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #10 on: 14 Aug 2011, 05:28 »

Interesting, for the second case. I have yet to face it.

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #11 on: 14 Aug 2011, 11:59 »

IC/OOC spill-overs are annoying. :-(

I've had the weirdest types of IC/OOC in the past.

One thing that regularly frustrates me is people using OOC reasons to back IC decisions, and then expect me to just accept the IC action with no consequences whatsoever because it was done for OOC reasons. And get OOCly upset when my character reacts ICly.

Another thing that has happened to me is the "announced OOC upset." Some RP interaction goes into some direction that might be un-fun for the player. So I check OOC "hey, your IC action there will likely make my character do X, which might not be fun for you; is that ok? We can talk about it OOC and see if we find a way out of the situation with a different result that works for both of us if you'd prefer." Answer: "No, that's ok, go ahead." Me: "You sure?" Answer: "Yes, just roleplay your character!" I then went ahead with X, and suddenly they were totally upset with me forcing this onto them.

The latter has happened a number of times now, so often that I've been wondering whether there's some kind of big RP culture clash in which some RP cultures frown upon OOC discussions of IC actions. If it wasn't about *players* being upset, it would be amusing.

I've had this happen a few times, myself. It sucks and it really decreases my desire to continue RPing with that particular person.

I tend to let IC actions just flow as they would in real life, with me having very, very limited control over what transpires. Raze's adoption of Sapphire has brought him into some really, really tight situations in RP and forced him to delve into aspects of his personality that he never explored before. It was fun and it was tight, sometimes it was frustrating, sometimes it was exhilarating, but it was always strictly IC.

I've had very tense IC arguments with other characters, and sent an EVE mail just afterward titled "OOC" just to chat with them a bit and thank them for the RP, encourage them to continue it and make sure the air is clear between us OOC. Even some of my RL friends have characters that are bitter enemies to my characters in other games that I RP in, it helps keep things vibrant.

As for the OOC? I've been getting an earful OOC from a few select individuals for a little over a month now and for a while it made me simply want to just quit playing the game, or at least quit playing Raze. Thanks to the OOC encouragement of some of my friends and those who have RPed with me before though, I manage to keep going.

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #12 on: 14 Aug 2011, 13:34 »

Worst are the people (if you want names, just ask me in person) who will convo me after/during a fight, telling me how they were obviously afk, and as such no fair targets at all.  :lol: Had that happen twice to me from RP enemies and both times it confused the hell out of me.

Victoria Valadeus

« Reply #13 on: 14 Aug 2011, 13:45 »

Worst are the people (if you want names, just ask me in person) who will convo me after/during a fight, telling me how they were obviously afk, and as such no fair targets at all.  :lol: Had that happen twice to me from RP enemies and both times it confused the hell out of me.

lolwut

People go AFK in the middle of space?

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 14 Aug 2011, 16:49 »

lolwut

People go AFK in the middle of space?

Sometimes, yeah, but occasionally when they do they come back to their PC to find that their pod has magically docked itself...
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"
Pages: [1] 2