Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That small colony hangars cannot have comprehensive hangar security systems due to the need to scramble forces quickly? (The Burning Life p. 78)

Author Topic: Hey Guys!  (Read 1947 times)

Xaiylia

• Clonejack
    • IRL Blog
Hey Guys!
« on: 21 Nov 2013, 21:00 »

I've been playing EVE and popping in and out of RP channels for about a month now and thought I would stop by and (finally) say hi. I moved in with a couple of people I met at a hippy festival a few months ago who both play EVE religiously, so it was only really inevitable that I was assimilated and then directed here. Hello!

EVE is my first MMO in a while-- well unless you count the fact that I very occasionally play Rift with friends. I played a couple MMOs back in the day when I was really into forum RP, but it's been a while and my RP skills are rusty. I'm also still doing a lot of the research required to fully develop my character, so patience is always appreciated.

When I am not in EVE, I am a freelance artist. I spend a lot of my time drawing, painting and listening to music. I have a few webcomics that I am working on right now. I also enjoy baking fresh bread as well as hula hooping, quiet meditation and transhumanist lectures.

Bring on that cake and hate I was promised.
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2013, 21:10 by Xaiylia »

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
Re: Hey Guys!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2013, 21:13 »

In before "please draw my character."

Just kidding. Welcome aboard.

Druur Monakh

• Wetgraver
    • Hazardous Goods
« Reply #2 on: 21 Nov 2013, 23:53 »

Druur shook her head, rubbed her eyes, and tried to read the post again.

"Hippies? Playing EVE?", she asked herself quietly. "Either something's fishy here, or I really need to get in touch with baseliners again."

Mentally already starting compose a hopefully witty response, her eyes wandered down the display, just in case some other smartybrains had stolen her idea, only stop at an advert for the Sisters of EVE.

'Love by nature. Live by luck. Kill by professionals.'

Druur shivered, and fell back into her chair, fragmented memories trickling into her mind. It hadn't been those exact words, but in essence that had been the motto of the 35th Royal Khanid Navy Space CSAR Battalion, who had saved her from... saved her...

She said deathly still, her hands clutched into fists, empty eyes belying the sudden torrent of thoughts going on behind them.

(( SCNR - Welcome! And also: Sudden Backstory, yay! Actually the SoE remind me a lot of Trauma Team of the Cyberpunk RPG (for which I wish I could have found people to actually play with).))

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2013, 08:01 »

Welcome!

I've been pretty interested in the SoE storyline and last night I ran into Sister Ambi in Sumit to renewed that interest. Could get a "Angels of Eve" kinda RP thing going if others are intersted in that.
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2013, 08:50 »

Welcome backstage.

And yeah, Sister Ambi has also been renewing my interest in Ché's huminitarian work. There's some ideas in his head but... they might just stay there.
-OOChé

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 22 Nov 2013, 11:03 »

Ooooh, another artist. Somewhere around here we have buried in the depths of archived threads an art discussion thread. Should really resurrect that some time.

Anyhow, welcome!
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #6 on: 23 Nov 2013, 16:12 »

Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #7 on: 24 Nov 2013, 01:53 »

In before "please draw my character."

Just kidding. Welcome aboard.
Please draw my character.

Oh, no, sorry.  I meant, welcome to Backstage.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #8 on: 25 Nov 2013, 18:40 »

Could get a "Angels of Eve" kinda RP thing going if others are intersted in that.

You mean like these guys?

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #9 on: 26 Nov 2013, 09:06 »

Hello.  Here is your cake.  Beverages are over there.  Drugs and guns will follow, with a nice chaser of DED enforcement.

I'm kidding about the DED enforcement, they never come here.

And Druur, SoE is like if Trama Team was actually run by Arasaka.  They might do good, but they're probably doing something shady in the background.  Then again, pretty much everything in EvE is run like that. 

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 26 Nov 2013, 09:51 »

Welcome to Space.