Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DED has very long-standing military laws governing the conduct of its officers.

Author Topic: Our Known Universe  (Read 824 times)

Benjamin Shepherd

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
Re: Our Known Universe
« Reply #1 on: 04 Feb 2011, 22:41 »

Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #2 on: 04 Feb 2011, 22:48 »

Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.

Your momma's so fat, we use her as reference for a unit of measure: asstronomical units.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mebrithiel

• My main is my falcon alt ♥
  • Egger
  • A wild Meb approaches!
    • Blood Inquisition

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 08 Feb 2011, 20:17 »

Gotta love the Imperial Commissar vs. Ork argument in the comments.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov