Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the corp with the most holders of the Kourmonen Campaign medal, handed out by Yonis Ardishapur himself, today reside in PIE?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2560 times)

Voice Void

Greetings
« on: 16 May 2011, 18:03 »

Hi! I thought i'll just poke in to see what you guys are conspiring about here :P

I still remember my first encounter with a EVE RPer very vividly.

Like, in my 6th or 7th day of the trial three and a half years ago, I take my trusty Thrasher and brave the perilous depths of local lowsec. Of course, soon I get scrambled and shot at in a belt while ratting. I notice that the attacking character is Amarr and belongs to a corporation named "Cruoris Seraphim"; soon, the Thrasher explodes and the pod is pointed (client lag ftl). And then the pirate asks me in a suprisingly civil manner with no smacktalk or leetspeak whatsoever: "How much is your life worth? 5 million?"

5 million? I laugh at him: the new clone at my current SP level would cost about 60K ISK, and all my stuff would probably amount to some 2-3 million. I get promptly sent to the clone bay in Ammold and, out of sheer curiosity, begin to read my murderer's bio.

WTF? He really IS a Blood Raider!

Several days later, i join a random newbie mining corp, full of rookies as green as I am or even worse. I tell my new corpmates that I was podded in Bosena by a Blooder. The following dialog ensues:

Corpie> NPCs don't pod.
 Me> It was a player. Player Blood Raider. There seems to be a whole corporation of them.
 Corpie 1> Blood Raiders are NPCs.
 Corpie 2> Yeah, you can't join the NPC pirates.
 Me> This one wasn't. Full T2 fitted Vengeance, NPC my ***.
 Corpie 1> O.O
 Сorpie 2> o.O
 Corpie 3> >.<

Thus I was simultaneously initiated into EVE lowsec, EVE PVP and EVE RP :) Three years and several hundred killmails later, i still hope to meet my unwilling teacher one day, and, keeping the point on his pod, ask him:

"Nice to meet you again, Holder. Tell me, how much is your life worth?..."

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2011, 18:32 »

Ummmh, guys? There is this sound in my head, like a voice from the void... it keeps telling me of this trasher noob getting jacked by a blooder... and wondering if he will ever find the guy again...

I think I might be losing it folks, anyone else hearing this? Guys?

/joke - Hello not-so-new guy o/

While I am sure the cookies, coffe and other tasty and harmless stuff will come your way soon, you will need this *Hands over a powerful handgun*

In case you did not know, it's for the drug-pushers. One bullet in each knee, then you run off. These guys have a habit of regenerating fast, but this might buy you the needed time. 8)

Oh, and by the way... blooders are not holders, in such a sense... if you want to be alive around here, not unknowingly saying anything like "Amarrian Holders are blooders" can be very, very smart. :oops:

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2011, 18:48 »

Howdy, and that's an excellent story!

Coffee, tea, or beer, by the way?

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2011, 18:53 »

Hiya!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Vieve

« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2011, 19:24 »

Welcome.  There are also cookies somewhere.  I would offer them, but I am concerned if I did that you may feel compelled to put holes in the knees of these new trousers, which would then result in a complicated plot involving (unwittingly) half the known cluster until my appetite for revenge was fully sated, or someone killed me and I forgot all about it.

I would also suggest that you run while you still can, but I fear that it is likely too late for that.

Xav Serise

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2011, 21:30 »

Awesome story! And I <3 your Maulus icon ;D

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2011, 04:48 »

As someone who also lost her first ship to Cruoris Seraphim, that's an awesome way to start the game.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2011, 08:03 »

As someone who also lost her first ship to Cruoris Seraphim, that's an awesome way to start the game.

You actually go about remembering this stuff? I can't recall my first ship loss, or my first podding.

Vieve

« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2011, 15:02 »

You actually go about remembering this stuff? I can't recall my first ship loss, or my first podding.

You don't?   Huh.

I remember Vieve's first ship death and podding.  I also remember being so pissed off about it that I decided to join a corp (this after a bit over a year playing random Caldari alts -- none of whom got blown up!), instead of continuing to avoid people.

Gervais never recruited me into STRIX.   I steamrollered him into accepting me. :P

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2011, 17:38 »

Ah, Blood Raiders... such disagreeable types.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2011, 17:47 »

hello there

I could try poking what CR-SE people I know, but do you have a name about who did it?
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Voice Void

« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2011, 18:45 »

*Hands over a powerful handgun*
Thanks! I'll put it to good use... Hey Sco-tty! scotty? scotty, where are you, I have found the place for the donuts, and the bush too, and my second half is already on board... WHERE ARE YOU HIDING, YOU LITTLE PIECE OF DUCTTAPE?... Oh. Well, next time.

Oh, and by the way... blooders are not holders, in such a sense..
Well, the bio of that exact blooder said at the time that he's a disgraced and exiled holder, also, a former member of PIE so...:P

Also, why do you think that sani sabik "holders" of sorts couldn't exist in their quasi-state in Delve under Sarikusa? I bet many of those Blood Patriarchs in Apocalypses have rather extensive planetside domains and titles granted by the cult leadership.

Coffee, tea, or beer, by the way?
Mmmm, tea!

/sip

I can't recall my first ship loss, or my first podding
That's what lossmails are for!

hello there

I could try poking what CR-SE people I know, but do you have a name about who did it?
Hi! Of course, I have the name. But it was loooong ago, so CR-SE is no longer relevant to this Twisted Plot of Dark Revenge :)

Actually, yes, this was the best introduction to EVE PvP that i now can think of. If instead of this 1v1 in a belt in a remotely comparable craft I got popped later, by jumping into a 0.0 entry 30-man bubblecamp by some clowns from outer space or something, I'd quit in disgust immediately. It doesn't take much brainpower or experience to get the message conveyed by the bubble game mechanic...
« Last Edit: 17 May 2011, 18:53 by Voice Void »

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 17 May 2011, 18:59 »

Well see, I said that blooders are not holders in such a sense. This is true - Imperial holders have a specific function in Amarr society and I still think the blooders, even if they have 'holders' as well, will think of a completely different thing, perhaps even a position with an entierly different name and/or meaning.

Far as the 'warning' about not calling blooders holders, it was mostly eant from the IC pow that you may not want to piss off Imperials by hinting that they do things simmilarely as blooders, or vice versa. Might take offence, ya know? :)

Also, I was first sploded and podded several years ago, and killboards were not nearly as prominent as they are now. If they were, I'd have dozens more memorable kills to my name, and a few more losses. Honestly I wish we or our enemies had killboards even back then if only to cronicle all those memories and events.

Also, your ex-PIE blooder... there are not an endless row of ex-PIE that joined that corp, so finding your opponent should not be to hard.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #13 on: 19 May 2011, 01:05 »

One of my first(I think number 2 or 3) was in Provi to a U'K raiding party.

/reminiscing 

Hai not-so-new new guy. Awesome story.

Edit:

* Ember Vykos jogs BloodBird's memory.
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=208661
That seems to be your first waaaaaaay back in 05
Disclaimer: Could be wrong though. v0v
« Last Edit: 19 May 2011, 01:10 by Ember Vykos »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Lyn Farel

« Reply #14 on: 19 May 2011, 03:00 »

Hey you. o/

Can't remember my first podkill either (I think it must have been in providence), though I remember my first pvp loss (a small ductaped rifter of some kind).
Pages: [1] 2