Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers resurfaced in YC106 to protest the monopoly then held by the empires on deadspace warp beacon technology.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1493 times)

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
Greetings
« on: 16 Nov 2013, 10:43 »

Hello  :)

I guess I should likely say Hello. I've been hovering around and workin on a few RP threads but primarily just observing.

I've been without an MMO for osme time now and my IRL friends finaly convinced me to give Eve a try. I am a huge fan for RP and I really enjoy in-depth charcter development. I was really excited to find such a strong Rp community here, I havn't seen this depth of character development since my days in the ole' chat sims. Thank you to everyone who has made me feel so welcome and a huge shout-out to Grealyn, Luna, Ava, Kat, and Arista for helping me get my feet wet and find some of the history for Xeph.

I am looking forward to being able to Rp with a lot of you!

Without posting too may spoilers here is some public backstory on Xeph: Until about a year ago, Xeph was the property of a Holder named Arborath on a backwater ag planet on the fringe of Amarr space. Official Imperial record shows Xeph as a free'd slave though there are still some peices of information missing. Xeph's mother, a Thukker slave is recorded as deceased. Arborath is also recorded as deceased with no next of kin. There is no record of who Xeph's father was, though Xeph does carry strong Sebiestor features. DED and Minmatar records show that Xeph was enrolled wihin the Pator Tech School earlier this year and has only recently completed his certifications and begun taking odd jobs within Matari space, including several jobs for the Sister of EVE. Xeph caries no viable markings and his loyalties are yet unknown. Anyone inquiring after his recent activity would find that he has been quietly contacting various Amarr Capsuleers asking after both a man and a young girl with almost no information on either.

~Xepharious Wryn
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2013, 10:45 »

Welcome!

I used the white backstage theme and can't read a word you've written.

But welcome anyway! :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Xepharious

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2013, 10:50 »

I'll have to keep that in mind when choosing my text color. I promise you that it wasn't earthshattering.

~Xepharious
Xepharious
alexylva.webnode.com

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2013, 10:50 »

o7o7 Welcome to Space.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2013, 18:49 »

Well. Now this looks interesting; I'll be quite wondering if I hear from this one.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Xepharious

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2013, 14:15 »

Esna,

I'm not sure to what or who you are referring but if I start a fight, it will be IC and likely won't start with a punch.

~Xepharious
Xepharious
alexylva.webnode.com

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2013, 16:12 »

That's his sigfile.

And hi.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 18 Nov 2013, 10:42 »

Yeah sorry, that's my posting signature! It's just something I found amusing and decided to attach to my posts. It refers to a discussion thread of a chronicle some time back in which Gallente were said to get traditional Minmatar tattoos (which can carry significant social, religious, or historical significance) without understanding their meaning or the weight they might carry.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Xepharious

• Egger
« Reply #8 on: 18 Nov 2013, 12:00 »

*removes foot from mouth*

I guess I just hadn't anticipated someone actually having expectations so quickly. I will try not to disapoint. BTW, as per an RP last night, you should have an EVEmail incomming from me Esna. (When I am not working long enough to type it)

Also, how do folks in BackStage generally feel about Backstory posts? I don't fancy myself a writer by any means but I have been typing up some naratives on Xeph's backstory and I am wondering if anyone would be interested if i were to post them with a *spoilers* disclaimer.

~Xepharious
Xepharious
alexylva.webnode.com

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #9 on: 18 Nov 2013, 15:44 »

Hmmm... I usually avoid the backstories because half the fun for me is  learning to get know someone.  That's why Luna does her match-making and social events side businesses.  I like surprises and don't mind putting my foot in my mouth (like when I tried to arrange a marriage for a certain Amarr Admiral and learned he was over 100 years old and already married!)  :eek:

Once I think I know someone well enough I admit I do peek though...
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2013, 16:41 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #10 on: 18 Nov 2013, 19:15 »

*removes foot from mouth*

I guess I just hadn't anticipated someone actually having expectations so quickly. I will try not to disapoint. BTW, as per an RP last night, you should have an EVEmail incomming from me Esna. (When I am not working long enough to type it)

Also, how do folks in BackStage generally feel about Backstory posts? I don't fancy myself a writer by any means but I have been typing up some naratives on Xeph's backstory and I am wondering if anyone would be interested if i were to post them with a *spoilers* disclaimer.

~Xepharious

There is a section for that very thing. In it you can share however much and whatever you feel like dumping there. Keep in mind though that it's not mandatory to do that in any way, and we have had a few discussion tread regarding if this kind of info is IC available or not, with some agreeing that IC-marked means toons don't know about it, and some going by the idea that if it's available on the internet and they can read it, then it's available for their toons to 'have heard about' in some way.

You may want to keep this in mind, and if you leave anything for us to enjoy regarding your toon or anything of yours, if it's something you want to keep secret IC, you may not want to share it here. I'm pretty confident that general fluff is pretty A-OK though.

Xepharious

• Egger
« Reply #11 on: 18 Nov 2013, 22:39 »

Thank you BloodBird, that really does help. I will considre posting it but perhapse I will wait a bit until i've been able to develop the character via RP IC more, for the fun...

Luna, a matchmaking service eh? I am curious as to just how succesfull you are.. I'll have to watch for one of your matches. I am a sucker for watching people find eachother I guess.  ;)

The next trick will be trying to figure out why it keeps deleting both my URL or mu upload destination when I try to upload or link an avitar, any ideas? It accepted my change to my sig easy enough.
Xepharious
alexylva.webnode.com

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #12 on: 19 Nov 2013, 16:05 »

Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #13 on: 20 Nov 2013, 18:40 »

You are late Saede. The guy's been in the building for days and only now he get's refreshments?

Shameful display.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #14 on: 22 Nov 2013, 08:43 »

Welcome backstage.
-OOChé
Pages: [1] 2